“Better than a 3-star, 3-1/2” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel ML

You added The Hotel ML to your Saves list
The Hotel ML
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   915 Route 73, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 (Formerly Marriott Mount Laurel)   |
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Cape Cod
“Better than a 3-star, 3-1/2”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was nervous after booking the Hotel ML through Hotwire, and reading the posts here. However, we had an excellent experience. The Trip Advisor postings DID warn us away from the area near the pool, so I'm happy to have had that information. We were given a lovely room, still with obvious Marriott furnishings - and phone! - the staff was helpful, and responsive. The bed (and room) were comfortable, the location excellent for us as we were on our way south, through New Jersey.

Room Tip: If you're not interested in the pool area, I would suggest (along with others!) that you request...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
JitkaTravler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. From the helpfulness of our staff to the clean and comfortable accommodations, it sounds as though we were able to meet your needs and provide you with an enjoyable stay.

Our location is most definitely a major convenience for guests, as we are located less then a mile from exit 36a off I-295 and exit 4 of the New Jersey Turnpike. We're glad you were able to take advantage of it.

Thank you again for your review. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Rachel Klekman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We ended up here through Hotwire - we pretty much knew which hotel we were getting - and paid about half the going rate $60. We were planning a 2 day/1 night trip during February break and since I would be alone with the kids, I wanted everything to be in 1 location, meaning water park and hotel. This worked well for that. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We had no noise issues, but I could see it being noisy if you had a ground floor room on the walk to the waterpark.

It was nice that we arrived on the Tuesday of Presidents Week since the local schools were back in session but the waterpark was still running on vacation hours so we could stay late on the first night and get in on the earlier side the next day. It was very manageable crowd wise.

I would say this is a good park/hotel for younger or less adventurous kids. I went with a 6 and 10 year old. The park was small enough to be able to give them some freedom but still keep track of them. They had a great time. Going when they first openned in the morning was great because there were no lines and they did everything as many times as they wanted.

Be sure to look for package deals as well as separate with discounts. They also have Groupons sometimes.

As a stand-alone, I would choose a different hotel. If you are planning to go and enjoy the waterpark, then it's a good choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
nymommyof2,

Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel and providing feedback to future guests. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our "one-stop" vacation spot, providing comfortable accommodations, water resort fun and dining all under one roof.

Many of our families enjoy being able to getaway during school breaks, and I'm happy to share that CoCo Key will be open 7 days a week during the summer months, starting June 15th through Labor Day weekend. While some of our guests do book through third party sites, we would remind you that our Overnight Water Resort Packages are priced to be the "best available bargain", outside of deals like Groupon, including one night's accommodations and access to the water resort for up to 4 guests, valid for up to two days.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We booked this room for $50/night on Priceline. Priceline indicated this is a 3.5 star hotel, so we took our chances. I read the other reviews after booking I read the reviews below and made backup arrangements with family, just in case my lowball offer came back to bite me in the you-know-what.

We drove 10 hours from Ohio to NJ with an antsy 2-year old. We arrived an hour before check-in time and the hotel looks dated from the outside. I was delightfully suprised by the lobby decor, it looks just like the website. There was a short line and the front desk and kids were coming out of the walls. This is to be expected as it is also a waterpark and this was Memorial Day weekend. When we went to check in, they did not have record of our reservation. I gave them my confirmation number, Priceline trip number, and even gave them the email confirmation from Priceline...still no reservation. I was thinking "here we go....this is what I get for being cheap. I called Priceline and had it all sorted out in about an hour. Of note, I believe this is Priceline's fault, not the hotel's.

The front desk staff was very professional and accomodating. I did see a man working the front desk throughout the weekend, but he in no way appeared to be on drugs as stated below. As a matter of fact, the front desk staff is the best I've encountered in NJ. I've learned to accept their terse manner as a cultural difference from my Midwest upbringing. However, I never experienced the aforementioned attitude at this hotel. The staff did seem to be swamped by the influx of guests, but they managed to provide good service despite the hoards of people in the hotel. The grounds and public areas were clean and odor free.

The room was nice and clean as well. The decor was updated, the bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. We had a room by the elevator and pop machine, but we didn't hear a peep out of other guests, doors slamming, or the elevator dinging. I really have no complaints, except for the following...

We wanted a refridgerator and double beds. However, by the time Priceline fixed their snafu, all of the doubles and rooms with fridges were gone. The housekeeper did a very quick and cursory cleanup on our first day. In her defense, we sent housekeeping away earlier and when she came back we were in the room changing into our swimwear for a day at the beach. She did not replinish our supplies (i.e. cups, coffee, etc), but she did provide clean towels, made our bed, and emptied the trash. She also sprayed solution in the bathroom and gave it a quick wipe-down. I'd like to think that we would have had a more thorough cleaning if we weren't in the room.

I would give this hotel 3 stars, not 3.5. Maybe if they had a complimentary breakfast I'd give the other half star *wink, wink*. It was certainly worth $50 and I would stay here again in a heartbeat for $50!!!!

suchaclassylady,

I would first like to thank you for your time in sharing your experience at our hotel.

We pride ourselves in providing a clean, safe and welcoming environment at an affordable price. I'm happy to hear we were able to provide that to you, as we take many strides to continuously increase the level of service we provide to our guests.

We hope that we will continue to be your hotel of choice during visit to Southern New Jersey. Please feel free to call our reservations department directly at 877.494.2626, we often have great deals, including breakfast, available.

Guest Relations
Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I read several reviews of this hotel and to be honest, I was very disappointed when my Name Your Own Price on Priceline put me here. I travel a lot and have stayed in a lot of REALLY bad hotels...this was not one of them. I have come to the conclusion that if you want all the comforts and conveniences of home you have two choices... 1. Pay much more for your hotel or 2. STAY HOME! Bottom line is, you typically get what you pay for. Enough of my soapbox rantings... Now for my review:

Pros: Very large room. Clean. Comfy king size bed. Decent WiFi - free. Easy access from interstate. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They were obviously overwhelmed by the Memorial Day weekend crowds, but did their best to meet all of our needs.

Cons: LOTS of kids running around everywhere. No free breakfast. One bellman and one luggage cart on the property made it very difficult to get all the luggage for a family of four to a 4th floor room. Elevators were very slow.

Bottom line is, this would have been a good 2 star hotel, but it is not 3 star quality. When I stay in a 3 star hotel I expect more amenities and more details cared for. That simply did not happen here. The hotel was more than adequate for my stay, and certainly for my wallet, just don't be fooled by the 3 star rating.

Room Tip: The pool side is much more noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Anthony C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear the accommodations of our rooms and the service of our staff met your expectations and that your stay as a whole was a pleasant one.

While we don't provide complimentary breakfast on the weekend, we have recently opened our Concierge Lounge Monday-Friday, providing complimentary beverages, fruit and breakfast pastries for upgraded guests during the week.

I hope that you and your family will visit us again soon.

new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Checked in for 2 nights over Memorial Day weekend - left after one night. The place looked sold out but they had a very thin staff on. For instance, I wanted a bellman to bring up my luggage. I waited ½ hour and was told that I had to wait some more as “We only have one bellman on duty.” Oh really! My wife and I carried our own bags up (5-we don’t travel light). But that wasn’t the worst. When we got to our room, I found a pile of human excrement behind our door. We told a housekeeping person in the hallway about it and they said they “…would be back and take care of it”. It was an adjoining room with our grandchildren next door or we would have moved. We went to dinner and, guess what – it was there when we returned! It took 4 calls to the front desk (Housekeeping only had a recording) over 2 hours to get it taken care of. Do yourself a favor, stay at the Westin around the corner or , for a few $$ more, the Aloft across the street – a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the ALoft across the street!.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
thehotelml, General Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
wa2vof,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the lack of service that was provided during your stay. While this is not the norm, it is still unacceptable and I would like to apologize for how it effected your stay. I have spoken with our department head, who was aware of challenge and has firmly address this matter with staff.

I thank you again for your time and hope you will provide us with another opportunity to host your stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Terrible experience! The hotel was poorly managed. The front desk staff looks very unprofessional. It was obvious that he took drugs, his speech was impaired as if he's high on drugs and he dressed up very poorly.

The hotel room was so thin that I could hear people next door screaming and jumping around. They also scheduled lawn mowers to do their job early in the morning. It was loud as hell that I could not sleep.

The room had bugs flying around. I had to kill them myself. The bed sheets and covers were soggy. We slept in a 2-bed room with 4 sleeping pillows. 3 pillows were soft and 1 pillow was firm - so inconsistent!

I strongly recommend avoiding this horrible hotel. I will never come back. This hotel does not deserve a 3 star status.

• Stayed May 2012
Sparcs,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have a memorable stay for all the right reasons. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like we were able to meet your expectations, or our own, and for that I am truly sorry.

I've reviewed your challenges with our department heads to ensure they are addressed with the appropriate management and staff. Also, in addition to our regular room inspection team, we have a team of managers and engineers entering and inspecting each individual room, to ensure each one is consistent with our product and high standards.

I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to host your stay during your next visit to the area, so we can show you that your stay was in fact an anomaly and not the norm.

Guest Services
Teaneck, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I cautiously booked a 2 night stay at Hotel ML for May 18th and 19th after having read some of the poor reviews. Unfortunately, I should have listened to the reviews.

The room was comfortable and clean, though furniture Looked old and used. The walls are very thin, and some room nearby was extremely loud very late at night. TV station selection is poor and analog, not digital.

My biggest complaint is that the workout room has 3 treadmills, none of which work properly. When I finally got one to work, it stopped very suddenly in the middle of a moderate run jerking my body. I finally got the other treadmill to work and it did the same thing. This is a major safety issue as someone could get seriously hurt. The lights, I believe, are motn activated but running on a treadmill is not enough motion, so they turned off mid run, leaving me in the dark. Not safe.

When I told the front desk, they were very apologetic, especially the woman (I think her name was Carolyn or something with a C). However, the hotel manager, Marie or Maria, didnt seem too interested in safety issues in her hotel or customer satisfaction and waived me off. Poor business, especially since I wasn't even asking for a refund or anything.....I just wanted to check out a nit early.

I will never stay here again.....and I would have given it another chance because the front desk staff was nice had Marie/a not been so poor at customer service.

I am going back to Aloft or Westin.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
MamaOfTheSeas,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We aim to provide a clean, comfortable and safe stay that is complemented by exceptional guest service. While it appears that you found the accommodations satisfy, it seems as though encountered a couple challenges.

I have touched base with our Chief Engineer and the glitches with the treadmills have been address since your stay. The challenge with the lights has also been address. I thank you very much for bringing these items to our attention during your stay.

While I'm happy to hear you found our front desk associate warm and helpful I would like to apologize for that lack of customer service you felt you received from one of our managers. I would like to assure you that your concern provided to the front desk was immediately investigated and addressed.

I hope that you will change your mind when choosing a hotel for your next visit to South Jersey; to provide us with an opportunity to make things right. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time to accommodate.

Guest Relations

Been to The Hotel ML? Share your experiences!