“Beautiful rooms, amazing place, just a small issue with pool/grounds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mount Laurel

Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 27 hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morristown, NJ
“Beautiful rooms, amazing place, just a small issue with pool/grounds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked this on hotels.com for a relaxing overnight on the way home from some beach time in Wildwood, NJ. The place is amazing, I had a two-room king suite that was nicer than the Radission Blu in St Martin, and that's saying something. People were wonderful, restaurant looked great, but I didn't eat there. My only complaint is that the pool could have been cleaner (Sunday am swim). The first thing I saw was a gross (to me) band-aid in there (along with other stuff on the bottom), and not a lot, but some bugs on the surface. I love to swim, but am picky about clean water. On a 1-10 scale, it was only about a 7.5 on clean water. The pool is huge (3-4 times the size of most hotel pools), but it needed a vacuuming and skimming. Also, the door-ways and area outside my room were littered with cigarette butts. I just don't want a Hilton property to look like a Super8 by the doorways, I'm sorry. There are disposal areas for butts, but today's smokers are mostly lazy slobs it seems. I don't think there is free internet access here, but I may be mistaken as it wasn't important to me on this trip.

Again, the rooms and hallways are immaculate, the bed was super comfy, and I'd rate my stay a 9, but I'd probably not stay there again based on these pool and entranceway issues. It's a great location if you're heading to Phili (just off rt 295, about 10 miles from Phili I guess), with tons of stuff around the hotel. I hope that management takes a little more effort to clean these areas on the spacious grounds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mount Laurel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your very nice review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that you selected our property to stay at while you were in Mt. Laurel, NJ. However, I am very sorry your experience at our pool wasn't up to the usual high standards that we are known for. I will be sure to bring your comments to the appropriate people to make sure that these issues are addressed. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future to make your stay the best it can be. We sure would like to see you back again. Thanks you!

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
unknown20
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great hotel. The rooms have been redone and include refrigerators and microwaves. The cookies at check in are awesome. Food in the restaurant is very good. Breakfast staff is very good. The chef even has your omelet waiting if you come in about the same time each day. The waitresses are very helpful. The grounds are well maintained. I even saw a deer on a run one night in the adjacent office complex. The fitness center is nice by hotel standards. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OFFICE PARKS IN THE AREA TO RUN THROUGH.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for going on Tripadvisor and giving us a great review. We greatly appreciate it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed all the amenities that our property has to offer. We hope to see you back real soon. We will have a nice warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you! Thank you!

Ringwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here with my husband after catching a concert in Philly. I bid for a room, and DoubleTree Suites accepted my bid - I was very happy about that because my first and only experience at DoubleTree in Richmond, VA was a good one. It was great to have a suite, even just for one night. I thought the living room area showed minor signs of wear and tear, but the bathroom and bedroom areas were in great condition - very clean! We definitely enjoyed our short stay and now that we've had two positive DoubleTree experiences, we will definitely keep the brand in mind for the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Valued Guest,

Thank you for going on Tripadvisor and giving us a great review. We greatly appreciate it. I am happy to hear that you ended up staying with us. We are happy to hear that this is your second experience with DoubleTree Hotels. We welcome you to the Hilton family. We are currently going through some renovations so each time you come back you will see some great changes. We sure hope to see you back real soon. Thank you!

Manassas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I would like to take a minute to recognize the outstanding Customer support provided to me by Joe and Melissa over the past weekend. Joe and Melissa assisted my daughter's 8 year old baseball team in many ways beginning with switching numerous rooms so that the entire team was together on the same floor and hallway. We were given extra towels and other items when requested. Joe and Melissa were very professional and had a lot of patience as different issues or needs occured and solved each issue one-by-one. All of the team families had a great experience at your hotel. He then followed-up with me to make sure that everything was fine and if we needed anything else. I can not say enough good things about Joe, Melissa and the rest of your staff. They are major assets to Hilton/Double Tree as well as exemplary employees.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Edward,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your very kind review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that you selected our property to stay at while you were in Mt. Laurel, NJ and that you had a great stay. Joe and Melissa are truly an asset to our Front Desk staff. All of our staff is always happy to help in any way they can. We sure hope you come back and stay with us again real soon. Thank you!

Elizabeth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Enjoyed the pool in the morning and close to the night. I wish the pool was open until about 12 am ONLY for adults since there were way too many kids diving in the pool and jacuzzi. LOVED my stay though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Hello Milagros,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your very nice review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that you selected our property to stay at. I certainly understand your wish but unfortunately we are not able to do that. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay anyway. We sure hope you come back and stay with us again sometime real soon. Thank you!

Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Because of an initial error on my part in booking my reservation, I ended up in a Comfort Pure room and could really tell the difference. I will be using Comfort Pure for my travels, because I really got a restful night's sleep. I was thoroughly relaxed and ready to go the next morning. Thanks, Doubletree.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi William,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate it when our guests take the time to do this. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our PURE rooms. We get great feedback from the guests that stay in them. More importantly we are happy that you enjoyed it. We hope you come back and stay in one again soon. Thank you!!

Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayedd in a Comfort Pure room on July 15, and had a wonderful restful night. The room was recommended by the Front Desk Associate, and I was very glad that she did. This was my first stay in a Comfort Pure room, but it wwon't be my last. I already use Doubletree whenver I get to Mt. Laurel, but now I know to ask for the Comfort Pure room from now on.

Valued Guest,

Thank you for going on Tripadvisor and giving us a great review. We greatly appreciate it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our PURE rooms. The guests that stay in them truly enjoy them. They are especially great for people that have any type of respiratory problems. Again, we are so happy that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you back real soon. Thank you!

Pennie O.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mount Laurel? Share your experiences!