“Get away for GF - She Enjoyed, I'm still waiting for a phone call.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Mount Laurel

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
New York City, New York
“Get away for GF - She Enjoyed, I'm still waiting for a phone call.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Booked a room for the girlfriend to get away from everything, while staying near home for a few days before we did some heavy traveling. I booked through SPG app with points 7000/night, which is a great deal since the lowest available for those dates was in the mid 200's. I called the SPG platinum concierge to schedule a spa day for her or even see if it was available, she said they couldn't book over their system and I would have to be contacted by the local concierge. I asked to be phoned ASAP, but they never called. So i booked her an appointment at a local spa. Which is unfortunate, because I wanted her to not have to even drive anywhere- but she still enjoyed her stay.

She said the staff was very attentive to her during the entire stay. Kudos to the bartenders.

It's across from a good bar if your looking for a good time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Ryan C,
Thank you for letting us know about your girlfriends recent visit to our hotel.
I was very pleased to see that she enjoyed her stay and that the staff was very freindly towards her.
I do apologize for us not doing a better job with respect to the spa services. We do have a relationship with an outside spa company which will come to the hotel to provide various spa services to guests in their rooms. I will review this feature with our staff so that can handle it better next time.
Once again, thank you for your comments. We certainly appreciate it.
Martin Faye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed w/ family in several rooms at the Westin in August in its top club floor. Previously, I've stayed at this Westin annually for the last 4 years. Over the years the hotel has gotten a bit run down. Common areas are still in decent shape. But the rooms are showing wear-and-tear. This was particularly bad in the bathroom which had running toilets and leaks in its shower stall. Disappointing for a hotel that I've seen in better days. But not a deal breaker. And the Westin's beds were still quite comfortable.

What I was shocked by was the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of its restaurant. We received vouchers for complimentary buffet breakfast. The breakfast was pretty standard -- nothing too fancy and overall would have been perfectly acceptable. However, they had placed decorative vases / bowls filled with fruits and vegetables around the buffet stations. The fruits and vegetables in those vases / bowls were brimming with fungus / mold. In one, lemons were literally green-gray in color given the growths on them. And all these spores were exposed to the food actually being served at the buffet stations.

Trying to be helpful, I pointed out the focus / mold on several of the decorative vases to the dining staff employee in charge of the breakfast. What shocked me was that he quickly tried to change the topic and divert my attention. Only after me and another guest told him this was utterly unhygienic did he remove the mold vases. However, he did not agree to remove and replace the contaminated / exposed buffet station food. We felt disgusted and left.

The level of mold / fungus we saw does not happen over night so clearly those conditions have persisted for a while. That coupled w/ the kitchen and restaurants staff's avoidance of the problem leads me to really question what the sanitary conditions of the hotel restaurant are.

With many other hotel options in the area, stay elsewhere. Avoid the Westin. It is disgusting

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ramo C,
I sincerely appreciate your bringing this to our attention. I can offer no valid excuse as to why our staff did not notice this problem in our restaurant.
This is truly embarrassing as I can assure you that we make an effort everyday to insure that the hotel is clean and presentable. As they say "sometimes you don't see the forest through the trees".
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. You will not encounter a problem similar to this again.
Thank you.
General Manager.
Morris Plains, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is in very nice condition and the rooms are clean. They seem to miss small things like not having amenities consistently in the rooms. I am a SPG Platinum member so I am usually on the SPG floor. The lounge is not open on the weekends and sometimes they forget to put water in the room. However as soon as I ask for something, it is taken care of quickly and always with a smile.
I stay here frequently and will continue to stay here whenever I am in the area.

Room Tip: If the sound of traffic bothers you ask to be facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Suzpe,
Thank you so much for your favorable comments about our hotel. I was please to see that you have visited us on more than one occasion and feel the rooms and facility are at a high level.
Although we do not provide full service in our lounge on the weekend we do keep it open and provide dry snacks and beverages in the room.
Once again thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good points - comfortable bed.
Bad points - very large crack in living room mirror; can feel nails poking through carpet outside bathroom door; toilet paper holder falling out of wall; hole in ceiling over bathtub; empty cans left in mini-bar; tissue shoved into tissue box appeared used; cabinet door with glasses/ice bucket stuck closed; trash under bed; dirt dishes at breakfast buffet; dirty glasses on dining tables.
I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and have to say this is the first time I was so disappointed that I felt obligated to write a review about it. I spoke with the manager the first morning about all the issues and went off to all day meetings. Upon my return they repaired the hole in the bathroom ceiling, but nothing else - not even removing the trash from the mini-bar. I checked out early the next morning - I will not stay here again and will warn my co-workers of the issues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a great Westin Hotel with a clean and comfortable hotel and the typical hip-modern Westin style. Beds were very comfortable and hotel room was quiet. Ken checked us in and gave us a room at the end of the hall away from elevators and hallway trafic which was appreciated. We ate breakfast at the Bellagio restaurant. this was a buffet that was very good and include smolked salmon. The price point was correct at $15.95. Service was attentive and professional. Wonderful service especially from P*****deep (sorry, I did not catch the full spelling). He seems to have formal dining training. Ate dinner there and the fish was unfortunately not fresh and VERY "off" (the tuna). Stick with meat and vegetables as I do not think they serve enough dinners to keep the fish moving. Lisa, a manager, was very helpful when we complained regarding the meal and she settled the bill for us. Also, one day our room did not get a visit from housekeeping and Lisa was also very helpful and gave us vouchers for breakfast for one of our days. thanks again Lisa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear bigsky3,
Thank you for submitting your review about our hotel in Mount Laurel. I was very pleased to see that for the most part you were very pleased with your visit.
I was surprised to read about your displeasure with the fish you were served as I can assure you that the fish is delivered daily to the hotel. I was glad to see that our staff did react to your unhappiness with the dinner.
I do hope that you come visit us again soon.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed with my kids during a visit to Sesame Place. The location was at 30 minutes from Sesame Place but it was clean and close to dining. The room that I had was quiet and worked properly. The air condition was good and the beds and bath were clean. The coffee maker offered Starbucks coffee. It was weak though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Deegedeego,
Thank you so much for your positive comments about our hotel. We were very pleased to learn that you were happy with your room and the hotel in general. I will make sure to pass your comments on to the staff. Please come visit us again soon.
Miami, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked a last minute trip that required us to stay in the Cherry Hill area. Made life easier versus staying in Philadelphia. For the price it's a good value. We had connecting rooms as we had our daughter with us. Hotel provided both a microwave and a crib which made life easier but did not have more baby care materials. (Not abnormal). The positives are, easy to get in and out, self parking relatively close, in house restaurant which was ok not great, beds are comfortable wi good sitting area and nice tv's. bathrooms are a bit small. Also bizarrely housekeeping was knocking on or door at 830am which struck me as a bit early. Also in between both rooms the carpet was ripped up exposing wood, nails which. Is obviously super dangerous. Ultimately if you need a convenient place to stay this gets the job done. If you want luxury etc. you will have to spend more and stay closer to Philly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Adam S.,
Thank you for your comments concerning our hotel. I am glad that you were generally pleased with our facility and we were able to provide the crib for your child. We too believe our hotel is a good value for the price.
We do hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future.
Martin Faye

Been to The Westin Mount Laurel? Share your experiences!