“Very Please” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ewing, New Jersey
“Very Please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

First let me say that I got this room on priceline and was not treated any differently by the staff which I commend the hotel for. When we were given our room its turns out someone else had already been given it and boy was that embarassing. After going back down to the front desk, we were immediately upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. The room was very clean and smelled nice and had all the comforts of home. Be aware though because the ice maker doesnt start working for a few hours after being turned on so if you need ice right away ask the front desk. They were eager to help me with ice as well as salad dressing (which i forgot when I picked up food) and it was all complimentary. Also be aware that they do charge your credit card 20.00 for incidentals which they dont tell you up front but I'm hoping they take it off right away. The night beforee I had stayed in a higher class hotel and I liked the Residence Inn much better!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Newest Marriott property in the area. Its clean, comfortable, in a nice location near plenty of shopping, dining, etc... Indoor pool/hottub is nice. There is a small gym with 2 treadmills, a exercise bike, light free weights, and cable TV. Full Breakfast was great every morning, and included in the price of the room, and the in-room kitchenettes were great!

I'll definitely stay at this properly again when traveling on business.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

We were a family of 2 adults and 2 kids (1 age 4, 1 age 11 months). The check in clerk was great, the room was ok. You get 2 rooms - the bedroom is amazingly small - absolutely no room in there. The microwave did not work in our room and there was no dishwasher liquid to clean the dishes with. The worst part was the HVAC setup. The thermostat was in the living room which was quite warm causing the vent in the bedroom to blow freezing cold air all night. When you turned it off, the room was way too hot - it is a very stupid setup. None of our group was able to sleep here. It was very disappointing.

The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

What more can I say? This is a very clean, comfortable hotel to stay in, especially for the business traveller that is looking for all the comforts of home. Each room is nicely appointed and includes a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances. Some suites have seperate bedrooms, which are kind of small while others are sort of an "efficiency" style layout and feel a little less crowded. Breakfast is good and typical for the Marriott hotel chain. The hotel is conveniently located right off of 295 and a few short miles from the NJ Turnpike. There are several shopping centers just a few short miles from the hotel with plenty of restaurants to select from. I would definately recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Springfield, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

The hotel appears to be new and immaculately maintained. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was very good, although there was a large family group staying in the hotel that had gone through it like a plague of locusts right before we got there and it took the staff some time to replenish it. My only complaint about our suite (room 205) was that the bedroom was very small -- to the point where you'd have to turn sideways to pass between the bed and the dresser. We also had to shut the door from the living room to the bedroom at night or risk smacking into it going to the bathroom. Because the thermostat for the unit was in the living room, that made the bedroom warm and stuff after a few hours. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in giving directions (we were in town for a funeral and needed directions to the funeral home, cemetery, and a restaurant where the family was gathering for dinner). Overall, it's a great place to stay, but you need to be tiny to maneuver around the bed in that bedroom.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I stayed in a one bedroom suite. The entire place is very clean and inviting. They have a nice pool and hot tub. Hot buffet breakfast in the a.m. Small but very clean gym. Basketball/tenniscourts were great. Staff is very friendly. The bed was very comfortable. I used AAA to book . Very reasonable. Nice weekend getaway. Someone also had a birthday party for about 20 seven year olds. Very convenient and easy to host if you are interested. The kids had an hour in the pool at night and an hour first thing in the morning. Great time.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
salisbury, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

One week prior to my arrival, I had made a reservation at the Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate and guaranteed it with a Credit Card . On the day of my arrival, while enroute to the hotel in my car, I was called by the desk clerk and informed that they had a group of guests that were staying over longer and that my room would no longer be available. I asked to speak with the manager (Damien Caprescco) and was put on hold for approximately 5 minutes. When I finally spoke with the manager I was informed that there was nothing he could do because the guests staying over were "Platinum" Marriott Club members and I was a regular Marriott Club member. Unfortunately I would have to find lodging elsewhere. He offered to look for another room for me since I was in my car driving up there at the time. I never heard back from the hotel about them finding me another room and I ended up making another reservation. Unfortuantely this made me late for my scheduled business meeting. No compensation was offered . Needless to say I've stopped doing business with Marriott.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate? Share your experiences!