“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I wish I had longer to stay and that my reason for staying was different. Having said that, I realized that it did make a difference (my situation), to have stayed in an immaculate, spacious, comfortable, and well laid out room. Who wants to have their issues compounded by staying in a dirty, uncomfortable, and depressing room, with rude staff. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered my suite. Somehow it exceeded what I expected. The bed was gorgeous and inviting, and did not disappoint in comfort. There was a fireplace(although not needed), spacious living room, and nice vanity area. The windows were tastefully dressed and gave plenty of natural light to the suite. The only thing that I would change is the angle of the flat screen tv in the living area over the fp. The television was slightly off angle if viewing while in bed.

Every staff member that I encountered was friendly and pleasant. The check-in person was welcoming and very fast. I was checked in so quickly and it took no time for her to look up my gov rate. She was very helpful by telling me to park in the back so that I could come in the door close to the elevators. The next morning, a housekeeping lady knocked on the door and quickly apoligized when I told her I would be in the room a little longer. Breakfast was the norm, but for some reason I didn't see the plates. A reception area staff member came from behind the desk to show me. She could have described where they were, but she personally came over. Later (40 minutes after check out time), another housekeeper came. She said, "no problem" when I told her I needed a little more time. She told me to call the front desk and let them know so that I wouldn't get a late fee. Whether this would have happened or not, it was nice of her to care. I called for extra time, and told "No problem". Check out was as pleasant as check in. I didn't use the pool or any other ammenity. I really can't forsee having a reason to stay in Mt. Laurel again, but if I ever do, I will definately go back to this property, and perhaps stay longer and check out the pool.

To the staff: You never know how your smile and kindness affects or helps a person. Thanks :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
We are glad that we could exceed your expectations from our service to the cleanliness of the room. If you do find yourself in the Mt. Laurel area again we would love for you to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

I must start off by saying the service is average because we really didn't ask for anything during our stay.

The room was spacious, a 2 bedroom, clean, and fully stocked with necessities. The pool was rather small for size of property and with only a few people in it-fills quickly.
The breakfast had plenty of usual residence inn staples and left us full for the morning.
The location is excellent and very handy. I would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels to the Mount Laurel area. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities that we offer and hope to see you on your next trip.
Staten island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The residence inn is at a great location with food and shopping nearby. The place itself is very clean and the staff was friendly. The room was great and they were able to provide two pack and plays for our kids. Breakfast and dinner was very good and the dining area was always kept clean. We were able to use the pool which the kids enjoyed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
We are very happy that you were able to experience all our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Sincerely
Ben Laster
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Recently, my wife and our infant daughter and myself has the pleasure of staying at the Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate. The hotel was clean, well appointed, and safe. I had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager, Benjamin Laster. Everyone on Mr.Laster's staff was pleasant and helpful and provided us with outstanding service. What could have been a stressful experience was made into a very pleasant stay. Thank You.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin L, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that we could take an otherwise stressful experience and make it very pleasant. Your have a beautiful baby daughter. Enjoy your new family.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This was our 1st experience staying at a Residence Inn, but it definitely won't be our last, as the hotel not only met, but exceeded all expectations.

The entire hotel complex, both inside and out, is very clean and well kept. The staff is genuinely friendly, courteous and helpful in every possible respect.

The suite layout is ideal for family travel. There are two bedrooms, each with a bathroom, separated by a common living room/kitchen area. The suite contains 3 TV's (1 in each bedroom and 1 in the common area); common area also contained a fire place. The bedrooms are ample space; the vanity area contains drawers for toiletries, etc., and the bathroom itself has both an exhaust fan and a warming fan (great for chilly evenings getting out of the shower).
The beds are comfortable and when reserving on-line we were given a choice of pillow types and an option for extra towels. Although we heard some noise while walking in the halls at times, we never heard a thing once we were in our room.

The kitchen area contained a full size fridge and stove, microwave, dishwasher and plenty of dishes, eating and cooking utensils as well as a table and chairs for 4.

Breakfast was good, plenty of options and always kept well stocked/replenished and fresh. Additional seating was available in an adjacent room on busier mornings. The hotel also hosts "social nights" - they served dinner to the entire hotel 3x during our week stay. Food was, again, good, fresh and well stocked. This was beyond anything we ever expected!!!

The location is convenient to several shopping areas as well as almost across the street from a GREAT grocery store called Wegman's - wish we had these in Chicago!!!! New Jersey jug handle left turns had us a bit frustrated initially, but we eventually got the hang of it. Certainly not something to hold against the hotel.

Although we were in the area to assist in a local Philadelphia move and were originally booked in a hotel near the Philly airport, I am so glad we changed to the Residence Inn at Mt. Laurel. It was so worth the distance from downtown Philly and the toll bridge to have found the hotel and experienced such a wonder stay.

Thank you Mt. Laurel Residence Inn - we will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
I am glad that we met and exceeded all your expectations. Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing the next time you come to visit Philadelphia.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I tend to stay at Residence Inns when I can because I like the kitchen and living room feel vs. bed only. This particular Residence Inn met my requirements and more. It's one big building, not a cluster of smaller buildings; and I requested and received top (3rd) floor.

Because the bedroom area is behind the bathroom and therefore insulated from noise, I felt as though I was the only occupant. The light-blocking curtains did their job and my room was dark and quiet when I needed it to be.

I didn't take advantage of the food served at b'fast and after work because I'm vegan; I only swiped a piece of fruit in the mornings. The food area was always busy and bustling, but never seemed dirty or crowded. It does not serve beer or wine in the evenings, only soft drinks (local law, I presume).

Location is among great variety for shopping, restaurants (pub style places - Prospector grill, PH Whelihans, Ruby Tuesday), and an incredible grocery store (Wegmans) almost across the street. Driving in NJ with their 'jug handle' roads (no lefts allowed so you take a right and drive 3/4 around a circle to come out in cross street, where you then take a left at a light) had me going the wrong way at first; and a sign earlier on the street would be helpful as there is no entrance to the hotel at the stop light (although this could be due to construction in the parking lot).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Mt. Laurel, NJ.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed one night at the Marriot Residence Inn in Mt. Laurel while in the area for a First Holy Communion. What a nice place! The hotel opened in 2007 and still has that brand new feeling. The rooms are all suites and it was quite large, with a full kitchen, big sitting area and nice bedroom. The whole place, our room and the public areas, was ultra-clean. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the full breakfast was well done. After staying across the river numerous times in the many 3 star places near the Phila Airport, I will never go back and will always come back to this hotel. Almost forgot to mention, it has a small but adequate gym, two treadmills and an elliptical, high quaity gear plus a multi-purpose weight machine and free weights. Didn't use the pool as it does not open till 9 a.m.; wish it had opened earlier but ths was no big deal.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101; nice as it is on first floor and it is the first suite when you enter the bui...