“No longer up to Hilton standards for a Homewood Suite” 3 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wesley Chapel, United States
“No longer up to Hilton standards for a Homewood Suite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed in a number of Homewood Suites over the years and have usually found them to be excellent. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have always enjoyed my stay but this one has declined significantly in service and quality since my last stay in 4/2013. Was here for two separate weeks on business. Both times when I checked in I was not greeted as a Hilton Honors member. The room (odd #) I had requested was the same one I stayed in in 4/2013. It was not available so I was put in a room across the hallway. The room (even #) faced the interstate about a 1,000 feet from the Hotel. After a long day of travel I just decided to keep the room. Big mistake. The noise from the interstate kept me up every night. Went down the next morning and was told the hotel was sold out and no other rooms available at the moment but would be at noon. Since I was working I could not get back to move. Offered to move for me but I declined. Second week I had a room (odd#) facing the back of the hotel. It was like I was in a different hotel it was so much more quieter. The rooms were just average with little annoying things like a deadbolt that did not work, a burned out bulb, missing pieces of tile, stains on the desk chair, stains on the sheer drapes, etc, etc. All simple things to rectify that no one seems interested in attending to. The common areas were not clean. Both weeks it looked like the hallway was never vacuumed. If it was it was done poorly. There was a big clear plastic bag of garbage in the hallway every morning. I guess house keeping puts it there for someone to take out to the dumpster. The chairs in the dinning room were dirty and the tables were not cleaned very well. One of the things I like about Homewood Suites is the evening meal and drinks. I am not expecting a five star meal every night but breakfast was just OK (other than coffee not being ready early each morning on a consistent basis) but dinner was marginal. In the past they used to cook out on the grill and have some interesting things for dinner. Not anymore. Meals were served with a mix of plastic plates and utensils and silverware and plates. I was told when checking out that the dishwasher was broken. It was this way each week I was there. I expect plastic at the low end hotels but not at a Hilton. In addition to these issues the staff running the dinning area gave me the impression that I was there at their convenience and not the other way around. Never once saw a manger making the rounds with the quests in the evening to make sure everything was OK. I may be back in June on another business trip. Hopefully I will see some improvement.

Room Tip: Avoid the even numbered rooms as they face the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rotterdam, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is our home from now on when we travel to Philadelphia. Their great customer service from the front desk, to the janitors, to the breakfast buffet workers, to the manager were fantastic, made us feel at home, did everything for us, and worked above and beyond the call of duty. We rented the King Studio Suite through Hotels.com for $150 per night and it was worth every penny. Our room, conveniently located right off the back entrance was quiet. Our room had a large fridge, a kitchen table, countertops, stove, 2 phones, a living room couch which folded out into a full size bed, a chair with an ataman. We had a separate bedroom with a King bed with a ceiling fan, TV's in both rooms, and a spacious bathroom. Perfect for the whole family, me my wife and our 3 kids. The location was perfect, away from the busy roads but close enough to civilization to where we could get anything we needed at any time. We were only 20 minutes away from Philadelphia and 20 minutes from the Adventure Aquarium where you need to bring your kids. Adults were $25 each, Kids were $20 each. Eat before you go. Speaking of which, the hot/cold breakfast was stellar. Filled us up both mornings. The pool, exercise room, business center, meeting room, patio with grill, and basketball court were amazing. Just being able to go swimming from 6am to 11pm for the kids and from 11pm to midnight for the adults is truly unprecedented. The hot tub is big but it lacked the temperature that most desire. I was good as long as it was warmer than the pool. :) Truly a blessed time here, I implore you to look no further for your getaway: Homewood Suites, Mount Laurel, NJ.

Room Tip: Go with what works best for your situation. If you have kids, young ones at that, the Suites are the...
Harrisburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Homewood suites is the perfect home away from home. Kitchen, living room, bedroom, gym, pool....everything you need to feel at home when traveling for business. If there is a Homewood near my travel destination--I choose it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Providence, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here because of the affordability and amenities in the suites. It was so great to have a kitchenette to make lunches, snacks and other things for our 3 young children. The breakfast and dinner was not great but the availability of restaurants and grocery stores made it easy to please everyone!!

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked here for 3 nights, 4 days to visit Philadelphia with our 3 kids. The suites have refrigerators, stoves and dishwashers. They provide full continental breakfast daily and complimentary supper mon-thursdays.
While we were slightly disappointed with the pool situation: First day frigid due to servicing and the temp never recovered. However the kids were able to 'swim' in the hot tub and they enjoyed it greatly.
The staff was a plus...KRISTIN who goes by "TT" was the BEST!!!!! The breakfast staff was warm and inviting... (desk personell could have been warmer but...)
The location in the East Gate Mall is another plus. The price is right!!! I would strongly recommend this place for families.

Room Tip: great space for kids
Baltimore, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Homewood Suites is worth the money, but those who travel with their pets will find the surcharge of $100.00 to be a big bitter pill to swallow. The free breakfast is a big bonus. If you are traveling sans pet(s) it saves you money!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a week at the end of March. Tried to check in early, but there were no rooms available. The staff was very accommodating though, letting us use the indoor pool while we were waiting. Once we arrived in our room, we were pleasantly surprised. Pretty spacious living area and it was very clean. Housekeeping came every day. Breakfast was good, but you need to get down early as a lot of the food was gone by 8 am or so and not much of it was restocked even though they don't shut down until 9. Almost every night we used the indoor pool. The water was pretty warm, and we had it to ourselves almost the whole trip. Towards the end of our stay though (the weekend), the pool got pretty crowded with kids. I think there were several teams staying at the hotel. My 6 year old daughter was no match for the older kids and had to resort to using the hot tub while they were there. Overall though, I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2015

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia/Mt. Laurel? Share your experiences!