“Great for long stays” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great for long stays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are a decent size but the beds are not very comfortable. Our room was nice except for the electrical outlet in the vanity area. It was broken and exposed. The biggest issue we had, was the room was too close to the elevator. People were gathering and talking quite loudly while waiting there. It was difficult to sleep without earplugs. Overall I think we would return but request a room farther from the elevator.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Staff was friendly and hotel was very clean. Comfortable room with everything I needed, and a very convenient location. But, once again, I find that the little things make a big difference. First, the walls are very thin, making it a bit tough to concentrate on work. Second, the tub drains very, very slowly, meaning I am ankle deep in my shower water by the end of the shower. And, last but not least, there was no shower head in the shower - just a bare pipe. Really? I did not even realize this until I was IN the shower, so I did not call to get it remedied - I just had an interesting hair-washing experience. Given the level of service I observed, I am confident the situation would be remedied, but it would have added a chunk of time to my busy night. Despite the plumbing issues, I would stay here again - good value overall.

Room Tip: Room 108 has no shower head. Just sayin'....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Majorgal,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel and leaving us your feedback. We are pleased you found our staff friendly and our hotel clean. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

While we are pleased with your nice comments, we would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked the hotel for a stay over the Labor Day weekend to visit the Adventure Aquarium and do some sightseeing with the family. The check-in process was easy enough, the staff was great and the place clean. Being that my 2 year old's bedtime is around 8pm, I wanted to book a hotel room with a separate bedroom, so my wife and I could unwind in the living room to watch some TV or eat dinner without fear of waking her up. The King one bedroom suites at the Staybridge were spacious and clean and exactly want we needed. The rooms also come with a full fridge, stove and kitchen. Perfect if you plan on doing some home cooking on the road. The crib we requested at the time of booking was in the room when we arrived.

A bonus is that the hotel offers a free breakfast buffet that is more than enough. Assortment of bagels, muffins, cereals, fruits, yogurt and the other usuals like eggs, ham, coffee and juice. The seating area seems large enough, but can get filled up pretty quickly. They do have high chairs available. They even had a waffle maker! Not a gourmet breakfast, but not a bad way to start the day.

The hotel is about a 20-30 minute drive to Philly. It might sound far, but for the cost savings of a one br suite, it was well worth it. Given the prices of the hotels closer to Philly, I was more than willing to drive a bit. I plan on looking to stay at other Staybridge Suites locations in the future.

One tip for light sleepers: I was able to hear footsteps from the room above me on occasion. Nothing to the point where it was a bother, but every so often I'd hear some footsteps...maybe they had a kid upstairs running around? But for a lighter sleeper, it might bother them. I'd suggest asking for a top floor, which would be the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: I was able to hear footsteps from the room above me. For a lighter sleeper, it might bother them. I...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My family of 6 ( two adults and four children) are staying here currently in a 2bdr suite. We are spending the weekend celebrating my 11 year old's birthday at Sahara Sams.

At approximately 7:30am I requested additional wash cloths and towels. The room came furnished with only 6 washcloths. At approximately 8am I called back to ask when the items would be delivered. I was told that house keeping would not be in until 8:30am. We left for breakfast at 8:30. I stopped at the front desk on the way out to ask if our room could be cleaned. I was asked if I am familiar with the "light touch service". Since my husband took care of check in I explained that I didn't know anything about it. The associate explained that if we wanted housekeeping service we would have had to ask at check-in. I was told that we would be added to the list.

We returned to Staybridge at 6pm. To my surprise our room had not been touched. When I called the front desk I was told by the woman who answered that she is unsure why our room wasn't cleaned because we were on the list. By then, we had not even received our towels and wash cloths. There was NO manager on duty who could explain why all this was happening.

I hope tomorrow brings better service because I am considering checking out tonight and getting back on the road...

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear QT_Katana,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kittery, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had requested a room with two beds, the desk clerk argued we me regarding our issue. I had to say at least three times, I would NEVER rent a hotel room with just 1 double bed. Finally she agreed to change our room and we actually ended up with a two bedroom suite!!! The breakfast food was the typical breakfast buffet you get at every hotel. However on certain nights during the week they also had pizza and salad in the breakfast room. Not sure if it was free but it didn't look bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BENGALURU INDIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for 18 nights from 2-20 June 2013. I liked the place immensely. The rooms are very comfortable and big with an attached kitchen. The place has a homely atmosphere with a personal touch and without a commercial ambiance, maybe because it does not have too many rooms. They arrange a complimentary dinner as a social evening Tue-Thurs which is a very good idea. (The hotel went out of their way to arrange special vegetarian dinners for me.) It compensates partially for the fact that they dont have a restaurant. But there are nearby places to eat and a McDonalds right next door. They have a pool, gym and free self-service laundry all of which are very clean. I wouldn't like to comment on the location since I am not from the US and I dont drive, but for me the location was great as the hotel provided me a complimentary shuttle daily to my workplace. They also provided me the shuttle to commute to and from the nearby train station 6 miles away on weekends. The front desk also helped me to plan my weekend trips by train/bus. The service is prompt and the housekeeping is good. On the whole, I had a great time and I would willingly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I stayed in a two bedroom suite for five nights in July as part of a two week trip from the UK to New York, Philadelphia and Atlantic City. We greatly appreciated the high quality of this hotel. It was a good base to explore Philadelphia where we spent two days with a concet at the Mann Center and the Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park (50 minutes drive) where we also spent two days. Following a stay in a small Manhattan hotel room, the spacious suite consisting of a king bedroom, a queen bedroom, each with an adjacent full bathroom and a lounge and kitchen area was like paradise.

The staff were very efficient and helpful, the housekeeping was excellent, the breakfast was very good with healthy optons of fruit and grain cereals in addition to the usual breakfast items of omelettes and sausages. The hotel also has a lovely small heated indoor pool which we spend one afternoon relaxing in and it was great to have towels supplied.

A wonderful feature is the free laundry. This is a room beside the gym which has about four washers and four dryers, and to be able to use this without the usual process of collecting quarters was great. The machines also have electronic timing displays so that we were able to set a timer on our phones and arrive back just as the wash and dry cycles were finishing. Others must also do this as there was never anyone's washing sitting idle. An added convenience is the laundry basket supplied in the suite.

We loved staying here and would highly recommend it as a great value means of seeing Philadelphia and visiting Six Flags.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel? Share your experiences!