“It was a great time!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bronx, New York
“It was a great time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went with my family for a vacation. We were celebrate my daughter's graduation! When we got to the hotel they place in the room a note for the graduate with a butterfingers and skitters. She was so happy!! The staff made us feel like we were at home, specially CJ It was Saturday morning and there was no breakfast and they have to call him as soon as he got there he ask for a few minutes and soonn!! we have breakfast he was so worry that he even ask people is the breakfast ok? If is not please tell me what would you like! He was the best. The housekeeping they were great also everything was very clean I really would like to go back!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here for almost 10 days before my wife went to Korea on military duty. The best thing that made our stay memorable was its staff- Patty, Daisy, Guest service manager. The two bedroom suites are huge. Housekeeping staff does an amazing job. We loved the indoor pool. Very clean and well stocked with pool towels. Hotel had grills also, but we didn't use them. They offer dinners thrice a week and free hot breakfast everyday with so many choices. Hotel is easily accessible from 295 and the turnpike. Cherry hill mall is a 10 minute drive. Lots of restaurants close by. There are many hotels in the area,but what separates this hotel is I believe it's staff. They are very personable and approachable. Every morning they would wave to my daughter, even though I could see that the lady would be busy on phone or helping a guest. Such small gestures made our stay truly enjoyable.

Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom suite at this hotel . The hotel was in a quiet area and the property was very clean. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Beds were very comfortable. We were baby sitting for our 6 month old grandchild while her parents were attending a wedding in mount Laurel. Even the small child was very comfortable..and she was very happy. We were very much at home ! The breakfast buffet was very good also. We recommend this place any day !! We would love to stay again.

Dover, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in room 222 using points on a Friday and Saturday night. Check-in was fast and easy (had a reservation), but staff was all business and not very personable.

Studio suite room was clean and there were no problems with any amenities. Would have been nice to have ice available, but no bucket or ice machine that we knew of.

Bed was only moderately comfortable. Pillows were very uncomfortable - too small and high. Neither my wife nor I slept well with them. Before our first night's sleep, another guest said that is sounded like someone was pacing heavily over their room. We also heard this. A very odd sound: like someone taking 5 heavy steps, stopping for 10 seconds, then doing it again. Over and over. We also had noise from some sort of water runoff on the other side of the wall every once in a while during the evening. So while the room was dark and climate-controlled well, the noise and pillows made sleeping a bit dark.

Staff was also non-involved when some teenagers were STANDING on tables in the breakfast area and laughing loudly. This was about 15 feet from the front desk and was impossible to ignore.

Breakfast selection was okay, but even though it was free, we opted to eat elsewhere (and pay) the next day. The sausage was overcooked and then cooled to room temperature in puddles of oil. I love sausage. This was inedible. Scrambled eggs were just okay. Waffles were just okay. Best option was the Dannon yogurt.

Staff during checkout was pleasant.

Where sleeping was difficult and breakfast was sub-par, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear NHAnimator,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that you were checked-in efficiently. On the other hand, we are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience specifically with the noise by other guests, over the pillows, and the staff during breakfast. I am also truly sorry to hear that the food served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. Please be assured that these concerns will be looked into and appropriate actions will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

First time we were here was in March of 2012. Room was spacious, clean, and comfy. Pool was closed, so we were disappointed. Came back in 2013, and received great service, breakfast was decent, and pool was fun. My husband and I slept in a bed, and so did two of my sons. My 5 year old slept on two sofa cushions (on the floor) covered in the spare bed sheets. We all woke up just fine, but my 5 year old woke up with a "rash." At first, I assumed he was allergic to pets since the hotel allows them in the room. But after Benedryl, numerous baths, etc., the rash was still there. Took him to the doc, and guess what?...they were bed bug bites. Had to put this horrible cream all over him to get rid of them. The hospitality was amazing, we had a great time, but the sofa bed bugs ruined our trip. :(

• Stayed March 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed here with my family for quite some time as I was working in a nearby location. This location is quite close to Philadelphia (about 20 minutes drive) and about an hour drive to Atlantic city. Rooms are quite spacious and well equipped. We had a nice fully equipped kitchen and was really good for even Indian cuisine. We had 2 bedrooms (both bath attached), a hall and a kitchen. The sofas in the hall were even convertible to add more sleeping space. Service was exceptional and they also have a shuttle on demand. Breakfast and evening social hours were plentiful. Pool is pretty neat for kids, I have a 4 year old and he loved it. Overall I would say a 5 out of 5 rating for a long stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel have more sunlight.
New Windsor, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

1st off - we chose this as this was pet-friendly so that we could bring our Akita pup to stay. For family of 4 & crate in the room, it was adequate. I had to sleep on the sofa (not comfortable) as my 2 kids & wife slept on the Queen bed. Our pup was fine, very curious checking out all the nooks & crannies of the room. It was clean & fresh (no prior dog odor!). We were on the 1st floor but it was quiet for us. Little kitchenette with fridge was useful to store our drinks/fruits/ice packs. Dish & silverware & cups provided along with coffee maker (not needed) & microwave. So quite convenient. Close to eateries (was able to walk the pup to local Chinese & MacDonald's). Breakfast buffet was very satisfying - much variety & hot & cold food including waffle maker, fresh machine squeezed juice, Earl Grey Tea for my wife & fresh fruits. All staff were courteous & breakfast staff very efficient - even during rush hour! (as it had snowed couldn't use the basketball court!) All in all a very comfortable stay - will be back again for next yr's tournament!

Room Tip: Don't take rooms close to exit - door was left open (someone who wants to grab a smoke or exit t...
Green Features: Can choose to keep your towels instead of daily replenishment, no smoking rooms important, grounds were well kept - didn't see any evidence of pet owner negligence.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel? Share your experiences!