“Looked Like A Murder Scene” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1132 Rt 73 & Church Road, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 (Formerly Mcintosh Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
“Looked Like A Murder Scene”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The door was kicked in with a broken lock, dry blood on the walls, clumps of hair in the bath tub, no towels, horrible cot, lube on the night stand, holes in the walls, burns all over the blankets, dirty linen, bad customer service, no remote
SLEEP IN YOUR CAR

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gloversville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I took this trip to attend the funeral of a close friend's spouse, after losing my job and being on a real shoestring financially. I waited until the last minute to book accommodations, hoping for a bargain and knowing that this time of year is usually slow in the lodging industry. This location was very close to where I needed to go in Cherry Hill, and convenient for getting back quickly to 30th Street Station in Philadelphia where I had rented my vehicle next to the Amtrak gate. [The adjacent Denny's referred to in other reviews now appears to be a Chinese restaurant.] The night clerk was very obliging when I called quite late in the evening, explaining how to book and prepay the property through Choice Hotels so as to be able to earn my reward points.

I do not have horrible tales of bedbugs and the like from my experience, but I will say that the room did leave a few things to be desired (see my cellphone photos). Several items were missing or broken, and the overall condition of the place did not inspire feelings of comfort, security, or confidence. A sticker on the mirror from McIntosh Inns remained despite the change to Rodeway having taken place some time ago. The room wasn't dirty, but I can't say that it was sparkling clean either.

The hotel's satellite TV setup wasn't programmed properly into this room's set (not user-configurable), so that I was unable to receive WPVI-6, Phily's local ABC channel, at all. The night clerk courteously walked me through the stated channel array on the phone and apologized for this issue; it certainly wasn't worth changing rooms over. I was able to get the heat working and the door secured, but again the equipment should have been in better shape. The supply of towels and consumables was barely adequate but I made do and had as good a night's sleep as I could manage.

The free breakfast I receive at most Choice properties is often the highlight of my stay, but here again the lobby provided minimal nourishment compared to what I am used to. If the hotel's ownership and management is serious and fully committed to turning over a new leaf, this operation could readily be made over into a desirable one to visit or work for. Despite the very convenient location, if I need to return to South Jersey again I will stay here again only if I have no alternative.

Room Tip: Ask to be shown the particular room, and check its condition before you begin your stay. Some secti...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Toilet overflowed from the top of the toilet and sprayed water all over the bathroom. One of the locks on our door wAs broken and when we got back to the room at 11:30 pm shady characters were all over the parking lot and one followed us into our room. Our phone rang at 5 a.m. And the person said they were calling from the front desk and asked for my full name and information. Room was dingy. We found a hair in the bed and a finger nail in the 2nd bed. If you want a good place to shoot an episode of CSI this is the right hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
West Kingston, RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

We checked into the "inn" on Christmas Eve at 9:00 pm and left the next morning to celebrate Christmas with family. When we left, we decided not to have the linens changed or room serviced. When we returned later that night I pulled back the bed covers and initially saw little blood spots on the bottom sheet. I then pulled back the covers more and actually saw a bed bug (although at the time we were not certain it was one. On further inspection we found another bed bug under the covers. It was extremely fortunate that we hadn't had the room serviced or we certainly would not have found the initial evidence. I immediately went to the front desk and informed them of the issue. The night staff seemed very unconcerned at first, but then offered to put us in a room down the hall. At this point, it was late, we were exhausted, and we decided to try the other room. Upon transferring our luggage, we immediately and thoroughly inspected the bed and bedding, and didn't see any visible signs of bugs, so decided to stay one more night and check out in the morning. The next day I went to the manager and described our experience and that we would be immediately checking out. He was very understanding and ultimately didn't charge us for either night. It is now a week later as I write this review, and both of us have itchy welts all over us (it can take up to 9 days for a bite reaction to occur). Needless to say, we are extremely paranoid that some of the bugs may have found their way home with us. My recommendation is: Don't Risk It! Avoid this hotel...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

stayed here for one night. room was filty, no towels, remotes. commotion in the middle of the night from the welfare people who live here. stay away from this place. the manager is also rude and has absolutely no customer service manners

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Queens, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stopped here for a short trip to Philadelphia so we were only sleeping in the hotel. The room was clean, towels were plentiful and beds were comfortable. We had a refrigerator and microwave, would have liked a coffee maker. There was free bagels, mini muffins and coffee but no milk, only cremora. Denny's was in the parking lot so a big breakfast could be had with little effort. The staff was friendly and helpful. We checked in very late and they were accommodating.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
long island, new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

Missing switchplates on walls, carpet not vacumned in days, dirty bath mat in tub,
draws not closing in dresser, lights missing. The only good thing was that the bed was comfortable. OHHHHH I forgot that the cover to the controls on the a/c=heater unit fell off.
This place is a joke. OHHHH I also forgot to mention that they could not print my bill in the a/m due to a glitch in the computer system. Go elsewhere!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!