“Avoid this place if possible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Mt. Laurel

You added HYATT house Mt. Laurel to your Saves list
HYATT house Mt. Laurel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Crawford Place, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054-3946 (Formerly Summerfield Suites Hotel Mt Laurel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
socal
“Avoid this place if possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

We arrived late and had reserved a king size bed in a quiet area of the hotel. Unfortunately, they put us in a handicap room with a full sized bed and additionally there was a strong floral odor which wouldn't go away. Also, you can hear the 2nd floor people walking around and their alarm go off at 5:25 a.m. The next day they switched us to a 3rd floor room which was better however the a/c went out and we ended up in another room to complete our 5 day stay.
All of the rooms had beat up furniture and needed fresh paint. The hotel had no extra pillows and the bath linens are very average. The kitchen areas were generally in decent condition.
The breakfast buffet was devoured by a large family reunion group which decended on the hotel like locusts. Also, there was no clean up of the tables during breakfast by staff.
The stairs have small pieces of trash which were never swept up by anyone during our stay.
There were serious problems with cleaning our room by housekeeping (crackers left on the carpet, no coffee, trash not picked up etc...) and when I mentioned some of the problems upon checkout, the clerk adjusted our bill by $10 each night. This property is supposed to undergo a serious makeover in the fall of 2007 and I would avoid it at least till then. I plan to write Hyatt about my poor experience and anyone staying in the area should certainly look at other hotels like Amerisuites, Marriott, Comfort Suites ect... in the same area before making this hotel your final choice.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — See the review
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

Stayed at the Summerfield Suites, Mt. Laurel during Christmas 12/25/06 – 12/27/06. Got a rate of $149/night which was higher than the other hotels on the road, but we needed a roomier suite & were willing to pay extra. Checkin was ok, however, I felt staff was lax because they didn’t check my ID. My mother had checked in earlier. When I arrived & told them who I was, the front desk woman told me her room # and said I could go on up. She should have checked my ID & called the room first. That was careless and unsafe IMO.

During our stay, the front desk itself was often vacant (perhaps due to the holidays), but I noticed staff members in the back offices. After a little prodding, they were helpful in finding a local bank for me. Strangely, there was NO literature in the room regarding the property, amenities or local points of interest. There were a few brochures in the lobby.

Our 2 bedroom suite, Room #23, was in the main bldg. 2nd floor. It was very spacious, décor was traditional, middle of the road (like a cheap Marriott) but extremely clean. The large living room had a 27” TV, DVD player, pull-out couch, reclining chair, sitting table, internet access. The kitchen was good sized, with full fridge, microwave, coffeemaker w/coffees & teas, dishes & silverware.

Suite A Bedroom – King bedroom with an open sink (I don’t care for rooms with sinks in full display, but it was ok). The amenities were typical …non-descript shampoo, lotion, conditioner, soap, plenty of towels. The toilet & bathtub/shower were in a separate room. Suite A also had a 27” TV, but oddly no windows. At night felt like I was sleeping in a tomb, however there was an oddly configured skylight that brought in a little light during the day.

Suite B Bedroom – Same as above but smaller, with 2 floor-to-ceiling windows, a queen bed, & the closet had mirrored doors.

The hotel’s laundry room was medium-sized, however the fitness room was not well-maintained & too small (the mirrored walls didn’t help). There were only 2 treadmills, 1 treadmill didn’t work, 1 stair-stepper, 2 sets weights, no towels & the water dispenser empty. Very disappointing – the fitness center at AmeriSuites down the road is much better maintained.

Outdoor pool was covered up for the winter & the breakfast spread didn’t look good, not much fruit, so we didn’t bother.

I felt overall that Summerfield Suites is a 2.5-star property that could be better.

• Liked — Large spacious rooms, maid service excellent
  • Disliked — Lack of hotel literature, front desk staff lacking
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

Our family, 4 people total, stayed 3 nights. There are many hotels located on the same small street, which is right off Route 73, and near the NJ Turnpike and also Interstate 295. 45 mins to Phil Int airport, 30 mins. to center city Philly.

This the type of hotel that gives a FULL kitchen, with separate private bedrooms, so it's really an entire apartment rather than a room or a studio.
Our overall impression is a nice property, but management is falling behind on "deep" room maintenance, possibly to reduce costs.

The property is nicely landscaped, totally clean ouside, pool and public areas are spotless. Staff is friendly, "chef" at breakfast hour very helpful.

We specifically booked a "trio", which is a 2 bedroom suite with 2 beds in one room and king in the other. We were given suite with kings in both, which was a problem for our configuration.

After complaining, front desk agreed was their fault. a new employee took the resrevation blah blah blah.
After some back and forth, they agreed to our request to move us to the requested room type the next day, after the occupants checked out,. After more "discussion" took $40 off our $162 first night bill, and gave us additional membership points. Also agreed to have staff to move our bags from the room on the second floor to the new room on third floor. Rooms are accessed via exterior stairs/walkways. One of us ended up trying to sleep on the pullout sofa bed.

The wood furniture in first room very worn and scarred. Second room better. No paper towels were provided in either kitchen until we asked (and tipped) our friendly chambermaid who left our room clean and neat..
Exhaust fan in bathroom didnt work. Bedroom door handle was broken, we reported it and found it fixed later same day. TVs were fine, everthing else in working order. AC was good and fairly quiet.
In general, we find new properties will have everything tip-top, while older properties of any brand will have some things rundown even after renovations.

• Tips/Secrets — Atcheck in make sure they are giving the room -type you reserved.
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Riverview, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

I stayed at this Summerfield Suites June 9 through June 12, 2006.

The room is large and very clean (including the kitchen, which in previous posts didn't sound too great). The room was a little out of date. The TV's were pretty old (fuzzy picture on all channels), no matress pad on the matress, the furniture was clean just out of date and worn, the dresser/desk/work area was chipped and all the drawers did not shut, the closet doors appreaed to have full length mirrors glued to them, etc...

Any staff I came in contact with were helpful and very friendly. (They provided me with an Ethernet cable for in room internet access at no charge.)

The breakfast was disappointing. At one point the coffee pot had run dry but it took about 45 minutes for new coffee to be brewed. The selection in breakfast items were limitied (i.e. scambled eggs, biscuits, some bread to toast and juice). I found it better to make a trip to Whole Foods the night before to pick up some light breakfast items and snacks.

It was a little too chilly to utilize the pool but I was told it was solar heated. (Still not warm enough for this Florida girl!)

Oh, I almost forgot, there are no elevators in this hotel. It is three stories and all stairs, which could be problematic for some quests. I requested a first floor room and got it without a problem.

If I go back to this area, I would probably try out one of the newer hotels on the same road.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Collingswood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

My experience was entirely different than that of the two other reviewers before me. Positives were a very friendly check-in and the size of our two bedroom suite. However, the room had serious problems. The dishwasher apparently leaked and there was a visible stain and wet carpet around it even though we never used it. Worse, the garbage disposal reeked --a truly awful smell that permeated the kichenette area. Also, some of the batteries in the remotes were apparently dead--the reception on some channels was awful and 2 lamps lacked working lightbulbs. I was only there one night, otherwise, I would have demanded a different room or a refund. Also, the staff at the breakfast buffet was downright rude when asked questions. And, incidentally, the breakfast was more akin to a continental breakfast than the hot breakfast buffet I have enjoyed at other Wyndham properties. For the price paid for a 2 bedroom suite, I was expecting a lot better. I also responded to an e-mail sent by Wyndham inquiring about my stay, but never received an apology or an offer of recompense for the problems encountered. Very disappointing.

• Stayed January 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2004

Stayed there for a wk for work. this place was great!! Nice room with separate livng room and kitchen. They serve a hot breakfast in the morning and lite dinner/snacks in the eating area next to the lobby. Perfectly placed close to eating places and a mall. they also have a little store/freezer section that came in handy a couple of nites when I got tired of restaurant & fastfood so I was able to grab a TV dinner and drink and heat it up my meal in my kitchen.
the lobby eating area is wireless while rooms were ethernet. I was able to work in the eating area a couple of nites with my wireless notebook while snacking!!
If all Summerfield Suites are set up this way this is where I am staying!!!

Edison, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

Summerfields Suites are well known for its comfortable extended stayed and complimentary sit down hot breakfast buffet. There are two major types of Summerfields Suites, and this one is the one located at places where not much snow and more open with neted baskball and tennis court.

It is conveniently located at exit 4 of NJ Turnpike off Rt 73 that has lots of other suites around such as American Suites, Hemton Inn and Suites, Comfort Inn and Suites ...etc. All very new and shine. There are so many fast food and nice restaurants along Rt 73. The only PF Chang's China Bistro in New Jersey is blocks away.

I have stayed at all Summerfields Suites, and this is relatively better price one, but this time I got it for $45 thru Amazing-Bargains dot com bidding on 2.5* hotels at Mount Laurel, NJ area, it was a thrill, given the fact that the 1br suite has a complete bedroom with door and its own TV and nice King Size bed, extensive bath and walk in closet. The living room has a pull out sofa bed with TV and VCR and full kitchen that has standard sink with garbage disposer, full size refrirator, high power microwave, all cooking ware and spoon, forks, plates, cups ...etc.

We had a nice stay with BBQ party next to nice outdoor swimming pool and basketball court, kids love it. When my family visited me, I also booked the Summerfields Suites and doing the BBQ party and we all had great time.

This is simply one of the best hotles in the area, if NOT the only one. I used to have a dream of 2nd home, but ever since I discovered the fantasy of Summerfields, I found 2nd home is not necessary. There are dozens of them and they all look very same and when I get away, I feel home. And I do not need to worry maintenance of a 2nd home nor vacancy nor rental ...etc.

Sometimes, we came back from Washington DC and would dropped by here to have a rest since it is very close to exit 4 of NJ Turnpike, and have a coup of coffee while reading some newspaper and magazine and kids playing basketball. The staff there all know us since I gave them good tips while live there... They even gave me a feeling that this is my home and they are my housekeepers handing the property. Hey with $45 a night, I am not hesitate to kick off $20 as tip, are you?

Been to HYATT house Mt. Laurel? Share your experiences!