“Older property” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   603 Fellowship Rd, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054-1113   |
Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Mount Laurel
“Older property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stay one night and were a little uncomfortable when we first arrived, room was clean. Not much for decor but great price for the area. Rooms appear to being updated and new mattresses. Dumpster full of old bedding. Many work trucks in the parking lot. This property does not offer any breakfast options.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chiefland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

After a long and tedious drive from Florida, it was so nice to be greated with a welcoming smile by Jackie. Very pleasant (and wow is that ever refreshing!) and very accommodating. We asked for a room in the rear building for easy access for our pet. The room was comfortable and clean.

Maxine the housekeeper, was very accommodating as well. The hotel is very convenient to everything you could possibly need if you are travelling through. It is also a blessing to see that there are some hotels who still welcome pets!

Thank you to the staff of Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: If you are seeking a quiet room off the main road, ask for the rear building. It worked out great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brunswick, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A professional acquaintance recommended this 'hotel city' exit while was doing a short project in Camden. The Red Roof was one of the least expensive and offered a clean room, internet, etc. while being in a location that had easy access to good coffee, eateries and direct access to the major commute arteries. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful while I was trying to get my bearings.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn several times over the past several years, attending dog events in southern NJ. The rooms are basic and clean, staff friendly, and hotel quiet and safe. This time, they want above and beyond. When checking out at 3am (to beat NYC AM rush hour), I left my large wire dog crate in the room. They held onto the crate for me for 3 weeks, until I could get a friend to pick it up. This was a large crate, and when my friend arrived she found that they kept it behind the front desk (not collapsed) and had been walking/tripping over it the whole time. I am forever grateful for their service and consideration, and will continue staying at this hotel when I travel to this area. Kudos!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
upstate ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Arrived at 11:30 pm First room they gave us wasn't made up. No sheets on bed, dog biscuit on floor. Chairs on top of the mattress. Went back down to front desk and got a second room. This room was ok. Far from clean but not filthy. Toilet wouldn't flush. Called maintenance early the next morning someone came almost immediately and fixed it so it would flush. We told him it needed more work he agreed and said he would be back. Never saw him again. Room smelled musty. I went to the front desk and they gave me a spray. Never saw a maid. Room wasn't cleaned after our first night. I went to front desk and they gave me fresh towels. We had 2 group of friends that stayed there too. They had similar problems. Spend a few dollars more and go someplace else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
USAFret
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I needed a place to stay close to Philadelphia and this is only 15 to 20 minutes from Citizens Bank Park. I choose Red Roof as I have had good experiences with them before and the price is very reasonable..I checked in very late but everything was ready. The room was very clean and comfortable. The TV cable package could be a little better but that is a minor complaint. There are several restaurants in the area, some within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The room is quite clean. Beds are very comfortable. Check-in was easy. When I asked for more towels, I got as many as I wanted. I gave it 4 out of 5 because I was very comfortable.

The issues I had to deal with were problems with the toilet flushing. Apparently, there's air in the water line and it's not flushing correctly. Also, there were some ants. This isn't an issue for me. There weren't that many and just concentrated in the bathroom. However, as I read in previous reviews before I stayed here, this morning at 8 am the fire alarm went off and it was a false alarm.

Despite these issues, I will probably give them another try. I travel frequently to this area and usually stay at Homewood Suites where my dog is welcomed. They had no vacancies this stay so I tried this Red Roof Inn. The price is great and my dog is welcomed. So next time, I'll come back and hope that the issues are taken care off.

Room Tip: Stayed in Rm. 115, right across from Bob Evans. The AC unit was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Mount Laurel? Share your experiences!