“Very comfortable with a fantastic free breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Halifax, Canada
“Very comfortable with a fantastic free breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at this Hamption Inn for one night. We found it clean, with pleasant staff and a very good free continental breakfast. One of the best hotels on our trip. The locatioin is a little further off of the highway but it's quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMHamptonInnMtLaurel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to make every guest's stay with us an easy and relaxing experience. I am so pleased that you did enjoy your time here at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Mt. Laurel. We hope to welcome you back again the next time your travels brings to the area.

Christina Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed two nights this past weekend. You really can't get much more for your money. Sometimes I want to get a high-priced, luxury resort room, and other times you just need a good, clean, place to stay. This is the latter, but it is very comfortable and nice. The room was very clean - breakfast was good -I think that several kinds of yogurts; cereal; waffles; hot eggs/bacon; toast; muffins; hot oatmeal and fruit (along with juices/hot beverages) is more than you should expect at this level. They have hot beverages (including hot chocolate) all day long, with cookies put out in the evening. A small, but adequate cardio room with some exercise balls was nice. There is a very large, very well equipped gym directly across the street for a modest day fee. Hotel is a little tough to get to, but so is every other hotel in this area - no left turns/ jug handles/etc. That is just how the area is. Every single employee we met (housekeeping; grounds maintenance; breakfast staff; etc) said hello, good morning, how is your day, etc. That tells me it's a good management team. I did also stay here about 3 months ago, and the remainder of construction that was going on then is all finished. Overall, a really great value and stay for this level of hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you choosing Hampton Inn during your recent visit to the area. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We spent 1 night at the Hampton Inn in Mt. Laurel. Check-in was fast and friendly. We were offered a couple of bottles of water as HHONORS members. The room we were given was what I had reserved. We were given a room on the top (4th) floor facing route 73. It was a bit of a walk to the elevator (only 1 of which was working) and it was a little slow, but we found the stairs closer to our room worked easily and came out right next to the lobby, making them much more convenient.

It looked like our room had been renovated, with new wallpaper and fixtures in the bathroom and a new flat screen TV with many channels. Our room also had a microwave and refrigerator. The room and bathroom were clean and of a comfortable size. Only 2 sets of towels in the bathroom and no blanket for the sofabed (only an extra pillow in the closet). Not an issue, the towels were sufficient for our needs and my son preferred using his sleeping bag anyway, but most hotels I stay at give king bedded rooms at least 3 sets of towels. We were able to hear some road noise (trucks and motorcycles) occasionally, but no so much as to keep us awake. The HVAC unit was also pretty loud, which would be OK for me (I sleep with a white-noise generator anyway), but it of course it kept cycling on and off. Still slept OK though. The bed was very comfortable.

My son wasn’t happy with the internet speed (couldn’t watch streaming videos), but it was fine for normal internet use, and there were at least 3 other public services with signal strengths nearly as good as the hotel’s. The hotel internet was free. Breakfast was pretty typical for a Hampton Inn. The breakfast area was a bit crowded on a weekend morning, but that’s often true in hotels. Unlike most hotels they didn’t leave the bill under the door at night, a stop at the desk at checkout was required to get it. The bill was already printed and luckily there was no line so checking out was still quick.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMHamptonInnMtLaurel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are always looking for ways for us to continue to improve our service, so your feedback is truly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This Hampton is fine. Typical Hampton rooms, clean and consistent. The only criticism I have of this property is of the breakfast area. When we were there it was just crazy busy, and not well laid out at all. There was no virtually no seating. It was such a frenzy. There were only about 15 people in the area, but because of the cramped layout, it felt like 40. Couldn't even maneuver near the coffee area or to pick up a yogurt. We just left and had breakfast elsewhere. I'm a huge Hampton fan, and I would hesitate before coming to this property again. It was a bit pricey too. If I had found a better rate, maybe I wouldn't have been so bothered.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMHamptonInnMtLaurel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. We currently have just completed our renovation project for our new lobby and breakfast area. We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future to see the improvements we have made.

Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn- Mt. Laurel, NJ. We love having you here!

Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We chose Hampton Inn in Mt. Laurel, NJ, on our visit to Philadelphia because it was a lower price than staying closer. I would not give this Hampton Inn an excellent rating simply because it is being remodeled, it seems to be an older hotel. It is about 15 miles from downtown Philly, it was difficult to locate as it is set back from the highway. They need a larger sign so you can see it before you pass by. We could not make a left or u-turn so wound up going a couple miles before turning back for a second attempt. We parked on one side and the entrance was closed with a sign saying to go to the back. Then we went to the back and eventually the other side before finding the entrance. Once inside the hotel, it is very good Hampton quality, large room with king bed and everything you expect. The breakfast was excellent with a good variety to start the day. The location was not that good for driving into downtown Philly, but the hotel was overall very good except for the remodeling and construction work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, 3rd floor was fine for us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHamptonInnMtLaurel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we continue to look for ways to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. We strive to make every guest's stay an easy and enjoyable experience. We truly appreciate your understanding and patience as we were going through renovations. We hope you have an opportunity to come again and enjoy our new lobby and Suite Shop. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I try to stay in Hampton Inns as much as possible because of the consistency and comfort at their hotels. Unfortunately I didn't have that experience here. They are in the middle of a remodel, so I'm not sure if my opinion would be different if that wasn't an issue during my stay. I'll be coming back in a few weeks and they say it will be over then, so I'll be sure to let you all know.
The location and price were pretty good here. The hotel seemed a bit older than usual, maybe that's why they are remodeling. I never understand why hotels put a female traveling alone (as indicated by the number of guests in my reservation) right at a door to the outside or in some dark corner somewhere, but that is exactly where I ended up. Right at the elevator, door to the outside (and construction entrance-woohoo, and the ice machine-the trifecta of a bad night's sleep. I was pretty far from the actual construction inside, but very close to the work they were doing outside and the door to come and go.
Also, the internet connection was terrible. I was asked to re-log in repeatedly but never connected 8 times out of 10. The front desk just said their computer was working, and didn't really look further into it. On check in and check out someone had to go ask a front desk person to come inside/out front and help me. It was just a strange experience in general. I had planned to sleep in and get some work done before checking out, but since I couldn't do either I just left.
My love of hilton points is making me keep my future reservation. Hopefully the lack of construction will make all the difference. I will be sure to post again then to make sure they get a fair rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMHamptonInnMtLaurel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn during your recent visit to the area. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I were traveling from New England to Baltimore and needed a place to stay overnight along the way. Researching hotels along our route on Trip Advisor, Mt. Laurel looked like a good location, with a choice of several hotels with good ratings. Traveling on a weekend, the weekend rate made staying at this hotel an easy decision.

The hotel is in a good location and set back from the busy highway, making it very quiet. Our room was large, our king-size bad was very comfortable, the check-in and check-out people were very friendy and everything was clean. There is plenty of parking area. We frequently stay at Hampton Inns when we travel and this hotel had everything we have come to expect at a Hampton Inn. The breakfast buffet was typical of most Hampton Inns and very good. It had everything we needed to start the rest of our trip.

With Chili's no longer in front of the hotel, and the hotel set back from the street, it was a little difficult to see from the street, but our GPS took us right to the hotel. But Chili's is not gone from Mt. Laurel. It simply moved to another, larger location fairly close. We had dinner at Chili's and can recommend it as a good choice for a light meal.

We were very happy with our decision to stay here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHamptonInnMtLaurel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn during your recent visit to the area. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Christina Scott

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia Mt. Laurel? Share your experiences!