“Fun place for parties” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Attractions in Mount Laurel
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: The Funplex in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey is your center for amusement park and water park action and fun, featuring 25 acres of indoor and outdoor activities the whole family will love! Enjoy great amusement park rides and attractions like Free Fall, Go-Karting electric Go-Karts, Foam Frenzy, Tilt-A-Whirl and Motion Simulator.
Burlington, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Fun place for parties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Funplex is a great place for large groups and parties. They have a bowling alley and go carts. The best thing I remember was the lazer tag. I highly recomend for childrens birthdays.

Visited May 2012

Burlington, New Jersey
22 attraction reviews
“BEWARE Ht. Restrictions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

One boy in my son's birthday group was 1/2" too short to drive the gocarts inside. It was either ruin his fun, or spoil my son's, not a pleasant choice to make! THAT should've been made clear at admission, but was not. The attractions, restroom & snack area were clean & the staff was nice. Go on a schoolyear Friday to avoid ridiculously long lines. Use AAA discount, too.

Visited March 2012
Ewing NJ
9 attraction reviews
“Family Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went back to Funplex again with wristbands for water/bowling/rides. This time the outside was open and the kids went on the bumber boats, go carts, and mini golf outside. As well as bumper cars, go carts, and laser tag inside. They also bowled this time. Each of the rides was staffed by well trained young people. My only request would be a couple more benches near the indoor attractions, for waitng while the kids are on the go carts. A couple of snacks, almost 4 hours of fun, and everyone left very happy.

Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“gone opening day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

enjoyed the water rides and the barbq that day was very filling had a great time. will come back for my daughters birthday party on aug.26

Visited June 2012
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Every Parent’s Worst Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My 4-year old daughter was invited to attend a 5-year birthday party here last weekend. The party was held outside in the waterpark. Upon arriving we were directed to a table under a tent where my daughter was checked-in and given a wrist band which would allow her to enter the gated waterpark area. When we walked over to the entrance gate I was informed that I would not be allowed in with her unless I purchased a wrist band as well. Interesting that Funplex requires anyone under 6 to be accompanied and yet schedules 5-year birthday parties without having the host purchase the parental access as well. It was also interesting that the hostess checked in my daughter without informing me that I would need to go inside and purchase a wrist band as well. I left my daughter with a classmate’s father who found himself in the same situation and went inside to purchase two adult wrist bands. After waiting on a lengthy line I was informed that the other parent had to be present to have the wrist band attached by the cashier. When I explained how the other parent was watching two 4 year olds in the water park there was no response other than stating the policy. Fuming I asked the cashier to have someone deliver and attach the wrist band on the other parent.
Outside in the water park was chaos. It was crowded and lacked any effective supervision by Funplex staff. The staff on hand was keeping child at time on the slides and nothing more. My daughter had fun but was overwhelmed by the crowds. It was very easy to lose the other party guests and overall did not have a party atmosphere. She and three friends decided to go over to the pool which was a bit less crowded at the time. The pool is very small with three sections and two lifeguards. The shallowest is about 6 inches deep. Three steps then lead down to a 3 ½ foot deep section and then a 5 foot deep section is separated by a rope. The four four-year old friends were enjoying jumping from the steps into the 3 ½ foot section and then “swimming” back. As the pool became more crowded I stood in the 6 in deep section to keep a closer eye on my daughter. Within the matter of seconds the already awful party turned into a nightmare. Her friend jumped from the steps into the 3 ½ deep water but another older child had moved between her and the steps blocking her return. My tall daughter saw her shorter friend in trouble and went to help her. The 3 ½ foot deep section is sloped so as my daughter tried to help her friend she slipped into deeper water and the both ended up in trouble. Fully dressed I walked into the water to pull them both out. All of this happened in a matter of seconds and with two lifeguards present. No one was injured although there were many tears from a very scared little girl. One of the two lifeguards did jump into the pool after I had the girls. It was confirmation of how fast a drowning can happen and why parental supervision at all times is critical. So why would Funplex schedule a water party for a 5 year old and not require that parental access be included in the party package and why does Funplex make it so difficult for parents to watch their children at parties? I will never, ever return here for any reason and will let everyone I know how dangerous this place is.

Visited August 2012