“Loved Aloft!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Haddon Heights, New Jersey, USA
“Loved Aloft!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding party at the Aloft Mount Laurel. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. I was with the bride and groom when they first went to check out the Aloft, from the moment we walked in it was a great experience. We were shown the Sweet Suite, cocktail area and then the ballroom. Then I went back another time with the bride and groom and was treated as if I was the one getting married. Everyone there was super nice and very accomidating! The night of the wedding was awesome! Everything went off so smoothly!!! And I have to give a special thanks to Desiree the event planner! She was so great! She was on top of everything....Everything we needed she was 5 steps ahead of all of us. And very great with the kids in the party (there were alot of them!) Also wanted to say a big thank you to our great waiter Elijah. I never had an empty glass!!!! LOL!
Love love loved the Aloft!!!!
PS.....I know the bride and groom were extremely happy with it too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Jenn, Congratulations to the bride and groom! We love weddings at Aloft and are excited that you had a great time from the start of the planning process with the bride! We try our best to deliver personalized service for each couple and I'm glad that was apparent from your first meetings with Chenoa. We are grateful for have Desiree, our Catering Manager, on our team! She is creative and passionate about what she does. I'm so glad Des, Elijah, and the talent team were able to make the bride and groom's vision come to life and deliver a great party. We just love love and it shows!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here many times since it opened. Decent rates, convenient location. Minimalist style in the rooms, so if you want luxury, this isn't it. Polite staff. It is also quiet when you are in the rooms. The lobby bar is a pick up scene on many nights and can be loud. But on other nights, it is totally quiet and a pleasant place for a nightcap. My only beef with this place is that the room clealineas is very inconsistent. Sometimes it is perfect--clean, tidy, and fine-- while other visits have been yucky (floor stain, garbage in the bin when we checked in, etc.). Overall, a win. I prefer it to other places in the area even though it has now been open for several years.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We're thrilled to hear that you have had many great stays with us at Aloft Mount Laurel. We sincerely care about the service and quality of the amenities we supply to our guests. Thank you for your great comments about our reasonable rates, great location, quiet and comfortable guestrooms, polite and attentive talent team, and the W XYZ Bar scene! I'm disappointed that you have noticed inconsistent tidiness. We have had a change in our housekeeping supervisory roles and do not foresee this type of situation being a problem for future stays with us. Overall, I'm glad you have had a-list experiences at our hotel. We will continue to deliver sassy, savvy service.
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is very "mod" - lots of flat reflective surfaces and minimalist décor. The lobby was attractive but austere. Unfortunately, the minimalism extends to the guest rooms as well. This is definitely NOT the place to stay if you have more than a modest amount of luggage - there are no drawers, just a few small shelves. The "closet" is a curtained area no more than a foot deep opposite the sinks, with space to hang perhaps as many as 8 garments if they aren't bulky. Bedroom lighting is equally sparse. One end of the room was so dim that it was impossible to read when sitting in the provided easy chair - our impression was that whoever designed the décor assumed that guests only want to watch TV (we don't!), or work at the poorly-lighted desk.
The beds were very oddly made up. At first glance, it looked as though there was a family of turtles (or grapefruits) under the coverlet. Actually, the duvets had apparently been washed so often that all of the filling had clumped into large lumpy wads. Upon removing the duvets so that we could sleep in comfort, we then discovered that whoever had made up the beds had put the top sheets on SIDEWAYS (!) - they trailed to the floor on either side, and the "bottoms" (side edges) of the sheets were short-sheeted at least a foot above the bottom of the mattress. This was the most bizarre bedding configuration we have ever seen in our travels.
To be fair, the beds themselves were reasonably comfortable, the lighting in the washbasin area was good, and the dual basins allowed us to both wash up simultaneously in the morning. The cube fridge was a nice extra. If you need ice, it is to be found in the lobby food area, in plastic pre-measured sacks. The room would probably do just fine for a one night stay for a business traveler (but check the sheets before retiring).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hello and thank you for reviewing your stay, we are always learning through the eyes of our guests. Aloft offers a trendy space with loft-inspired rooms, so the closet and storage space in our guestrooms is of loft-style. Which means, the room is more like a studio in design and layout. I'm sorry to hear that your found the lighting in your guestroom sparse. We don't normally hear that feedback from our guests, but we do appreciate you bringing this item to our attention. I'd also like to apologize for the "turtle convention" in your duvet and appreciate your sense of humor regarding the bedding! In addition to that, you must think we're a little sideways for putting your sheet sideways. If you wanted your sheets fixed we would have had someone remake it for you. I will share your review with our Housekeeping Manager who will need to review our bedding procedures with our re:fresh attendants. Overall, I'm pleased that you slept well on our plush platform mattress, and enjoyed the double sinks and mini fridge in your guestroom. I do hope we will see you again soon, so that you can enjoy the true platform bed experience from Aloft.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here while visiting a family member in hospital. The room was clean, comfortable bed, fair rate. Have returned here several times while in the area to visit friends and family. Location is very convenient to NJ Turnpike, Rt#295 and Rt#73 in South Jersey. There is a bar and you can purchase food in the lobby area. There is a free standing bar/restaurant right next to the hotel - Millers (a sports bar).
Would recommend this hotel for its comfort and convenience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Aloft Mount Laurel while visiting your family member. It's always a pleasure to have you! We're pleased you were comfortable in a clean room at a reasonable rate and found it easy to navigate Route 73! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, it means a lot when we get good reviews from experienced reviewers like yourself.
We're looking froward to your next visit, until then stay safe, healthy and sassy!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Friendly staff greeted us at checking. Rooms were nicely furnished and clean even if a bit small. Housekeeping could use some lessons in making beds since each morning I needed to put sheets back on bed. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I'm glad you had an a:list stay with us at Aloft Mount Laurel. I will share your comments with our
Housekeeping Supervisor regarding the bed linens. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we can always improve on the service we provide. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your great review. We appreciate your opinion!
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were very pleased with out recent stay at this Aloft in Mt. Laurel, NJ. We stayed there as our family was visiting Sesame Place, its a bit far (30-40 minute) drive to Sesame, but the location otherwise is great--surrounded by the NJ Tpke, I-295, and other main thoroughfares. Philly was also within a 15 minute drive which is nice.

Aside from the location, the hotel was maintained immaculately clean. The lobby was beautiful and trendy and had plenty of spaces to sit and/or work. The outside courtyard was a nice feature as well to just hang outside. The pool was small, but filled our needs well. The room also was very clean and well maintained. It was the exact same room at any other Aloft, same layout, sheets, styles, etc. Very functional, and lots of good space. Not your typical hotel room which was a nice change.

The staff was very very friendly and able to assist with any request or question. Check in and check out were breeze, and a request for extra towels was met within 5 minutes of the request.

Dining options are a bit limited, although there is a full bar on premises, and a breakfast bar area (not free) with lots of other options for snacks and drinks during the day and/or night. I think this chain should consider offering complimentary breakfast, just as their sister hotel, Element, offers. I can't understand how they do not offer this. Still, Wi-fi was free in rooms and lobby which is always an added bonus.

Overall, we had a great stay at this property and will certainly be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for sharing your great review on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you enjoyed the day at Sesame Place as well! I'm sorry that our location was not as close to the park as you would have liked, but I'm glad your family was well and "uniquely" accommodated in your clean and spacious loft with free wi-fi, access to Splash and the Backyard. Most importantly, I'm glad you received pleasant and friendly service from our talent team. We understand the importance of prompt service, especially for our families! Although, breakfast and the re:fuel gran-n-go stations are the same at all Aloft Hotels, I completely understand your point of view and will share your suggestions with our management team. Overall, I'm glad to hear that you will be back, we love familiar faces and look forward to having you!
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for my friend's wedding. The hotel was clean and perfect for what I needed for just the night. But I must say that the girls behind the front desk, MariaLisa & Dezzyre, were especially helpful and friendly. I made a few requests and they responded to them quickly and with a smile. Would stay here again if I ever have anything in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
First, we'd like to say congratulations to your friends on their recent wedding. I hope you enjoyed the party! We appreciate your great review and will be sure to share your kind comments with MariaLisa and Dezzyre. Both agents are great assets to our talent team and will be happy to know that they delivered above and beyond service to you during your stay. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your sassy, savvy experience with us!

Been to Aloft Mount Laurel? Share your experiences!