“Good basic hotel outside Philly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5000 Clover Road, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 (Formerly Wingate By Wyndham Mt. Laurel/Philadelphia Area)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Mount Laurel
New Jersey
“Good basic hotel outside Philly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights with my 15 month old daughter because my wife had a conference in Philly. It was easy to find and the surrounding area has the standard chains - Olive Garden, Applebee’s, Target....so you can get some food and pick up anything you may have forgotten.

We picked this hotel because it was much cheaper than staying in Philly and was only 1 mile or so from the PATCO line that runs into Philly in twenty minutes. I did drive in as well and that took about 25 minutes...nice and easy, however, I used the PATCO line and then walked all around and also took the Phlash line to the Zoo and other locations. I had done some research on this before we went…very easy…even with the stroller.

Also, the continental breakfast was great... four kinds of juice, coffee, danish, pancakes, potatoes, Belgian waffles (you make yourself), yogurt. My wife commented this was the best continental breakfast she has ever had at a basic business hotel like this one.

There is an indoor pool and gym area, which are both small, but passable if you just want to take a quick dip. I took my daughter at 3pm and no one else was there so it was nice, but if the hotel was full and many people wanted to swim, I can't imagine I would have gone (even by myself). I would also say that the walls are very thin...we heard the man next door talking on his cell phone and even his alarm go off in the morning, but it was not a problem (we thought it might be, but it was not)

I would stay here again as this was a great value and it was very easy to drive or take the train to Philly from here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Nice staff, very clean and well kept hotel. Everything was exceptional!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011 via mobile

I booked several rooms for family and friends that were attending a graduation at Princeton, the second to last day of our stay we noticed the water was out at 4:45 pm. This was seriously inconvenient as we were out in the sun all day and had to shower before we went to a dinner with family and professors from the university. I called the front desk to ask how long the water was going to be out for and the attendant informed me that it would be no more the 30 minutes. The time passed and I called the attendant again to ask if and when the water would be on, he informed me that it would be only Another 15 minutes. I waited 15 minutes and still no water. I called again and he said that it would call me when the water returned. Needless to say the evening was ruined. This is one of many other issues that occurred, this one is just the biggest problem. Be warned avoid at all costs.

• Stayed May 2011
rushis, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thanks for your review. We apologize for water not being available for a short amount of time during your stay. The nature of the problem was such that we had no exact time table for when the problem would be corrected. In the end all was corrected, but I understand that it may have been too late by then.

I hope you'll give us another chance to serve you and your family again. Congrats on the Princeton graduation!

Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel at all. There were numerous problems. The hotel is dangerously understaffed. We would return to find our room had not been cleaned after being out all day. In addition it was common for the water to go off and on during our stay. Please, do not, under any circumstances, book at this terrible hotel. Ultimately I blame myself. I didn't look at some of the older reviews where this appears to be a systemic problem.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. It seems as though you were part of the same group as our last review. I apologize once again for the inconveniences which occurred during your stay. I hope that you will give us another try if the need for a room in Mt Laurel should happen again.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

When we arrived at the front lobby, there was nobody waiting at the desk. We quite literally stood there for a whole ten minutes waiting for the front desk attendant. It turns out the owner streamlines by making the front desk attendant clean rooms.

Yes, this hotel is operated by ONE person. Even the front desk attendant will tell you that they're short staffed.

On our first night's stay we were locked in our room because of a lock malfunction. As if that wasn't enough, we discovered after our second night that the room door does not luck on your way out unless you jiggle it just the right way.

ON TOP OF ALL THIS, the water stopped on us right as we returned from a hot busy day. This is by far the greatest inconvenience to anyone's vacation plans.

We will never stay at a Wyndham ever again. I can not believe that this place received good review from 48 individuals. One of the water pumps went out and it was obviously a lack of maintenance because they said their spare was also out of service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. Please know that our front desk agents do not also serve as room attendants. The Front Desk Agent was most likely taking care of another guest's needs. I apologize for the wait time at the desk. We have a sign to let guests know that we will be back as soon as possible at the desk whenever we step away from a moment. Our doors do automatically deadbolt themselves as a safety feature. A lot of times it will remain in deadbolt position even after opening the door. This issue can be solved by simple pushing down on the inside door handle. We do once again apologize about the water situation. It was something that was out of hands and I assure you that it was not due to negligence on the part of our maintenance department. We tried to work through it as fast as we could and within a couple of hours everything was back to normal.

Thanks once again for your review and let me know if you are ever in town again!

Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Worse Hotel I have ever stayed at. Just prior to getting ready for a family wedding, the Management turned off the water to all rooms within the building without notice for most of that Saturday I happen to be there. The desk clerk could not tell me why the water was turned off, when it would be turned back on, and Management was totally unavailabe to discuss this matter with. I asked the front desk clerk if he would call the hotel across the parking lot (which is also owned by the Wingate) to see If I could shower at that Facility, the clerk informed me that that was impossible since that hotel was fully booked, and no available room for me to use a shower. That was a total lie, because when I walked over to the front hotel that the Wingate also owned, the front desk clerk there readily gave me a key to a clean room to shower. The Wingate desk clerk did not have to lie to me. He could have easily called and located a room for me to use for an hour, but he choose not to.
If you do not care if you have water in your room when you want it, and if you like being lied to by the desk clerk, and you don't mind going to another facility to wash, this is the place for you. Other wise, I suggest you do not book a room at this facility. My 10% discount received for my complaint was so not worth it!.

Room Tip: book at another facility
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
rushis, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Thank you for your review. I first would like to apologize for the water being turned off in the hotel. It was a hotel-wide issue and we tried our very best to get it resolved as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Without getting too technical - a back flow pipe in our basement bursted. To prevent further damage we had no choice but to turn off the water while the pipe was being repaired. From start to finish - we were without water for about 2 hours. I understand the frustration of not having any water. We were able to make accommodations at our sister hotel located directly in front of The Wingate to allow guests to use their bathroom facilities in rooms set aside specifically for our guests.

I assure you that this was a very rare occurrence and has since been permanently fixed. I hope that you will give us another try next time you're in town.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

We reached the hotel with a confirm reservationa and were told they overbooked. With family of 2 children and looking forward to the graduation ceremony of my nephew we were dissapointed to hear this. We were given accomodation in another hotel so we had to take a trip there and inspite of promissing us the room we had asked for, they gave us the room with double bed instead of queen beds.
Overall-very poor service. Receptionist rude and feeling sorry

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. I would like to apologize for the overbooking that took place on the day of your arrival. We try our very best to reach out to the guest prior to their arrival (via e-mail and/or telephone) to let them know of the overbooking and discuss alternate accommodations - whether it be a different room type or different hotel all-together. In your case the hotel was at capacity and so we could not accommodate. I'm sorry for this.

We did, however, make reservations for you and your family to stay at an Upscale Full-Service Hotel located just minutes away. We gladly picked up the bill and offered you to still come back to the hotel to use our complimentary amenities (fitness center, whirlpool spa, 24 hour business center and most importantly our free hot continental breakfast buffet).

We really did try our very best to make things right. I hope that you and your family ended up enjoying your stay there. Hope you'll give us another chance to serve you again in the future.

Rushi

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel - Philadelphia? Share your experiences!