“Nice hotel with a great lobby!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% off Weekends
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mount Arlington
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel with a great lobby!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This hotel used to be a Sheraton property but it's great. The lobby is the new Courtyard lobby and very large. As a platinum rewards member I was upgraded to a suite. My room was well appointed and the hotel was well maintained. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sayville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Was in the area for a baby shower....had some rewards to use so the price was definately right. Double queen bed room would have cost 109.99 though. I think it was well worth it. Place was very clean, very comfy beds and cotton comforters. Spacious room and a refrigerator as well. Very comfortable lobby....quick service food and bar in lobby area. There is also a pool. My daughter used it it was warm and looked clean, she enjoyed it. Lady working in food area was very helpful, she hand wrote a map to the nearest Red lobster (10 min away). Wound up going to the Cracker Barrel right across street....walking distance. Anyway if I was ever in the area again I would definately go back. Only small negative. no ice bucket in room and none available....they gave me a bag that worked just fine. Location is convenient right off of I-80.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

If you are traveling in the northwest part of New Jersey and need a place to stay, I highly recommend the Courtyard Marriott in Mt. Arlington.
Adam Greenberg and his staff made a disastrous wedding weekend into a most memorable one when the original venue was flooded out due to hurricane Irene, Adam and his staff said they would help make the wedding happen at the hotel, and they did.
Since the hotel wasn’t equipped for dinners and banquets, food was brought in and a room was set up. When power went out, candles and glow sticks made the room usable and romantic.
I cannot express in words how terrific the staff at the Courtyard Marriott in Mt. Arlington were during Irene.
While heading back to Washington DC, where I live, I relied on directions from Lori (from the Bistro) , she even stayed on the phone for 30 mins. to get me through all the detours from the flooded streets.
Tremendous thanks to the Staff at Mt. Washington Courtyard Marriott!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Adam G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rockaway - Mt. Arlington, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thanks for your excellent review! We too will never forget this amazing day. It was our pleasure to go the extra mile for Casey and Andrew. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stay in a lot of Courtyards by choice because they are consistenty excellent quality for a business trip. This was an unexpected stay with my wife because of a car breakdown and did not disappoint. They have renovated their lobby/cafe area and it is very conducive to informal businees meetings, noshing, or just hanging around. Typical very clean and business like rooms, nice friendly staff, and a cafe that is more than the usual Courtyard offering. Locate right off exit 30 on Route 80 in NJ so centrally located for that neck of the woods

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind words! We strive to make each guest's stay excellent in every fashion.
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We havent been here in a few yrs and were delighted to see the newly renovated lobby and updates in the hotel. The staff was great, there for our every need..My granddaughters loved the pool, our room was clean and quiet!
We will be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have stayed exactly one year ago, and was happy with it, but they seemed to have gone downhill. First and foremost, there was urine on the toilet seat when I checked into the room. I have no idea how that got missed, or if someone else had been into the room since housekeeping cleaned it. They did switch my room immediately, but I was still freaked out a bit.
Most of the towels they supply are very thin, worn out and rough. There is a constant drip of water over the side entrance from the air conditioner above, so you get drips on your head every time you enter or exit. This could have been solved by installing an awning or entrance cover. The toilet was running constantly all through the night. The carpet in the hallways and rooms appears worn out, and it's lifted and wavy in the hallways.
To be fair, I will say that the staff was very pleasant.
I do agree that the lobby remodel is nice, but it doesn't make up for the negatives to this hotel. I think I'll try and find somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear about your experience during your stay here. Rest assured this is an isolated issue that has been addressed with the housekeeping manager. As the new manager of this property, many changes have been made so we can continue to improve our guest experience. In the future you will see the new culture on the property, and will see how the Courtayd and the staff here really shine!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Recently attended a family wedding in NJ over the July 4th Holiday. We found the staff at Courtyard extremely professional and accommodating!! Kathy Robinson who was our go to gal could not have been more incredible as she fulfilled all our wishes. We all truly felt as if the staff were part of our family as we celebrated this special day. The pool and hot tub were spotless, this is very important to me as I have a hot tub myself and consider myself an expert of water balance. The complimentary breakfast served was five star!! The lobby featured a lovely gathering area for the guests after the ceremony and the staff truly treated us like royalty!! I can't say enough about the hotel's amenities, but the staff were number one in my book!!! Thanks Courtyard for a Great Time!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Rockaway - Mt. Arlington? Share your experiences!