“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris Plains
Gibbsboro, New Jersey, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood for 52 nights while he worked up in that area. I have to say it was our first time staying at this chain of Hotels. We were welcomed with warm smiles from the front desk staff. Our room was very nice we lucked out and had a room facing the woods and just steps to the gym, laundry, kitchen cupboard and front desk. Our room was very clean. being a previous manager of a Beach Resort hotel I knew what to look for lol. The bathroom and kitchen were spotless. Our sheets were clean and crisp.The bed was very comfortable. We had house keeping once a week. Our house keeper was great. We rarely cooked but when she came everything whether used or not was put thru the dishwasher even the sink stopper. Always smelled fresh and clean. Staff was great, rooms were great and our stay was perfect. This hotel is tucked away from all the hustle and bustle. Less then a minute from major Highways, yet when you pull into the parking lot you are secluded and feel like you are miles from everything. So quite and peaceful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie P, Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Dear Connie R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride making sure our guest leave satisfied. We hope to see you again soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

This was better than expected! The location is convenient to major freeways but very quiet. As a frequent business traveler, having a kitchenette was a nice change. While the "Candlewood Cupboard" was a little over-priced for basic grocery items, I'm grateful it was available during a winter storm.The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I'd definitely recommend this to friends and will stay here when I'm back in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the woods! Quiet and serene.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Carol E,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and we were to much accommodation during the storm. We hope to see you again soon.

Beaverton, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

1. Rooms are good spacious.
2. Staffs are good except shuttle driver.
3. Shuttle driver Borris asks for bribe to give services. His behavior is very bad.
4. Receptionists are good and well behaved.
5. Wifi is good.
6. Laundry is good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Here at Candlewood Suites Morris Plains we take great pride in guest satisfaction, We want all aspects of your stay to be enjoyable.
I'm sorry for any issues you encountered during the shuttle ride and will make sure to speak to the appropriate people to make this right. We hope to see you again soon.

Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

You would never know you are in the city when staying at this hotel! The customer service is exceptional and the room/hotel is very quiet. Perfect hotel for business/extended stays. Free laundry, large clean suites, spacious bathrooms with extra shelving. The only complaint I would have is the limited number of channels in the guest room. This usually isn't a problem for me as I seldom even turn the TV on when I'm traveling for business, but I wanted to watch a show on FX and realized they didn't have it... Good thing I have DVR at home! I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in the area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie P, Owner at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Thank you so much for your review. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever in the area again, we would love to have you back.

Parsippany, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

Have stayed here several times I. The past two,years. For me the location is perfect. I like the kitchen area very much The room cleanliness is average. Halls not so clean. You take out your own garbage, cans always overflowing in hallway. Since they only clean the room on e a week it would be nice if they provided you with something to wipe up the room with. The last trip, my toilet wouldn't flush. No maintenance staff at night. Lucky to be able to move to another room. Happened in second room, but during day so they fixed it. Always fresh towels when needed. Nice little grocery/fresh coffee area. Very few tv stations. I. The suite why is there a huge chair next to bed? Had to climb over chair to get in and out.
Shebani is the best front desk clerk, pleasant helpful, always a smile. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Iris F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

The price was reasonable at just under $100 USD per night and the hotel was just clean enough that I felt comfortable during my stay. I was in Morristown for business and had to stay for 3 nights. My feeling when entering the room and after my regular inspection was that if there was just one regular cleaning missed it would be in a bad state. I noticed that behind the bed was noticeably dirty and dusty but overall the room was well kept and clean.

The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be that the heating always blew cold air, however without any air on the room kept quite warm on its own. You get what you pay for here and can be comfortable enough not to have to worry about much.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie P, Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Dear Naila R,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We have taken note of your valuable feedback and will pass it on to the appropriate department.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

First - the sign on the wall at check-in says "We strive for 92% satisfaction. That about says it all. How about striving for 100%?

Second, the A/C unit in the room sounded like a 747 taking off whenever it clicked on.

Otherwise, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephanie P, Manager at Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear Fred,

Thank you for your feedback . However, we are deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations due to the noise levels you encountered . Rest assured that your comment will be reviewed by our team and corrected.

We hope to get a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Travelers are raving about these Morris Plains hotels

Been to Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains? Share your experiences!