“Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott, Montvale

You added Courtyard by Marriott, Montvale to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott, Montvale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Chestnut Ridge Road, Montvale, NJ 07645 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montvale
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Marriott in Montvale is super clean, has very nice rooms, and a sweet staff! I also liked that there was a bar/restaurant adjoining the hotel - felt upscale. Bathrooms were nice & clean too! Staff was friendly and helpful and the atrium/foyer when you walk in is so pretty & welcoming!

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter the room, everything was super clean which is my #1 marker for a good hote...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Montvale, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Tracy O,
Thank you so much for chosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Montvale. We truly appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team. They will be happy to hear that their efforts are truly being recognized by our guests.

Paul Viapiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Montvale for 4 nights in February with my family and was very happy with our choice to stay here. The rooms are quiet, comfortable and clean. Additionally the service provided at the hotel was great. Our first room had an issue with the heater, maintenance arrived within minutes of our call and quickly assessed that the room was not acceptable and moved us across the hall. On our last night at the Hotel we needed plates and utensils for a birthday cake that we brought into the hotel. Again, within minutes the building manager was there with plates and silverware, then arrived later to take the remainder of the ice cream cake to the trash as it would have melted in the rooms mini-fridge. The on-site restaurant is very nice, and provides room service. I highly recommend this hotel for those working in Montvale or driving through.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated shower room (or bathtub if traveling with young children)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Montvale, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Oinkeater,
Thank you for the great comments. We are very happy you enjoyed our hotel. We pride ourselves on being more than just an average Courtyard. With our very unique third party restaurant serving lunch and dinner, in-room delivery, a breakfast buffet available in the mornings, full catering and an upscale decor, we are a very unique Courtyard. We also feature bathrooms with tubs and for the corporate traveler a more modern stand up shower stall. We do appreciate your business and your feedback. We hope to see you soon in Montvale.

Patchogue, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here twice for business in the past 60 days, both times good stays.

Rooms are very clean. The bathrooms could use some attention to detail. Toilet, tub and sink very clean, but the bathroom doors looked like they had never been cleaned, grimy and stained with spilled coffee. Otherwise the hotel would be Very Good instead of average.

Very large breakfast selection with fresh eggs a nice fresh fruit selection along with the usual carb selections.

Great restaurant on site.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear AdventuraNY,
Thank you for staying with us. Very pleased you enjoyed our breakfast selection. We appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

All in all this location was very good. The staff was excellent and very helpful - even for my last minute reservation. The hotel is relatively updated but showing some wear in the rooms. My biggest concern is the noise level from other rooms. I could clearly hear talking and television from the adjacent rooms even though their volume seemed reasonable. Price per night was pretty steep as well.

• Stayed January 2013
MontvaleGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott, Montvale, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Modster 76,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I actually just stepped out of a meeting of which we discussed our plan to renovate the rooms later this year. I do apologize that you were disturbed by other guests. I will definitely bring that to the attention of our construction team during renovation. We hope to you have back in the future.

Hillsdale, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

When my power was restored after 10 days, I returned home to a small snowstorm and another power outage. Went to the Courtyard Marriott and got a room. The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed, but I think $250 a night is too much to charge for a room in Montvale NJ on a Wednesday night.... I've stayed at much nicer properties in much nicer locations for that price. To top it off there was a small sign at the front desk that the receptionist made sure I read saying that due to the storm there was little or no water pressure for showers. And I have to agree with one of the other reviewers the walls are very thin, I could hear pretty much everything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Leeanne F,
I am so glad we were able to accomodate you. We had so many families in at that time that the noise level was a bit louder than normal for a coprorate hotel. I can assure you that our rates are extremely competitive in the market. If ever you need a room on the weekend, you will find our rates to be much more of a value at that time since we are located in a very busy corporate area. We hope to see you in the future under normal circumstances. Thank you for staying with us.

U. Saddle River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Montvale Marriott Courtyard during Hurricane Sandy. (from 10/28 until 11/4/12)... my family and I were so blessed. We got just what we hoped for two connecting rooms with just the right bed setups. The storm came but everything at the hotel went very smoothly considering the severity of the storm and that they were trying to accommodate everyone's needs under such adverse conditions. The staff were exceptionally caring and we were very satisfied! Many thanks to the hotel's general manager and his very professional staff Susan and family

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Susan W,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We all did whatever possible to take care of the families in the area that did not have shelter after the storm. It is so kind of you to take the time to acknowledge our efforts. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs.

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is by far the nicest Courtyard I have been to (and believe me, I have been to a lot of them). I do quite a bit of training and usually reserve meeting space at courtyards as they are more cost effective than a full service hotel.

With that being said, this Marriott Courtyard begins to blur the difference between a full service Marriott and the standard Courtyard. The lobby is spacious and gorgeous. The meeting rooms look like you are in a new full service property. Prices are a little bit higher that a standard Courtyard (the rooms are defiantly much higher), but the image is great. The only knock I have is that they charged $5 a day for a power strip, and charged for a projection screen that was much too small for the room.

For lunch, the hotel catered Hoagies in the restaurant and had some great cheesecake for desert. Overall, a definite thumbs up for this hotel - especially for meeting space.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trikkerterry,
Thank you for staying with us and hosting your meeting here at the Courtyard. Many of our guests do tell us the same thing regarding your comment of wether we are truly a Courtyard or a full service hotel. That is such a great compliment. One of the reasons for this is because we host the Fire and Oak American Grill and bar which is quite unique to any hotel in the area. We would love to see you again the next time you are on the east coast.

Paul Viapiano

Been to Courtyard by Marriott, Montvale? Share your experiences!