“Gifted with a great dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Montvale
Cuisines: Italian
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“Gifted with a great dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

A friend had received a gift card to this restaurant and needed someone to share it with. Wasn't I the lucky friend! We arrived around 5:15 on a Friday night and the place was somewhat empty--only about three or four tables of diners. Since neither of us had eaten there before we didn't know it was a BYOB establishment, fortunately two doors down from a liquor store. I quickly put my coat back on an scurried to the door only to be stopped by a lovely female (owner or manager?) who asked my if everything was ok in a most concerned manner. I assured her I was hurrying two doors down for wine! When I returned my friend was enjoying the warm loaf of delicious, crusty bread. Our wine was immediately taken and opened for us and returned with wine glasses. Our server came by to apprise us of the specials, all sounding delicious. We opted to share a special appetizer of stuffed artichokes--super delicious, stuffed with spinach and cheese. My friend chose a salmon entree which arrived with some potatoes and veggies that she enjoyed but whose presentation lacked eye appeal. My special, a red snapper served over perfectly cooked asparagus and creamy mashed potatoes with some kind of amazing sauce was fantastic--i took some home to savor the next day. I needed to save room for dessert (taking 1/2 of that home, too). I chose some kind of magnificent lemon layer cake, lemony and not too sweet, extremely moist. My friend, the chocoholic, chose a very creamy chocolate slice of something--I can't remember if it was a cheesecake or chocolate mousse delicacy---and a cappuccino. I never saw the bill but I do know that the gift card was for $100 and the entire card was surrendered without any need of change. By the time we left all the tables were filled and folks we waiting for their opportunity.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pomona, NY
“Great food - go off peak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We ate there with friends on a Saturday night. We had to wait around a half hour to get a table. They don't take reservations. The food was wonderful. The service was excellent. The tables are very close to each other and therefore, when the restaurant is full, it is very noisy. I would try to go there again on a different night or at a different time. It's a BYOB restaurant.

Visited March 2014
Blauvelt
“Can't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Have had dinner several times over the past three years and you can't go wrong, especially with a BYOB. Can't wait till warm weather to dine outside.

Visited August 2013
Montvale, New Jersey
“Great Italian Food Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have eaten here several times and the food is great and the service is excellent everyone treats you like you are part of their family..It's a BYOB restaurant.. We have gone several times with friends and they were completely satisfied with everything. You really have to try this great restaurant..

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montvale, New Jersey, United States
“love, love, love it & them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

love everything i get......all over the menu....rigatoni bolognese is crazy good & everyone i recommend it to is so pleased....all of the staff is so friendly, nice & run around taking care of everyone....BYOB is nice....weekends can get crazy busy so go "early" or "late" if you can't wait.....
weekday lunches are awesome & great to meet up with a group, super economical too!!!

• Visited February 2014