“Rush Job” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Old Bridge, NJ
“Rush Job”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Good food, poor service. Rushed us throughout to get the table for a bigger group. I guess two is not enough for them; not worth their while, when groups of 4 and 6 are waiting in the wings.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Only thing missing, is Naples.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

We have been coming here for a while. Always busy, sometimes a long wait, but worth it. Nice ambiance. Excellent food, plenty of it for the price. Moderate prices, for the dishes but worth it. I love the mussels in red sauce, as an appetizer. Get plenty of bread, however to dunk into the sauce. The entrees are great, the veal dishes, the best around. The wait staff very good and attentive. The owners are always on hand, they have great control of the place. BYOB, there is a liquour store two doors away. No cork fees, or glass fees at the restaurant. Mangia!! Laugh!! Enjoy!! No one bothers you, and sometimes we are there 2 to 3 hours, on a Friday or Saturday night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saddle River NJ
“Not a place for a quiet BYOB dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We love good food, we love great service, but we do not like a noisy place. I am rating this at a very good because I don't like yelling to my husband to have a conversation. The place was packed for a Friday night, the bread basket was great and so were the marinated olives, the salad was packed with ice berg lettuce, and I did not want to spend another six dollars for a spring salad was justifiable. I really did enjoy the veal antonio it was very tender and delicious, as was the mahi mahi with a champagne sauce. We did split the chocoloate mouse cake which was exceptional their coffee is Columbian and full brew. Lovely decor very attentive to your needs at the table, but people were so loud it made the evening a little less romanitc.
This is not the place for an intimate romantic dinner, but a great place if you want to be happy after a few bottles of wine and have a fun evening.
Reservations taken only for a party of six or more. Be prepared to wait.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Union, New Jersey
“Great Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I visited this restaurant for the first time with two friends. We were there for lunch and the place was packed. One of the friends that I was with eats there with his wife at least once a week and says that it is always quite busy.

I had their chicken breast special which was excellent. One friend had their bass special while the other, the only Italian in our group, ordered what he always orders . . . . chicken parm. Each meal comes with soup and salad. The entre portions are quite large and well presented. We all were very happy with their excellent food.

The service can only be described as excellent. Parking is plentiful. Prices quite reasonable. . . . . and it's a BYOB with no fees for opening your wine or the wine glasses. How can you beat that?

We arrived at 12:30 and didn't exit until 3:15 feeling never feeling pressure to leave. It's a great place to spend some quality talk time with a friend.

I'll be back. You can count on that.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tappan, New York
“Bring your Ear Protection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Good food, but I couldn't get past how loud the other tables were - not their fault, as the owner didn't think to dress up this rather large room with anything that could absorb sound. The portions were rather small and matched the lower prices. I think that's why you see so many seniors dining here. While it is good, don't be fooled - this is NOT authentic Italian, but rather Italian-inspired Eastern European. The waiters were speaking Croatian.

Visited November 2011