“Disappointed for Lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Montclair, New Jersey
“Disappointed for Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I haven't eaten here is awhile, and I love to eat here when I have the chance to. However today I had a taste for Sushi Hana, well I was disappointment in my lunch. I ordered the salad which I love especially the dressing and I always get the Shrimp tempura roll and soft shell crab roll. Today I just had the shrimp tempura roll, it was not good, the shrimp in the roll were so hard it was like it was burnt. I had to spit the food out. My salad was good as usual some brown lettuce, but that's ok, I just was disappointment in my meal, because I was really looking forward to my lunch today.

Unfortunately my last sit down meal there with my husband was not that great either, especially the service and again this could of been an iolated incident, but now that's twice I was disappointed. It will be a long time now before I eat here again, I will try another place. Sorry Sushi Hana, but you are slacking a little.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“spectacular sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I never use the word "spectacular" but this sushi truly was. We haven't been in a long time, and decided to go on saturday night. It wasnt too crowded and were able to be sat right away. We ordered an app of steam gyoza (shrimp dumblings) and a green dragon roll. They were both really good. My husband opted for the fried rice with beef and it was so tasty. The seasoning was spot on and it wasn't greasy at all. I got two rolls, the denise, and the kelli. They were both equally good and couldn't believe I finished them both after the apps. The portions were nice and the food was so fresh. The staff was very pleasant and we will absolutely be going back. There is even an entire menu dedicated to smoothies,teas and desserts.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montclair, New Jersey
“um it's... ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I ordered veggie sushi but it smelled like fish... call me picky ... I don't care... I'd rather drive all the way out to 46 sushi lounge. At least it doesn't smell like fish

Visited February 2012
Millburn, New Jersey
“Stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Overall, We were not satisfied. I should have know when a couple rushed out as we were going in. I heard them complaining about the service. I wanted to see for myself. The quality of the food was poor. We noticed floor and some tables were sticky flithy. The servers seemed not to like their job. They didn't have patience and walked around with an attitude problem. It wasn't crowded at all. I know good sushi when I see it. This was the first time and it will be thelast time we come.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“VERY GOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We usually eat at another Bloomfield Ave Montclair sushi place that has higher prices so we decided to go here for once. I know Sushi Hana is a very popular place in Montclair. We sat at the sushi bar and were taken care of by a gentleman who seemed to be the owner. Sushi was very fresh and tasty. Lot's of interesting choices on the full menu. Definitely a place worth going to in Montclair. Service was very attentive and well done. We will go again for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere