“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   208 New Rd, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852-2032   |
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had about 40 guys staying at the Red Roof Inn doing storm repair. We also had guys staying at 5 other hotels. The Red Roof Inn was by far the best value. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean compared to the other hotels. Everything was "modernized". We work on the road quite a bit and the Red Roof Inn is at the top of our list as far as overall value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denver, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Smallest motel room I stayed in my whole life. For the size of the room, they are really over priced. If you travel with dogs, beware. They will force you to stay in gross, smelly rooms. The clients can run on the seedy side and the manager can be a major jerk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Monmouth Junction hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stop at this motel usually three to four times per week. About one year ago, the hotel changed hands and boy how times have changed! I am now greeted by a friendly smile by the young lady that runs the front desk. Even though I usually have no reservations, even with the 'Sandy' issues, she always found me a room and always has that epic smile.

I recommend the place as a location if you need a clean bed and a place to sleep, especially after 16 hour days!

It may occasionally have, shall we say "unusual" type guests, but that's what makes a motel a motel, right?

Always clean, safe and pacing is always available, very reasonable, as well!

Most importantly, that warm greeting and that special smile!

Room Tip: Ask for the executive suite upgrade (King size bed, no smoking and work area, includes free coffee...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Glen Rock, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn because it is close to my office and the bad weather did not allow me to get home. I was on the 3rd floor in room 317 and it was fine. The room was the smallest hotel room I have ever been in, but it was clean and all I needed was a bed and a shower. The internet worked just fine and of course there was a TV as well. Nothing fancy, but a fine place to crash. The parking lot was full so I imagine others were in the same situation as myself. Considering the price (very cheap compared to hotels in the area) I would definitely go back if I get stuck at the office again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Feasterville, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It smelled and had too much air fresher which still did not cover smell. My main complaint werer the cleaning people who opened the door on me while I was in bed(during my previous stay ). On top of that (with recent stay) they still knocked and knocked on the door before check-out ignoring my DO-NOT-DISTURB SIGN. Their English was bad too which could explain but does not condone their lack of respect for people's privacy!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I0198, General Manager at Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your experience, but after checking through our records it indicated that you did not check out of the hotel till after checkout time. This is why the housekeepers entered the room because they needed to clean the room before they leave. We do allow a late check out but unfortunately not the time that you we were still in the room
Please understand that I am sorry they entered the room but that they were doing there job.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was far from the highway and there weren't many quick food options (we saw a burger king). The front desk staff seemed nice. The rooms, however, were below my expectations. The bathroom looked nice but had a strong smell of mold. You could see the black mold in the corners. The room also smelled of mildew and strong cleaner. If I as ever in the area again I would spend a few bucks more for a nicer place.

• Stayed August 2012
Hartland, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I spoke with Steve who was more than helpful!! There was a tournament in town and rooms were limited---he was very accomodating and set us up so that we would be comfortable and gave
suggestions for dinner as well. I wish more people were as personable and willing to go the extra mile for their customers. We will be staying there again in the future for sure!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton? Share your experiences!