“Always a welcoming smile” 5 of 5 stars

Priceline.com Orbitz.com
Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   208 New Rd, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852-2032   |
New York City, New York
“Always a welcoming smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stop at this motel usually three to four times per week. About one year ago, the hotel changed hands and boy how times have changed! I am now greeted by a friendly smile by the young lady that runs the front desk. Even though I usually have no reservations, even with the 'Sandy' issues, she always found me a room and always has that epic smile.

I recommend the place as a location if you need a clean bed and a place to sleep, especially after 16 hour days!

It may occasionally have, shall we say "unusual" type guests, but that's what makes a motel a motel, right?

Always clean, safe and pacing is always available, very reasonable, as well!

Most importantly, that warm greeting and that special smile!

Room Tip: Ask for the executive suite upgrade (King size bed, no smoking and work area, includes free coffee...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn because it is close to my office and the bad weather did not allow me to get home. I was on the 3rd floor in room 317 and it was fine. The room was the smallest hotel room I have ever been in, but it was clean and all I needed was a bed and a shower. The internet worked just fine and of course there was a TV as well. Nothing fancy, but a fine place to crash. The parking lot was full so I imagine others were in the same situation as myself. Considering the price (very cheap compared to hotels in the area) I would definitely go back if I get stuck at the office again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Feasterville, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It smelled and had too much air fresher which still did not cover smell. My main complaint werer the cleaning people who opened the door on me while I was in bed(during my previous stay ). On top of that (with recent stay) they still knocked and knocked on the door before check-out ignoring my DO-NOT-DISTURB SIGN. Their English was bad too which could explain but does not condone their lack of respect for people's privacy!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I0198, General Manager at Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your experience, but after checking through our records it indicated that you did not check out of the hotel till after checkout time. This is why the housekeepers entered the room because they needed to clean the room before they leave. We do allow a late check out but unfortunately not the time that you we were still in the room
Please understand that I am sorry they entered the room but that they were doing there job.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was far from the highway and there weren't many quick food options (we saw a burger king). The front desk staff seemed nice. The rooms, however, were below my expectations. The bathroom looked nice but had a strong smell of mold. You could see the black mold in the corners. The room also smelled of mildew and strong cleaner. If I as ever in the area again I would spend a few bucks more for a nicer place.

• Stayed August 2012
Hartland, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I spoke with Steve who was more than helpful!! There was a tournament in town and rooms were limited---he was very accomodating and set us up so that we would be comfortable and gave
suggestions for dinner as well. I wish more people were as personable and willing to go the extra mile for their customers. We will be staying there again in the future for sure!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found this to be an excellent hotel for the money. Was a bit skeptical when comparing to other hotels of the same rating, but it turned out to be great. I would actually give it a 5 star when you compare to other hotels of the same type, but overall I feel a 4 is accurate since it is not a Hilton quality of hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stay at this Red Roof Inn every year when I attend the NHRA National event in Englishtown, NJ. My most recent stay was May 31 - June 3. I always reserve a Superior King Room which is larger than the standard room, and includes a refrigerator and microwave. My room was clean and everything in it worked as it should. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, and the price can't be beaten. It is located right off of U.S. Route1 and there are many restaurants, stores and malls nearby. I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: The Superior King Rooms (both Non smoking and Smoking) include a refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton? Share your experiences!