“Bad Management, lack of communication with housekeeping, & Smelly” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton

You added Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton to your Saves list
Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   208 New Rd, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852-2032   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Feasterville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Bad Management, lack of communication with housekeeping, & Smelly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It smelled and had too much air fresher which still did not cover smell. My main complaint werer the cleaning people who opened the door on me while I was in bed(during my previous stay ). On top of that (with recent stay) they still knocked and knocked on the door before check-out ignoring my DO-NOT-DISTURB SIGN. Their English was bad too which could explain but does not condone their lack of respect for people's privacy!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I0198, General Manager at Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your experience, but after checking through our records it indicated that you did not check out of the hotel till after checkout time. This is why the housekeepers entered the room because they needed to clean the room before they leave. We do allow a late check out but unfortunately not the time that you we were still in the room
Please understand that I am sorry they entered the room but that they were doing there job.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel was far from the highway and there weren't many quick food options (we saw a burger king). The front desk staff seemed nice. The rooms, however, were below my expectations. The bathroom looked nice but had a strong smell of mold. You could see the black mold in the corners. The room also smelled of mildew and strong cleaner. If I as ever in the area again I would spend a few bucks more for a nicer place.

• Stayed August 2012
Hartland, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I spoke with Steve who was more than helpful!! There was a tournament in town and rooms were limited---he was very accomodating and set us up so that we would be comfortable and gave
suggestions for dinner as well. I wish more people were as personable and willing to go the extra mile for their customers. We will be staying there again in the future for sure!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found this to be an excellent hotel for the money. Was a bit skeptical when comparing to other hotels of the same rating, but it turned out to be great. I would actually give it a 5 star when you compare to other hotels of the same type, but overall I feel a 4 is accurate since it is not a Hilton quality of hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stay at this Red Roof Inn every year when I attend the NHRA National event in Englishtown, NJ. My most recent stay was May 31 - June 3. I always reserve a Superior King Room which is larger than the standard room, and includes a refrigerator and microwave. My room was clean and everything in it worked as it should. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, and the price can't be beaten. It is located right off of U.S. Route1 and there are many restaurants, stores and malls nearby. I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: The Superior King Rooms (both Non smoking and Smoking) include a refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here for Princeton Reunions - it was definitely the best value hotel in the area. The rooms are clean / new and the staff is friendly (one of them even dropped us off at the train station!). Nothing fancy, but for the price it was great. You need to have a car or pay for a cab to get around, but even with the $30 / way cab ride to campus it was much cheaper than staying at other hotels. You also have to get food delivered to the place if you don't have a car, but apparently they are building a restaurant next doors. Basically, if you have a car this place is great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Branchburg, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Worst customer service ever. After getting a quote for a King Superior room, I called back a few weeks later once I knew the dates I'd be staying and the guy pretty much denied ever speaking to me or giving me that rate, even though I wrote down his name (Ashesh, which is not something I could make up). At first they denied me the King Superior room because I told them I had a cat and they didn't have ANY that they allowed pets in, even though their whole company premise is that pets always stay for free. Then after some pleading they said they'd make an exception if I paid them extra which amounted to over $300 over the month. Their website explicitly states that pets stay free. Also, they mention that there's a free fitness facility nearby and when I called to ask about this, the front desk made up a name and said it was right down the road. When I was later speaking with the manager, he told me there was no gym nearby. They really need to get their stuff together and stop trying to lie and rip customers off. Badly managed motel...stay far, far away from here!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
I0198, General Manager at Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
I am truly sorry about your reservation and the confusion. But I have also pulled up your reservation and I also did not see anything about the rates you had thought you had for your booking. We at the hotel honor all previously made reservations and rates. Also I talked with Steve about this issue and he said could not find anything for the rates you quoted and he could not do anything without a confirmation. He did also mention that you had called him to cancel your reservation and he did not do it without your permission. It is unfortunate that this happened and you canceled your reservation as I am sure you would have liked our hotel.

I really wish you got a chance to actually walk into our property as it is very inviting and our customers continue to return whenever they are in the area. We spend a lot of time and money keeping our property up to date so that our guests can have the best experience while staying here.

Travelers are raving about these Monmouth Junction hotels

Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing
#1 of 3 in Lawrenceville
3.5 of 5 stars 186 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast

Been to Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton? Share your experiences!