“Great 10th anniversay get away to Chestnut Hill” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chestnut Hill on the Delaware

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milford
Chestnut Hill on the Delaware
You added Chestnut Hill on the Delaware to your Saves list
63 Church Street, Milford, NJ 08848   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milford
Smith's Parish, Bermuda
“Great 10th anniversay get away to Chestnut Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I can only repeat the compliments that this B&B so deservedly earns, and will add that Linda & Rob made a special point of welcoming us for our 10th annivesary get away. Little touches like a welcome poster congratulating us on our 10th anniversay, a heart shaped baloon left on the bed together with gingerbread cookies nicely wrapped and confetti sprinkled over our breakfast place setting. Linda remembered little things that I had mentioned when I had called to make the reservation months before. She and Rob were very attentive and were so gracious and helpful when it came to suggestions of things to do in the area and directions.
If you haven't heard of Ringing Rocks Park it is a fun and unique stop not far from the Chestnut Hill and LInda and Rob will supply you with the hammers! I wished our 6 year old daughter had been with us for that part of our get away.
Also she would have loved Tedddy's Place where we roomed, there were teddy bears on each step going up to the room and about everywhere you could put one! This room is a great spot for a couple wanting privacy or space, or even for a family who can spread out to the second room across the hall.
The breakfasts were yummy and Linda checks that you like everything she plans on serving (my husband doesn't like pancakes so she did eggs just for him and I don't like a couple of fruits so she chose other fruits for her two course breakfast), and there was certainly enough food to fill your tummy.
We were very happy and comfortable at Chestnut Hill and would love to go back, perhaps with our daughter next time. Would recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to stay in the Milford, French Town or New Hope area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Can't add much more to all of the superlatives that have already been mentioned, time and time again. The physical and atomspheric characteristics of this outstanding B&B cannot be disputed, but I think it is worth repeating that the heart and soul of this place are its thoroughly committed and devoted owners, Linda and Rob.
Their attention to the property is clearly obvious, but it is their personal interest in the care and well-being of all of their guests that are without peer. Our recent visit was an emergency, last minute family event and the Castagnas could not have been more accomodating in minimizing this stress. The River scene certainly helped, but the proprietors made the tranquilty a reality.
You will certainly feel comfortable and in a home away from home as you enjoy the delights of the Delaware Valley in this Hunterdon Retreat.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I have been a 'regular' at Chestnut Hill for so long now I feel like a member of an extended family. The Inn is stunning; 'eat off the floor' clean, excellent breakfasts, very peaceful. Rob and Linda are truly marvelous innkeepers who are attentive, knowledgeable of the area, and very accommodating. There are several excellent restaurants in the area including the #1 Zagat rated seafood place in all of NJ...and that's saying something! I would not only recommend you go...I would recommend you go many times!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

My sister and I decided to do a weekend at a B&B and thought maybe we would feel out of place...but that was not the case. in fact the other group was made up of female friends. Linda and Rob made us feel very welcomed and right at home. They spent time sharing the history of the area and we were treated to a trip along the Delaware River in which Rob shared such interesting background information about the area. We thoroughly enjoyed the food provided and the conversation. The grounds are beautiful and well kept with plenty of seating to enjoy the water and the sunset. The rooms are very very well appointed and would not disappoint . Great for couples also. It was a very relaxing weekend and would definitely return with my husband or with my sister.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

If you have never stayed at a B&B, this experience may spoil you. If you have, you'll know this is what you always hope you'll find and so rarely do. A B&B is so dependent on the innkeepers and their staff to make this a special stay and Linda and Rob could write a book on how to do this successfully. Rooms that are well-decorated, but practical, breakfast that is tasty (if not quite gourmet) and not overwhelming in quantity but just the right amount for satisfaction, and most importantly informative and pleasant hosts that make every guest feel special. We split our stay between the main house and the cottage getting "the best of both worlds" to quote Linda and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. and I can't recommend this B&B highly enough.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Sayreville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I stayed in the Paradise Suite here and never wanted to leave! This B&B has 2 suites with a kitchenette and fridge that they stock for you so you can hide out and eat breakfast whenever you're ready instead of having to eat by a certain time with other guests! They provide you with coffee, tea, juice, amazing freshly baked cinnamon raisin bread, eggs.... everything! Anything you need, just ask! The room was amazing. Every detail is simply perfect! I took a tour of the main house as well and everything was so picturesque. The owners and staff are wonderful and friendly, but are no bother if you're trying to hide out. Every afternoon, when we were out, we would return to find freshly baked treats waiting for us. The room was immaculate, and the Paradise Suite had a jacuzzi tub and fireplace which were so relaxing and wonderful. If you're wondering if it's true, I'm here to tell you that the Delaware River is literally in this place's backyard! Milford is the type of town that rolls up its sidewalks early, but whether or not you're looking for something to do late night, you MUST visit the nearby Ship Inn! Great food, great beer (the first brew pub in NJ!), and great service!!! All in all, visiting this B&B was one of the best experiences I've ever had and I can't wait to find a reason to go back!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

First of all, Linda and Rob are such amazing sweet people if I lived nearby I would make an effort to be friends with them!

My husband and I stayed in the Cottage over New Years weekend. First of all the Cottage was amazing, much better than the pictures depict and exceeded our expectations, it's basically like having your own mini-house. The decoration was really warm and welcoming, the fridge was stocked with essentials and even the water pressure was great!

The first night, NYE, we had no reservations and Linda immediately got us in to the Oyster House (which I also recommend for dining!) - the location is very romantic, beautiful view of the river and the town is really charming and neighbors New Hope, PA and some other great little towns for your day excursions.

I should mention that I was 3.5 months pregnant when we went and it was the perfect getaway. They even gave me the baby's first teddy bear on departure! How sweet!

Oh - and I left something there and they mailed it to me next day - if that's not service and kindness, I don't know what is!

I highly recommend Chestnut Hill on the Delaware and can't wait to go back - hopefully during a sunny season to take advantage of the outdoors!!

Thank you Rob and Linda!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Chestnut Hill on the Delaware? Share your experiences!