“WORST BUFFET EVER!!! DONT GO!!! WASTE OF TOO MUCH MONEY FOR NOTHING!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Buffet

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, American
Middletown, New Jersey
“WORST BUFFET EVER!!! DONT GO!!! WASTE OF TOO MUCH MONEY FOR NOTHING!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Worst buffet ever!! So many HIDDEN fee’s in final check. My table NEVER ordered anything to drink, not even a standard TAP WATER, and we were STILL CHARGED for a drink!! They also refused to refund us the extra money (we were a party of 20+). Also they have the worst service imaginable. No one there speaks English and they don’t care to communicate with anyone. They want their money. We were also hurried out for no reason possible. Do Not Eat Here!! You Will Regret it!!

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Gardiner, New York
“I like it..and the ribs come out in big full racks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Like chinese ribs? Dinner there the ribs are great and very generous. You cut them off the entire rack at the buffet yourself. Free soda...what more can you want? For a chinese buffet it's pretty good....

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belford, New Jersey
“Worst Food Ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

The food at Royal Buffet was awful. This was my second time trying to give them a chance but it didnt work. The food was very limited. I believe they serve leftovers from the night before and the reheated it for lunch . I arrived at 3:20 lunch ended at 3:30 I was never told that lunch would end at 4 and that i was not allowed to serve new dishes put out for dinner. The reason i went to the buffet was to have shrimp, and the shrimp that was brought out at 4. I served myself some and the waiter came and took it from me !! I was so embarrased and the only reason i was stalling til 4 was hoping something fresh would be brought out. I will never go back to this place again. They were rude and didnt care who they offended. The were even speaking about me and pointing to our table...unacceptable!

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“What a way to end a day at the Beach, A GREAT Buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

For the past few years, To avoid the Shore Traffic on the Garden State Parkway, We always travel a short Distance on Route 35 and stop at the Royal Buffet. One of the Larger Buffets we have been to...A terrific selection of items as well as a great dessert bar. If you arrive at dinner time on the weekend it may be crowded, but I have found the food is always replenished and kept full & hot. As with any Buffet some items may be better than others, but with the selection at this one you will not be unhappy. They have more seafood dishes than most other chinese buffets that we have been to. Typical Decor, nothing fancy, always clean, plenty of parking as it is in a strip mall/shopping center. Overall a good value. ENJOY !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, NJ
“Average Chinese Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

OK - Perhaps a little better than average for a buffet. They do have a good selection - and the kids like it, because they can pick their own food and have a lot of variety. But let's face it - It's average food at best. If you wan to gorge or have a lot of variety, it's fine.

If you want really good Chinese food in Middletown try Hunan House or House of Chong. I would also say Crown Palace - as their food is good and the atmosphere is nice, but I've never felt particularly welcome there.