“Consistently good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've been going to Sono for years with a friend who lives in the area. The fish is always fresh and of high quality. On my most recent visit I had the spicy scallop, spicy salmon and Philadelphia rolls. The spicy scallop roll wasn't overly spicy and had just a bit of crunch. The Philadelphia roll had just the right amount of cream cheese. The staff was professional if not overly warm. Overall it's a good local restaurant with quality food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Red Bank, NJ
“It Ain't Just Sushi !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every once and a while we feel like having something different for dinner. That is when we look at each other and say "SONO". It's a little out of the way restaurant in a strip shopping center but, well worth visiting. Neither my wife nor I eat sushi so we don't partake of the beautiful dishes being prepared at the sushi bar. They are extremely colorful and almost entice me to try them. I said almost. THere is a full menu that offers numerous choices other than sushi. I usually have the Beef Negimaki appetizer followed by the Yakisoba entree. My wife and daughter usually split the Beef Negimaki appetizer and Shrimp Tempura. We occasionally end with fried ice cream for dessert. We always leave with a smile on our faces. It's a BYOB restaurant and there is a Bottle King at the front end of the shopping center where you can get a few different types of Japaneese beers and wines. As far as price, it's usually right around $50 for two. I spent 10 months in Okinawa back in the 60's so I have some fun trying out the little Japaneese that I can remember. Overall, a fun experience and great food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Too pricey.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently went here with my family, we have eaten at many sushi places and this one is just overpriced. Have had much better sushi elsewhere, and the service was really slow, would be nice to get our drinks filled on time

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Holmdel, New Jersey
“Best in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I do not like sushi, so I always have something else and it is always good. My husband and daughters loooove their sushi, because it is very tasty and well prepared. It is a little more expensive than the other Japanese restaurants in the area but it is worth it.

Visited September 2012
“Been going to this place for years. The quality of the fish is consistently excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Sono for the past six years since I've moved into the area. I have always been extremely satisfied with Quality and selection of fish. Their fish is the absolute best I have found in the area. The staff is also excellent, this is a family run business and always see the same service staff since I started going there six years ago. I just can't say enough good things about this place. Zagat also rates them as the best in the area. Definitely give this place a try If you love sushi.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere