“Not So Good” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Monroeville, New Jersey
“Not So Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had dinner at this resturant on 7/2013. We live within 20 miles of this resturant but haven't eaten at this new location. The food was just OK. The waitress was very poor, she didn't even know what Italian bread was. This was pretty bad, being this was an Italian resturant. We used to frequent the old location many years ago, the food was excellent. What Happened? Did the decor, booze, entertainment and new location take away from the food quality, I suppose so.I expected so much more.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Consistency Is The Key - Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

When Cousin Mario's first moved to its new location the food was "so so". My parents loved it but I was not to eager to return. Quite a few years have passed and now I am a fan. The food has greatly improved - I love their chicken/veal franchaise and pasta with garlic and oil. My father had the grouper last week and it was FANTASTIC (I tasted some). They have a variety of items: seafood bisque soup was the special and it was very tasty; duck was one of the specials offered on Saturday and although I was tempted, I had to order the franchaise. The happy hour prices are great...they have music (although not my taste but great for older people) on the weekends. It is always packed - and I can see why. I will return, again and again. Maybe next time I will live dangerously and try something different. The portions are large so if you do not cook - like me - there are leftovers to heat up the next day.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Deptford, NJ
“Nice selection and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I were traveling through the Mays Landing area and saw a sign advertising Counsin Mario's and it was dinner time so we stopped in. The waitress was pleasant and attentive. There was a nice selection of entrees and reasonably priced. The food was very good. The environment was pleasant. I just wish the restaurant had a 'turn off your cell phone' policy as a man across the room was taling with someone on his cell phone and he was very loud and so was the person that he was talking to. It was very distracting.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
“Quick bite to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Quiet place in the late afternoon to grab a bite while waiting for a Christmas delivery. Only 2 people there for pizza express so service was quick.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not Impressed...by any means, Cuz”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Driven past many times, finally a chance to try Cousin Mario's. For me, once is enough, there are too many other worthwhile options to return here.

To say the service is slow is an understatement. Bar, 10-12 stools, was full when I arrived, around 5:30 PM, so I grabbed an available booth. Since there was only one bartender, took about 8-10 minutes to get the beer I had ordered. Probably should have tried the buy one appetizer, get one half off, but decided on a medium everything pizza. That took about 20-25 minutes, fairly normal for pizza, I guess. The pizza had pepperoni (very little), meatball (looked like ground beef to me, and little of it), green peppers (which were actually jalepeno, like the kind out of a jar), onion, and garlic (almost raw like they added it after the pizza came out of the oven), cheese, and a not so generous amount of sauce. The crust wasn't anything to marvel at, been getting too used to wood and coal fired ovens, I suppose.

Finished with the meal and my server was no where to be found, think she was splitting time between the bar and another eating area. Finally brought my check, said she would be right back to collect, another 10 minutes elapsed. Then, another 5 minutes to process a credit card. Get the picture?

Maybe I was on edge after having just gone through a hurricane, more likely they're a bit too slow in the service department.

• Visited October 2012