“Special Occasion Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn At Sugar Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 73 Restaurants in Mays Landing
Cuisines: American, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 40
Transit: Public service bus route has a scheduled stop within walking distance from the Inn.
Description: The Courier Post recently honored the Inn with three & a half stars boasting, “Owner/chef Larry Boylan has put a kitchen full of thought into his waterside Inn at Sugar Hill.” That “thought” process has been ongoing for Boylan & his Inn for 22 years now, with no signs of letting up. “ I believe a good dining experience has the ability to not only nourish the body, but also nourish a persons’ soul… to be able to reach out & touch someone on that level is a high that gives me a lot of satisfaction & motivates me”, states Boylan. As an authentic Country Inn, the Inn at Sugar Hill has always strives to provide old world hospitality to both its’ dining & bed & breakfast guests. This philosophy has led to creating menus that reflect not only current culinary trends, but also respect the palates of those less adventurous. “Before I print a new menu I always look it over & say… what are my parents going to order & then… what are my teenage daughters going to like!
Lower Bank, NJ
“Special Occasion Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Pricey but worth it for special occasions.

We are locals, so consistency has been there forever.

Enclosed porch has best views of Egg Harbor River, but floor slopes (literally)

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

EHT
“So So Valentine's dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had booked a room and dinner at the Sugar Hill Inn for valentine's night. We were lead out to the lounge instead of the dining room when we came downstairs at our reservation time. It was very cold out there despite the electric fireplace that was going. We waited a VERY long time to even get a bread basket. Over an hour later we finally received our dinner! Now I understand that they were busy, but we seemed to be getting overlooked back there in the corner, and everyone else was getting food but us. Now the food was very good, even though my husband and I ordered the same steak, cooked the same way, and we each received our steaks cooked differently from each other, and differently than what we asked. I asked if they had any live music, etc., it being a holiday, and I was told no, they did not want to pay on the price of that to their customers!! So when they have live music they raise the prices?! We noticed in the morning that the other couples eating breakfast were also some of the other couples eating dinner in the lounge the night before. If this is their policy to have the people that are staying with them out on the porch instead of the nicer dining room, they should have stated that. Will probably not return

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“Historic inn overlooking the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We happened to be passing through May's Landing and asked a local resident for a nice place to eat. We were fortunate to be sent to the lovely Inn at Sugar Hill. The dining rooms of the inn are attractively decorated and the bar area is very pretty. Our lunch was wonderfully prepared and the price of the meals was incredibly affordable. We will definitely go back when were in the area. The oyster po'boy is excellent!

• Visited December 2013
Medford, New Jersey, United States
“amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I were married at the Inn in 2007, which was a great experience, we hadn't been there since, so we decided to drive almost an hour last night for dinner...I cannot express the perfection of this meal...I started with a much needed French vanilla martini...my husband had the filet mignon and crab cake and I had the flounder stuffed with crab imperial. The sides were all excellent, especially the homemade stewed tomatoes and round-cut red potatoes. the warm bread and homemade crackers with sesame and poppy seeds was also amazing! For dessert my husband had the house dessert which is a puff pastry filled with an incredible vanilla mousse and I had the cannoli, which had the best filling I have ever had! The atmosphere is warm and inviting and very clean! There were also many people enjoying themselves conversing around the bar area but it was very cozy and not noisy at all...Our waitress was friendly and attentive and everyone was welcoming...the young bus boy kept our water glasses full...I would love to spend a night at the Inn in the near future and experience breakfast...their chef is excellent...My only disappointment is that we waited so long to go back...we will make it a regular stop on our list of favorite restaurants!

• Visited January 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The restaurant is far better then the sleeping accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Spent 4 nights here for business and was not very impressed with the accommodations. The food in the restaurant however was very good. If ever in Mays Landing again I will make sure to go eat here once more. I was on business alone but found a spot at the bar and had a good time and ate well.

• Visited October 2013