“Fine dining, Friendly Service, Fantastic View” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn At Sugar Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Mays Landing
Cuisines: American, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 40
Transit: Public service bus route has a scheduled stop within walking distance from the Inn.
Description: The Courier Post recently honored the Inn with three & a half stars boasting, “Owner/chef Larry Boylan has put a kitchen full of thought into his waterside Inn at Sugar Hill.” That “thought” process has been ongoing for Boylan & his Inn for 22 years now, with no signs of letting up. “ I believe a good dining experience has the ability to not only nourish the body, but also nourish a persons’ soul… to be able to reach out & touch someone on that level is a high that gives me a lot of satisfaction & motivates me”, states Boylan. As an authentic Country Inn, the Inn at Sugar Hill has always strives to provide old world hospitality to both its’ dining & bed & breakfast guests. This philosophy has led to creating menus that reflect not only current culinary trends, but also respect the palates of those less adventurous. “Before I print a new menu I always look it over & say… what are my parents going to order & then… what are my teenage daughters going to like!
Westminster, Maryland
“Fine dining, Friendly Service, Fantastic View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I visited the Inn at Sugar Hill while traveling by boat along the New Jersey Intra Coastal Waterway. Upon our arrival at the inn, Larry Boylan, the proprietor, met us at his dock. He helped us raft Ginny Belle (our boat) to his sailboat, and showed us to our room. That gesture was typical of the attentive service we enjoyed during our stay.

The Inn at Sugar Hill occupies a 175-year-old building and features a first class restaurant and five B&B style rooms. Our stay there was wonderful in every respect. Our room was modest but well appointed, nicely furnished, and with a view out over the water. The bed, was ahhhh comfortable. We opted for their “rendezvous special”, which includes a four-course dinner with the option of choosing anything on their extensive menu for each course. Our meals were great, and it was an incredible value. Breakfast was cooked to order by Larry, who has owned the inn for 26 years. We chose a crab, egg, and feta cheese with basil soufflé. It tasted even better than it sounds. Good coffee, fresh fruit, rolls and muffins rounded out a wonderful start to the day. Larry and his staff were more than accommodating; we hated to leave and plan to return someday.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lebanon, New Jersey
“Excellent meal, even better if you stay the night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The inn has a special price if you are staying the night - single price for 4 courses. It worked, because after some thought we decided to go for it. I started with a roasted pear salad with walnuts and goat cheese. Simply awesome. The light amount of dressing was just right and delicious. Lady had a crab cocktail - simple, but simply good. Next cup of butternut squash soup each - also very good. Lady had the captains plate of seafood... lobster, shrimp, scallops... again, simple and simply good. I had crab cake and small fillet. Crab cake was fine, but the small amount of mayo was a distraction. Fillet had great flavor. For dessert, the house dessert - excellent and white chocolate pudding - good (my wife's is better). Service was - dare I say again - simple, and simply good. Owner/chef Larry gives you extra attention. Go, stay, enjoy.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Absecon, New Jersey
“Sweet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I eat hear once a year. The food, service and atmosphere is excellent. They have a summer grill boat area. The view of the river is very enjoyable

Visited December 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Would not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We've been here a half dozen times over the past few years and had made reservations with another couple for 7PM on a recent Wednesday night in August. The place was not busy at all and there was one server. That the delay between courses was explicably long would have been reason enough to never return, but add to that the barely civil attitude of the server who brought the wrong bottle of wine to the table and refused to acknowledge the error, one starts to wonder who's in charge. Upon review of the credit card bill the next day, we realized that we had been mistakenly charged three times for our share of the bill, but when we contacted the chef/ owner to correct it,he refused to accept any responsibility for the error and in fact, became argumentative. Although the food here is good and the setting is pretty, the complete lack of customer service forces us to cross this one off the list-- permanently!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“Outside dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We wanted to eat outside cause it was a nice night. The atmosphere was great live music really good service great people. The food was good the steamed claims were great one the best I have had. The sandwich I had was ok, not great but not bad, the pizza was awful like cardboard. All and all I would go there again. Oh yea the kids loved feeding the ducks.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere