“It's Econo Lodge ,Don't expect more..” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Marmora
Providence, Rhode Island
“It's Econo Lodge ,Don't expect more..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Long Weekend. Booked 1 nite for our last minute trip to Atlantic City, AC. Hotel prices in AC area are insane. Since my reservation was last minute and it's free, the only avail room was smoking room for 4 adults 2 children. Reservation included roll-away bed, but didn't find one in the room. Had to cramped 4 adults 2 children in 2 beds. If I had to pay for my stay, I' would've walked out and go somewhere else.
Since it's a smoking room, I expected the smoky smell. The bathroom is dated. Old faucets, old shower heads, old tub, old floor, old toilet. But like I said, it's econo lodge, don't expect more. If you have money to spend, book somewhere else.

Stayed May 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, so that should say something. Folks, it's an Econo Lodge, nothing more. Anyone expecting world class accomodations maybe should take a closer look at the name of the place. That being said, I needed a place to sleep for a night before going to Ocean City the next day and not spend a fortune, and this place provides just that.

I booked a non-smoking king bed room and got just that. The smell of cleanser or air freshener in the room was quite overpowering, but not to the point that I couldn't breathe or relax or anything. That smell wasn't carpet cleaner because my socks failed the white sock test I give any hotel room. They were almost black within minutes.

The room was as basic as can be, bed, table, dresser, 19" color TV with cable and a remote that barely worked. There was actually a fairly new iron and ironing board in the room as well. Everything was in good shape, so at least they're trying to keep the place in shape. The bed and pillows were actually very comfortable

The bathroom was somewhat of a different story. It was very clean, but ancient. You could tell this hotel has been here for ages by going into the bathroom. The tub and sink were American Standard relics, the floor and wall were basic white tile. Everything worked fine though.

Just a few other notes, although the hotel is in an extremely quiet area, I was startled a few times during the night and early morning by other guests coming and going. You park right in front of your room and the windows must be very thin because I literally thought there was a car running in my room when the guests next door left. When their room door slammed I thought someone just came into my room, that's how loud it was. The last time I stayed here I had a room on the pool side of the hotel away from the parking spaces, and it was much quieter. If you can, maybe request a room there if they're available.

They also offer a continental breakfast, but it ended too early for me to make it. This is my biggest gripe for just about any hotel I visit. I like to sleep in on weekends. Apparently most places don't believe in that. Breakfast should go till 11am.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

I stayed here this weekend with a friend. We were in the area for business. This place was pretty old. We could not regulate the water temperature in the shower and sink. I think that the sheets were about 100 thread count, if that. The blankets and bedspreads smelled of mildew. The best had to be the shower head. I had the water on in the shower and it was so fine and stinging that I could not even see it coming out. I do not plan on ever returning to this hotel. There has to be something better in the area for the price.

• Disliked — The lack of upkeep
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

The motel was okay. My husband and I loved the jacuzzi and we slept absolutely great. We stayed there for 2 days. The only thing I wasn't happy about were the bugs. We didn't eat breakfast, we just grabbed a little bite just before leaving but that breakfast was a little bit disappointing.

• Liked — The jacuzzi
  • Disliked — The bugs in the room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

We were not happy with the condition of our room. When you first walked in, you were hit with a strong cleanser type odor. When you stayed in the room a little while longer, you noticed other smells that we thought were urine and mildew. The shower curtain definitely had a strong mildew odor so that is when we decided to check out. We stayed only 45 minutes when we packed up and left. Also, the baby pool was full of dirt and grass so I don't know how often it was cleaned out. We just didn't feel clean and didn't want to chance another room. The staff was very pleasant and didn't give us any trouble refunding our money. We stayed at the Impala Island Inn in Ocean City and was very happy with our room. It is worth spending the extra few bucks for peace of mind!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The odor in the room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2006

The first half of our stay we had a room with 2 double beds. The beds were awful - it felt as if we were sleeping on a trampoline!! The carpet needs to be replaced, it looks ok, but when I looked at my daughter's feet - they were black!!! YUCK! The bathroom definitely needs to be updated, but was clean. The light/exhaust fan combo in the bathroom is very loud as another person has stated in a previous review, but there is a nightlight on the side of the hairdryer on the wall - so use that for the nighttime trips to the bathroom so you don't wake everyone up!

The second half of our stay we stayed in a room with a king bed which was pretty comfy. The bathroom was in slightly better shape than the first room, clean, but still needs updating.

The pools (baby and adult) were a disappointment. They are in desperate need of repair - there are BAD patch jobs everywhere. The sides of the pool above the water line are BLACK - gross! They need a good scrubbing! The pool area itself hasn't been weeded in a long time.

We skipped on the free breakfast - didn't look too appetizing! There is a McDonalds 4 miles down on rt. 9 in Seaville as well as Dino's Diner, which was very good.

All in all, we would stay here again. I have paid a lot more for a lot less. It's a pretty good value for the money. Beats paying twice as much for a hotel in OC. This hotel is only a few minutes from the beach, was clean and didn't have that dirty flip-flop smell! The staff was friendly.

• Liked — clean rooms, price
  • Disliked — the pool
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

This motel was great. Clean room, coffee maker, frig, micro wave etc. The room was very clean. The motel is a little old, but the staff and the price made up for it. The breakfast was pretty good to.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!