“Disgusting, Scary” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Marmora
Rochester, New York
“Disgusting, Scary”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

When we arrived their were people partying in the rooms with doors open. Very scary people. We had reserved 3 rooms and one smelled like urine. The other was next door to some of the "party goers", the other room had a hole in the wall where the door knob had repeatedly smashed thru. Needless to say, we didnt stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is a welfare Motel , they are renting rooms to welfare ( section 8) it was horrible drug dealing going on all night long and we were scared for ourselves and our car. Choice hotel should advertize that this location is renting to welfare people , Please dont go to this place your vacation will turn into a nightmare.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I'm gonna keep this short and to the point. Cigarette holes in the sheets. Dirty towels. We got a room with a jacuzzi and the jets were not working. Stains on the carpet that Look like there were from bodily fluids. Paint was chipped and was patched up with scotch tape. Pool was supposed to open at 9am and opened at 9:30am. Ice machine is inside of the check in office and office closed at 10pm. The man at the check-in night window was sleeping and when I rang the bell to get some ice he woke up mad and angry. He snatched the ice bucket through the window not saying a word and filled it with ice. I ended up throwing the ice away because his hands were dirty. Check-out is at 11am. Hotel management knocked on our door at 10:45am to rush us out of the room. Horrible stay, Horrible service... Crappy Motel. I'm never coming back to this place. This was the only time that I went away for a little get away but wanted to come home more than anything... uh.. so miserable

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

An absolute nightmare! I made reservations for two family members (and two beds) to attend a wedding, they stayed Friday and Saturday checkout on Sunday. I went and prepaid for the rooms while in the area and left the keys at the front desk. When my guests arrived (two women) the door to the room was wide open and plenty of mosquitoes and moths had filled the room along with other flying insects. The room only had one bed so my guests went to get moved and inquire about the fact that the room had been open and infested with bugs. The poor excuse for customer service rep said that I life the door open (not possible when I left the keys at the front desk) and instead of moving them to a room with two beds he said “that’s what you get, it is what it is”. No sorry kiss my a$$ and no comp! Don’t go here ever!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

In an area that's very overpriced at times, we felt this hotel served our needs very well. It was quiet, rooms were clean enough, the owners were absolutely kind and helpful. One night I wanted to check internet and had to beg the night worker to let me do it, he was a bit of a grump I thought...but the owners I'm certain would have let me in without question. I thought the breakfast was fine, even had hard boiled eggs. The pool was open but I didn't get a chance to use it, it looked fine too. Again, I felt that for the reasonable price, this was VERY fine.

• Stayed August 2009
Silver Spring, MD USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I was not expecting much from an Econo Lodge, but my room was perfectly fine - clean, no smell, no bugs, no stains, etc.! The bed was pretty comfortable, and the place was quiet. I was on the inside (looking out over the pool, obviously closed for the season), so there were no cars starting up in the morning to wake me. I think that when the person on the desk realized I was a woman traveling alone, he gave me a room in a very quiet section, which I appreciated. There were few people in that wing. The price was very reasonable, although I forgot to ask for my AAA discount before checking in - perhaps could have saved more! (There was a sign stating that you must ask for discounts when you check in, so I didn't push it.) Breakfast was so-so - waffles and pastries you could heat up, cereal, etc. Nothing special, but for the price, I couldn't complain. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, and a computer you could use in the lobby. Overall, this hotel was a good choice. (I had wanted to stay in Cape May, but the prices there, even in a rainy, cold weekend in October, were absolutely ridiculous, and most places required a two night stay on the weekend. Driving 25 minutes up the Garden State to Marmora was no big deal.)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Adirondack Foothills of NY State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Our destination was Ocean City NJ, but knowing we would be arriving late in the day, we reserved a room here instead of the B & B on the island ... we saved our money for 2 days there. We weren't expecting anything glamorous. We weren't disappointed. Our room was clean, everything worked. The staff (husband and wife) were friendly. It appeared that there was only one other couple staying overnight .. but there were several vehicles in the parking lot. Upon further inspection, we realized that we parked next to a car with an expired NJ registration and inspection ... by 2 years! Another vehicle also had expired plates and inspection and had a flat tire ... what's with that? Our breakfast choices were very limited and there was only 3 pieces of fresh fruit for 4 people. We'd stay again, but only overnight.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!