“Meh, just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
New Jersey
“Meh, just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

It was a busy Sunday night and I'm always wary of any place that's not a diner and has a zillion menu items.

This is a typical summer seasonal restaurant, open Memorial Day through late September, and the food quality is just average.

I was in the mood for fish 'n' chips and was disappointed that it was not on the menu. Instead, I had something called the Crab-a-rooni, which was described as petit filet with jumbo lump crab meat - I asked for my meat medium rare and the waitress gave me a funny look. No wonder, since the dish is essentially a beef stroganoff. Awful sauce, tasted like the kind used in chipped beef. The "petit filet" was sliced and pounded beyond recognition, but the saving grace was the very generous amount of crabmeat. I double-checked to make sure it was genuine and not the imitation crablegs, and sure enough, it was real, and very tasty too. Accompaniments for dinners are chef's choice of starch and vegetable. The vegetable was broccoli/carrot/cauliflower which was just ok, but the o'Brien potatoes were pretty dreadful - instead of slices, the potatoes were quartered, and most of them are not cooked through. ick.

This pop-up restaurant doesn't make their own salad dressing either, as I recognized the Parmesan peppercorn as the exact one made by Kraft that I have in my fridge at home.

One of my friends ordered the Philly cheesesteak and although the meat/cheese/onions, etc. looked appetizing and were pretty good, all of us were horrified at the bread roll that it came in - it looked like one of those Pepperidge Farm heat'n'serve dinner rolls before they're put in the oven. That roll was white as a sheet - come on, you couldn't brown it up a little??

Won't be back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ocean City, New Jersey
“Great Time, Better staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

On a recent visit to Yesterday's we managed to catch some live music on the deck. A band called Space Camp was playing. They were great. We had dinner inside and couldnt have been more satisfied. the service was great and the food delicious. We only had one little hiccup but that was quickly taken care of by the new manager Greg. Dont know where they hired him from but he's a keeper. Overall a great spot, thats why we keepcoming back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fun, family friendly restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Sometimes, at the end of a beach day in Ocean City, you just want a nice "frosty" beverage with your dinner. We head over to Yesterday's. They are very family friendly with multiple items on the kids menu but they also have plenty of tasty items to please the adults. The menu has a lot of pub grub appetizers, sandwiches, burgers and wraps but they do offer delicious entrees as well. The bar is well stocked with some fun beer selections. This is one of our Ocean City Shrines--must visit on vacation.

Visited June 2012
Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Good Prices, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant one late Spring Friday night. It was a busy "Summer" weekend at the height of the dinner rush so we had to wait, but the time given was accurate. I had drum fish off their specials menu and an order of steamers. The steamers were good (though a monkey can make good steamers) and the fish was excellent. It was cooked and seasoned well and the accompaniments were also delicious and worked with the meal. Service was friendly and adequate.

The one issue was the outside bar in the back of the restaurant. We decided to have a drink while waiting and decided to sit and wait there for our turn to be seated. It was basically the bar tender and his friends and felt more like we were intruding on some friends and the bartender getting together than we were valued customers.

All in all, the food was good and the prices were reasonable. I do recommend if looking for a good place to grab something to eat when visiting the Jersey Shore.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Located over the 34th street bridge outside of Ocean City is a great place to enjoy typlical happy hour munchies and $2 well drinks! Food we had was typical bar food as we did not try entrees. Servers are young and certainly not over endearing but still worth a leisurely visit.

• Visited July 2012