“Good” 4 of 5 stars

732-617-1700
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brioso Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 36 restaurants in Marlboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I thought the food was fine. Portions were a little small but good. Service was good. When It gets too crowded, it gets very noisy, but I would probably go back during the week for lunch.

Visited October 2013

59% Recommend
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great Food, too noisy & crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Have eaten here a half dozen times over the years. Went with another couple on a Saturday night.
First, the bad. We arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation, they gave away our table. They offered us a table near the door. My friend & wife were constantly bumped into by staff & diners all night. The tables are too close together and the place is very noisy. I try not to go to Brioso's on weekends, another reminder.
The good. Had the scungilli fra diablo appetizer, excellent & tender. The other couple had the grilled baby octopus, I thought it was a bit rubbery but they enjoyed it.
Two of us had the rack of lamb in fig reduction, excellent. My friend had the pork shank, he liked it, I thought it had great flavor but it was a little dry. (He usually orders meat well done).
My wife said her shrimp was fine, did not taste it. Had the pear in wine for dessert, very good, Coffee was weak. The service was excellent and we were able to dine at our own pace.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Brioso was the perfect place to celebrate my anniversary.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Our anniversary dinner couldn't be better. I completely recommend this place to you all. The food was delicious and the ambiance was very warm. I had the ossobuco with such tender meat and creamy rice. My husband had the homemade pasta stuffed with pears and Brie. Omg. Out of this world.
I also returned to brioso with a group of my friends. We had such a good time. The waiter was very pleasant and the chef was very welcoming. We will now be regulars!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manalapan, New Jersey, United States
“An experienced patron.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been coming here about 5 to 8 times a year for 20 years. Here's the low-down. Always crowded on peak days and dining hours. They do not have a comfortable inside waiting area or a well thought out process of moving folks in and out. It's usually chaotic and usually a wait. A bit loud during peak hours and service can be inconsistent and slow during those crazy hours -- usually due to appearing to be understaffed. This place can be nuts. There are a number of tables for two upfront and in various nooks, that are uncomfortable and poorly placed, but hey you get a seat. We tend to go mid-week or early to avoid said problems.

That said, when the kitchen is on, the food is great, as a matter-of-fact, the best around. They offer tons of specials and I love the 2 or 3 lb lobster and zesty linguini and various seafood specials. The linguini and clam sauce simply cannot be beat. We rarely have had a bad meal. Our only off nights, usually packed Friday or Saturday nights or when they are packed with a large party, service can be slow as food simply not their most tasty and elegant. So hit or miss for their best during peak hours.

Prices are in line, not too expensive, considering all and I suggest to not be shy to ask prices of specials.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Matawan, New Jersey
“Good place to eat if you meet the guidelines”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I frequented the restaurant on a regular basis and when I called for reservations the manager (B....) knew me. The food is usually good at a reasonable price and a BYOB restaurant ten minutes from home. The wait was not a problem since the serving staff was constantly moving turning over tables and bringing dishes. However, we stopped going and shared with the manager the reasons and disappointment at on our last visit. Guests at the restaurant are not treated the same. After frequenting the restaurant since it opened with only the original center space we became tired of being treated as second class citizens. Yes, this particular head waiter appreciated the "generous cash" tips which he pocketed before going to the register and therefore not sharing with the servers but he treats Hispanics as inferior customers and sits them as close to the kitchen as possible. The best area closes to the where the glasses are kept is reserved for "white" customers. By the way, this waiter is Hispanic with very prominent features but pretends to be Italian with a fake accent unlike my husband and I that unless we give you our surname you could not identify our ethnicity. The owner and his daughter who occasionally hosts are probably not aware of the practice.

It is disappointing to see such practices by people who should know better and who experience similar experiences. The restaurant is a good place for dinner if you meet the requirements.

• Visited April 2013