“A step back in time for my wife.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Maple Shade
Cuisines: Pizza
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A step back in time for my wife.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Visiting back east so we went to this place, as my wife grew up going here. I actually enjoyed the pizza; not the best I have had but not the worst. The marinara sauce was excellent. I was not thrilled with our service staff, and I thought they spent a little too much time socializing with each other near the cashier....that is not a postive message to the customers.

The previous criticism about the prices is fair; the kid's meals went for $8.95. I thought that, and some other prices, were a bit high for a strip mall restaurant.

So, I think my wife had better experiences here back in the day. For 2011, there seem to be plenty of other options in the area that may exceed your night here.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

South Jersey
“Don't go there!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Overpriced. Imagine seeing a menu price of $6.95 and then finding out the real price is $9:05 because you ordered peppers on the side. And feeling sick after doesn't make it seem worth it. Lots of better choices around.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Ridiculously overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

Twice I have ordered take-out from Sal and Joe's. The first time, the price was much higher than I expected, and I was told that the prices had gone up since they'd updated their website. No apology, no adjustment. I waited about two years before deciding to try again. I ordered a plain pizza ($12.95) and two side salads as well as a serving of plain, dry rigatoni for my son. The person taking my order on the phone even laughed when I asked for it, and I explained that it was because I have no kitchen right now. When my husband came home, the bill was for $35. I called the restaurant, assuming it was a mistake, and was told that they charged me $10 for a much less than full serving of plain pasta with no sides or sauce. Not only is the pasta ridiculously overpriced, it was cold by the time we got it. Again, no apology. I was just told that if I'd asked for a "side of pasta," he might have charged me less. Might? I will never eat at this restaurant again. Nothing they make justifies their prices or their lack of consideration for customer service.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love their pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

Love their pizza

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always great food and service. A local staple.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

Always great food and service. A local staple.