“Good for the price you pay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Philadelphia - Maple Shade

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Philadelphia - Maple Shade to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Philadelphia - Maple Shade
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2868 Route 73 North, Maple Shade, NJ 08052   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Maple Shade
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Good for the price you pay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not bad, has a kitchenette, makes you feel at home that you can cook meals. A little smaller than I thought it was going to be, but otherwise a good stay because it has everything you need. I stayed two times, the second time was a little bit better room wise because it was on the other side of the second floor. I like the updated rooms much much better. It looks cleaner, makes you feel more at home and just puts me to ease.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are updated so make sure you ask for those
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Consider paying a little more to get good average accommodations. Everything about my stay was bad. You get what you pay for! If your standards are low, this is the place for you! I'm all about value but this is one one place to reconsider paying a little more!

• Stayed March 2013
Manager-TOH, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Philadelphia - Maple Shade, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am truly sorry to hear you were disappointed with our Crossland Hotel in Maple Shade. I truly appreciate your feedback. We strive to improve by reading and addressing all of our guest concerns. I hope that you will contact me directly at agonzalez@extendedstay.com should you wish to discuss your concerns further. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to make it right!
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I needed a place to stay while working in Philadelphia. It was a short distance to where I needed to be The staff was friendly. The price was cheap so I decided to stay there. Not my first choice but it was okay. I think people live there as their permanent residence. People do have their pets there. I don't think I would stay there again if I were vacationing though. If you don't mind being in a shelter-type atmosphere and you just mind your business you will be okay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Philadelphia - Maple Shade, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Philadelphia - Maple Shade. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. .

Your feedback will help us make our hotel even better in the future, and I hope you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked this hotel through the Extended Plus Program because I had a three month clinical rotation in the area and the rate was around $30 per night (which is excellent on a student's budget). I have stayed at many hotels of the Extended Stay franchise and I have always been pleased with quality of service. I am not a very picky person and all that I require is cleanliness and a lack of bugs. These requirements were not met at ths awful place that should be shut down by the better business bureau. I am so upset by the 2 months that I spent there that I am not sure where to begin to describe the horrors of this place.

When I checked in, I was given a room that REEKED of stale and fresh smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. There was a thick black mold lining the walls of the bathroom and there were cigarette burns on the carpet, comforter, and furniture. I attempted to Febreeze everything, but to no avail. I complained at the front desk and they gave me another room that at least didn't smell of smoke, but a similar burn pattern throughout the room with a filthy stained carpet that looked like it had been there since the 1950's. There was a 1/2 inch crack in the front door and there were consistently strange bugs, spiders, and earwigs throughout the room. All of the bed linens were a yellowed color and had an incredibly musty smell. Since I had signed the Extended Plus agreement, I tried to make it work and purchased lots of cleaning products to try to freshen the place up.

The weekly housekeeping was a joke. Every week there was something that was not done (mostly vaccuming of the dead bugs up and cleaning of the bathroom/kitchen floors). Often the towerls that were replenished had grass clippings or other bits of debris on them. I complained every week about the cleaning staff. I once found a dirty towel on my table in the room on top of my personal items. Some times the scheduled cleaning didn't occur and then the next day when I wasn't prepared for them, they moved my personal items from the bed and threw them in a pile on the floor.

The power went out for 24 hours and I was told rudely that it wasn't there fault and that they would not compensate me for the night. Outrageous! I called the corporate office and they were very kind in sending me 2 vouchers for 2 nights at an Extended Stay in another nearby town and they profusely apologized for the service that I received or rather didn't receive. They spoke with the manager of this site about the problems mostly the housekeeping. I packed up my car and left that place and went to the Extended Stay in Horsham which was a completely different story. It was more expensive per night, but actually worthy of being called a hotel rather than a slum.

The response that the manager issued to another review on this site is a joke. They know very well that their rooms are not good quality and that the site is very run down. Of course they have heard of these complaints, but they don't care because they keep receiving business due to the excellent nightly, weekly, and extended stay rate.

There are sketchy people hanging around all hours of the day and I also do not recommend this palce for women travelling alone. I highly recommend that you stay far, far away from this place. The only pros are that the water pressure is good and it is nice to have a kitchen. Other than that, this place is absolutely the WORST hotel that I have ever stayed in my entire life. This place should be condemned.

Room Tip: The bottom floors so that after you check in and realize how horrible it is, you can make a quick ge...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Philadelphia - Maple Shade, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The conditions you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is prepairing to receive many upgrades at the hotel that will enhance every guests stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel has bed bugs and it took the hotel over 3 days to check after complaining of bites. They only told us that an exterminator confirmed bed bugs after asking, but were just going to let us check out without letting us know. The hotel gave a new room but didn't think it was necessary to check that room for bugs. Do not stay here. I would rate this zero stars if it would allow you to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-PCH, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Philadelphia - Maple Shade, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Philadelphia - Maple Shade. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In response to your comments about pests in your room, we have inspected all rooms and made any necessary treatments to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We booked two nights in november 2011. The place was in the middle of nowhere. Twenty minutes driving from Philadelphia, and you have to paid a toll to go to the city. So if you think it has a good price, forget it, because you have to add the gas and the turnpike.

Plus the place was awful. When we arrived a lot of people opened his room doors to see what was happening. The room has a horrible smell (mix the smoke and the wet smell) and it was a non smoking room. They dont clean the rooms. We found dead insects in the kitchen cabinets, and their poops were in the dishes. The bathroom and the kitchen floors were dirty. We had one table on the room but only with one chair.

The worse of the room was the bathroom: It was dirty, old and full of cigarette burnings.

Look at the pictures and you will see what kind of place is this.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

"No-frills" is too kind of a word to describe this hotel. The front desk looks like it belongs at an old DMV and the rooms resemble one in a tenement.

I actually felt unsafe as a woman staying alone in this place. There are questionable character hanging around in the stairwells and I walked fast to my room, fearing for my safety, locked the door, and wedged it with the back of the chair.

It is a plus having a kitchenette however. The furnishings in the room are so old and decrepit that if they were listed free on craigslist, nobody would want them. I'm surprised I didn't come home with bedbugs.

Bottom line, if you want a rock bottom price, are a big man not afraid of questionable characters in the dark, and only care about having a bed to sleep at night, this is the place for you. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend spending another $20 or so and getting a better nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Philadelphia - Maple Shade? Share your experiences!