“Not mentioned in any other review....” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2798 Route 73 North, Maple Shade, NJ 08052   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Maple Shade
Bristol
“Not mentioned in any other review....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This hotel is the cheapest in the area and is a 10 minute drive from Woodcrest PATCO Station (effectively unlimited free parking), from where (for $6 return) you can take a train into the very centre of Philadelphia.

If this is all you can afford and have a car it's perfect for seeing Philadelphia. It's a Motel 6 so its a bit run down and (you can tell by the sign) not a Hilton or a Marriot. The area is not "dodgy" or "scary" - its on a strip mall and there are people around. Most of them aren't the bogeyman.

Ignore the reviews of the precious people below and the people who tell you to stump up the extra $50 a night and stay in Philadelphia, unless you're precious yourself or you can afford the extra cash, in which case why are you reading the review of a Motel 6 15 miles away?

Stay here if its all you can afford and you can see Philadelphia no worries.

Oh, and could one of you write to your Congressman or whatever you call them about being made to pay for wi-fi? What is this the 1930s?

Room Tip: Take the room you get given? You could ask for one where you can see the size of the line at Popeyes...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

The hotel was nice, nothing to write home about but it was very clean. The staff were curteous and helpful and overall we had a good time on our trip. The maids kept the rooms clean and most importantly there were no bugs. The down side was that the pool was closed (which was not a huge deal as we didn't choose this hotel based on that feature but it could be a problem for others) and the ice machine was broken and the days we stayed were very hot and cold drinks were a necessity. Also a major issue was that the hotel address was not found through the GPS which caused some initial problems in locating it so map out the trip before relying solely on technology.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Middleboro, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed in a non-smoking room, but it still REEKED of cigarettes. There were stains all over the curtains and there was some kind of substance on the chair. It looked like gum. I didn't feel particularly safe and I blocked the door with my belongings. There was no ice or vending machine near my room, which meant I'd have to walk back across the sketchy parking and around to another building to get something, which I didn't. The shower was the worst thing, for me. It's a stall shower, which is fine but there were no shelves, so all of my stuff had to go on the floor. Then, because of the curtain, which was convex, all of the water kept getting out of the shower. Therefore, when I got out of the shower, there was a pond in the bathroom. A minor point: the tv was crappy! There were only about 5 channels but I couldn't figure out which channel was what because they had no channel guide. There was no binder that had information about how to get to places in the area or "things to do" in the area. I mean that's minor but I still would have liked to have it. For the cost, I wasn't expecting miracles, but the cigarette smell, alone, was enough to make it not worth the value.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

What a difference $20 and 1/2 a mile makes. I decided to change to the Motel 6 from the Red Roof Inn right down the street because it was $20 cheaper... never again. Talk about the epitome of the worst Motel 6 you can think of. The place was literally falling apart, crumbling concrete, carpet becoming unglued. Top that off with having to change rooms because the first bath tub had backed up and had brown water sitting in it. In the 2nd room, it took forever for the water in the sink to go down - just sewer nastiness in general. The whole place was just disgusting. On top of that - you have to pay for wireless! The staff was nice, but who cares when the place is so gross? Avoid this place like the plague, 'cause you just might catch it there...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

The day I arrived ( A Sat.) I got there early, about 10 A.M., so I had to wait for my room as check out is at 12P.M.. Understandable, the staff was so helpful they could not have been more hospitable and the Manager was able to clean a room and get me in in about an hour. I have stayed in alot of Motels/hotels from 3 star to 5 star and none of them coi;ld or would have accomodated me any better. Needless to say I was very pleased, the area is mostly all commercial business with lots of restaurants ( mostly fast food) with a sprinkling of better eat in places thrown in the mix. If malls are of interest to you the motel is a stones throw from the Moorestown Mall. There is a Walmart down the road about 7 miles away as well. My room was clean and well kept, a/c worked perfectly and housekeeping was there for all of my needs daily. It is a Pet friendly motel which is a huge plus for me saves me the cost of boarding my dog when I have to travel, nice grassy areas for her to do her business with NO poop left over from other pets. The pool is spotless and located in the back of the motel far from the front which is right on Rte 73 where there is a ton of traffic. What else can I say, I will use this motel again and again and refer others too. You must keep in mind this is a "Value Motel" not the 4 Seasons!!! That being said for the rate ($32.16 per night :) you cannot beat it!!! Very nice my hats off to MIke and the rest of the staff they were there for my needs every step of my stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011 via mobile

The property, room and staff were well beyond what I expected. I was just looking for a good nites rest before getting back on the road, nothing fancy. The service and attitude of the staff made me feel like I was the a big deal. The location itself is confusing but then the no left turns etc in Jersey are just confusing all around! Overall, nice big room, GREAT staff & I plan on coming back when the pool is open!

• Stayed April 2011
Gardner, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

My husband and I rented a room for a few hours for a quick nap on our way from Massachusetts to North Carolina. Cheap money ($55), the room was so gross that we actually slept with our clothes on-on top of the sheets. The heat/AC unit was blowing out some gross smell/odor, that it almost made me gag. I guess we should have moved on to the next hotel when we had to speak to the front desk manager thru a bullet proof glass window. Save your money!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Philadelphia - Mt Laurel? Share your experiences!