“Dirty, run down, hideous...” 1 of 5 stars

You added Motel 6 Philadelphia - Mt Laurel to your Saves list
Motel 6 Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2798 Route 73 North, Maple Shade, NJ 08052   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Maple Shade
“Dirty, run down, hideous...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

What a difference $20 and 1/2 a mile makes. I decided to change to the Motel 6 from the Red Roof Inn right down the street because it was $20 cheaper... never again. Talk about the epitome of the worst Motel 6 you can think of. The place was literally falling apart, crumbling concrete, carpet becoming unglued. Top that off with having to change rooms because the first bath tub had backed up and had brown water sitting in it. In the 2nd room, it took forever for the water in the sink to go down - just sewer nastiness in general. The whole place was just disgusting. On top of that - you have to pay for wireless! The staff was nice, but who cares when the place is so gross? Avoid this place like the plague, 'cause you just might catch it there...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

The day I arrived ( A Sat.) I got there early, about 10 A.M., so I had to wait for my room as check out is at 12P.M.. Understandable, the staff was so helpful they could not have been more hospitable and the Manager was able to clean a room and get me in in about an hour. I have stayed in alot of Motels/hotels from 3 star to 5 star and none of them coi;ld or would have accomodated me any better. Needless to say I was very pleased, the area is mostly all commercial business with lots of restaurants ( mostly fast food) with a sprinkling of better eat in places thrown in the mix. If malls are of interest to you the motel is a stones throw from the Moorestown Mall. There is a Walmart down the road about 7 miles away as well. My room was clean and well kept, a/c worked perfectly and housekeeping was there for all of my needs daily. It is a Pet friendly motel which is a huge plus for me saves me the cost of boarding my dog when I have to travel, nice grassy areas for her to do her business with NO poop left over from other pets. The pool is spotless and located in the back of the motel far from the front which is right on Rte 73 where there is a ton of traffic. What else can I say, I will use this motel again and again and refer others too. You must keep in mind this is a "Value Motel" not the 4 Seasons!!! That being said for the rate ($32.16 per night :) you cannot beat it!!! Very nice my hats off to MIke and the rest of the staff they were there for my needs every step of my stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

The property, room and staff were well beyond what I expected. I was just looking for a good nites rest before getting back on the road, nothing fancy. The service and attitude of the staff made me feel like I was the a big deal. The location itself is confusing but then the no left turns etc in Jersey are just confusing all around! Overall, nice big room, GREAT staff & I plan on coming back when the pool is open!

• Stayed April 2011
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

My husband and I rented a room for a few hours for a quick nap on our way from Massachusetts to North Carolina. Cheap money ($55), the room was so gross that we actually slept with our clothes on-on top of the sheets. The heat/AC unit was blowing out some gross smell/odor, that it almost made me gag. I guess we should have moved on to the next hotel when we had to speak to the front desk manager thru a bullet proof glass window. Save your money!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

Charged money on my credit card even though my reservation was cancelleed. The manager Brantley Stricklend promised to return the money however did not do even. Never available whenever we call. Cheap strategy to run hotel business.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Nice and cheap place to live in. but the area is not so good, its located right on rt 73 and looks very unsecured in night times. rooms are neat. rates are not so cheaper but normal among others in that area. internet costs 3$ per night. few restaurants are located near by.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Newberry, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

This Motel was so dirty I found myself vomiting in the middle of the night due to mold smell coming from the AC unit.
We arrived to check in and were greeted with difficulty, the day before I had changed my arrival date to arrive one day sooner than planned. The check in personel could not locate my reservation and offered much difficulty checking in. I proposed just renting me the room for the night then checking in the following morning on my initial reservation. I am glad that i did not pay for all 3 nights up front.
We got to the room and it smelled musty which was acceptable since the ac was not on already.
I quickly turned the ac unit on and noticed a thick layer of mold growing on the unit.
I then went to check the bed for cleanliness and found several small stains on the sheets and ALOT of cigarette burns all over the room (this was a non smoking room) there was even an ashtray in the room by the phone. I made my way across the tiny room to the bathroom which was sadly in need of many repairs. Flipped the light on and saw several small spiders run for cover (better than roaches I guess, lol). The worst part of the bathroom was the shower curtain with a hole big enough a person could crawl thru it, it was moldy and needed replaced immediatly. The shower itself had not been scrubbed in many months, there was visible grim all over.
The blankets are very itchy and the bed was lumpy, uncomfortable, and lacking spring.
I went to the front office and asked for a replacement shower curtain so I could hang it myself, there was no way the one hanging there with the hole in it was going to work at keeping the water in. The office staff did not have a replacement but offered to send someone first thing in the morn to have it replaced, this did not happen.
After a horrible night of unrest and vomiting I decided to change hotels. The price at this place was great but not the cleanliness. The topping on all of this was when we loaded the truck up we had found that one of the friendly patrons discarded their half eaten candy bar into the back of our truck, which would have been easily cleaned up had it not been for the beaming sun melting it into the bedliner of the truck. Thank you Motel 6 for reminding me "You get what you pay for".
Oh and the Pool was closed for a few days.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Philadelphia - Mt Laurel? Share your experiences!