“How sweet it is!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Weehawken, New Jersey
“How sweet it is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

WHAT A GEM! And I wish I had photos to share but ate everything too quickly - sorry! We're staying in Manasquan this wknd and I just can't stop coming to this amazing bakery! This bakery is how a bakery should be! They make delicious full strength coffees, home brewed iced teas and the baked treats...mmm Sinfully delicious! Everything is made fresh and thoughtfully prepared. This morning, we tried their vanilla scone and chocolate croissant, spinach quiche that were all equally scrumptious! We're definitely returning very soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

The Jersey Shore
“Best coffee/tea place in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Some of these reviews are ridiculous. Kate and her staff are all exceptionally friendly and wonderful. Great coffee, teas and fresh baked goods. In an era when there's a Dunkin Donuts around every corner, this is a privately owned operation that always exceeds my expectations.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
point pleasant beach
“High Tea Was High Priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I took my friend for high tea to celebrate her birthday. We were disappointed in the sparce amount of food offered for the high price of twenty five dollars each. After tip and tax the total came to $63.00. I recommend The Black Trumpet for lunch. A complete lunch is only $14.95 with several delicious entrees to choose from.
Perhaps the owner will reduce the price and make it more affordable. After all, it's the shore not NYC.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ortley Beach, NJ
“Owner could use a lesson or two in Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

When I called to book at this tiny establishment, the owner Kate, was abrupt and rude. Then after complaining how overextended she was, she berated me when I explained that I did not have the correct information from a staff member of hers. So, without even stepping foot into this place, I am giving it an F rating due to my feeling that I was unwanted as a customer there.

• Visited May 2012
Howell
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

What a great little place. If it hadnt been for a deal on Living Social I wouldnt have even know this place exsisted. I'm so glad I found out about this place. Great selection of teas and the desserts, cupcakes, biscotti, brownies, scones are to die for. My friend and I went for High Tea. You must make reservations for that. What a wonderful way to spend a late afternoon. You choose several teas to try and they bring you a three tier plate rack filled with sandwiches, scones and desserts. The dress there is casual, some people wore shorts, jeans a nice top and some wore dresses. A family had brought their little girls who were dressed up in flowered dresses, so cute. It is a great idea for a mommy and me day. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable about their products so dont be afraid to ask about ingredients if you have dietary concerns. Even if you dont go for High Tea make it a point to stop by this place and sample some of their goodies! Yum.

• Visited May 2012