“Love it!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 71
Transit: One block West of Manasquan Train Station
Description: Firefly ... An American Bistro, welcomes you to Monmouth County's newest premiere BYOB. New American Cuisine presented by Chef Lou Smith. A culmination of local farm fresh ingredients with a whimsical, artful approach to presentations. The dining room is a modern, inviting, comfortable space with all the elements in mind. Come join us where a warm summer evening is always "Captured" ... at "Firefly"
Westfield, New Jersey
“Love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were so very pleased with our experience at FireFly! It was a last minute decision and they were able to fit us in. The food was spectacular and the staff wonderful. We will definitely make FireFly a staple.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hoboken, New Jersey
“I can't believe we made it through the summer without knowing about this restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband surprised me with "date night" this past Friday (9/28/2012) at Firefly and what a wonderful surprise it was!
We arrived a few minutes late for our reservation, a few people were waiting and the hostess was running around (not sure doing what). It was a little confusing but after a few minutes we were greeted and shown to a table. The room was half full yet we were seated at a table in the back of the room directly next to the entrance to the kitchen. I was cold and asked to be seated by one of the three empty tables by the gas fireplace, the hostess hesitated for a moment and then said "ok" (the next reservation was seated at the table by the kitchen while the two other tables by the fireplace were left empty). I thought that maybe she was trying to insure all stations were being sat but the same waiter served all the tables in the row. Just odd to me.
Anyway, that was the end of anything unpleasant that evening...Gerard was our waiter and took excellent care of us! Our wines were opened promptly and since I still had a chill he brought over a beautiful pot of tea for me immediately.
I had looked at the on line menu and thought I knew what I wanted to order but the specials sounded so amazing we diverged a bit (although I still got the chicken & waffles pictured). I had the branzino and my husband the venison. Portions were substantial to the point that I took half of my branzino home since I had seen several desserts go by that looked delicious! We had also finished off the wonderful pretzel rolls and raspberry musard
Chef Lou came and spoke with us which was greatly appreciated and he made a point of saying to make sure we let him know when we returned (which we will do)!
We ordered the ring ding for dessert which was HUGE and decadent (we took half of that home too).
We will be back very soon for another memorable evening and hopefully see Chef Lou!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Pretzel bread!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My kids keep asking me to take them here again and again just for the fantastic pretzel bread. For the adults you have a diverse and interesting menu that is not condescending or obtuse. The food is tasty and well prepared and presented. My mouth waters for the superb specials and fine wine that I am permitted to bring. The fireplace is a nice touch when the weather is chilly. Interior decor is calming. Service staff is top notch. Don't miss this gem.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spring Lake, New Jersey
“Fantastic byob”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

You must make reservations...with that in mind surpurb food and timing relaxing atmosphere!! We have been there a couple of times crab cakes never disappoint (gluten free for them) chicken and a waffle is my favorite along with the veal cheeks Moderately priced but who cares when the food is that good..Weather it's couples girls night or family friends its awesome and no little kids the times we have been there either which is nice since the menu is upscale. Dress neat and bring your appetite leave happy and relaxed there is no rushing or cell phones in this intimate setting great bistro

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

You will need reservation for any evening or Sunday brunch, nice selection of food tastes are superb, chef really knows how to present a good delicious menu. It is a BYOB so be prepared, you will not be disappointed withthe restaurant, atmosphere is nice and comfortable, very interesting decor.

Visited June 2012