“It is exactly what it should be.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manahawkin
New York
“It is exactly what it should be.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Clean, pleasant, convenient to where I needed to be, and at the end of a major mall road. Lots of stores so you can pick up stuff you might need.
Staff helpful, and when I wanted some real milk for the coffee in my room, the woman in the restaurant was kind enough to give me plenty!
A little in need of freshening, but rooms are clean and have what you need.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

When this hotel was built, I never thought I'd have a reason to stay there. After all, we have a house in nearby Barnegat. But, after the storm (Sandy) we needed a place to stay while we were arranging carpenters, plumbers, electricians and all the other workmen.
After a full day of freezing in my house while waiting for these people, we went to the Holiday Inn.
Warm, clean, a big comfy bed! a TV that worked. A welcoming staff.
In all, I stayed there 3 times, and every time it was just wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lawrence V, Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Camillenewyorkcity
We are so pleased that we could be of some assistance during your time of need. Like so many area residents we served during Superstorm Sandy, we were happy to contribute in any way possible to making your recovery a little bit easier. We hope you are on your way back to "normal" and that if you or your family have a reason to stay in the future it will be a happy occasion and that you will be equally pleased with your stay.
Manahawkin, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I live in the area, but have stayed at this hotel multiple times. The hotel is newer, and the rooms are nice. Many events are hosted downstairs and I always seem to get a discount when attending a party or wedding downstairs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Needed a hotel for the night after a long day on the shore, saw the NEW Holiday Inn sign and pulled in. Looked like a decent place, New sign, New façade, older lobby. Got off the elevator and I was back in the 1970's. The old yellow décor, very old carpeting, lots of patches. Attempted to make coffee in the morning and the coffee packet did not match the machine and the pot did not either. Asked about the issue at the front desk and was told that they were very sorry (about the problem).
Typical uneven quality of the chain that I have come to expect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Richard K,

Ferdinand G
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well if you are looking for a hotel chain located on the Jersey shore aside from Atlantic City you will pretty much come up empty...that is aside form the Holiday Inn in Manahawkin. I felt that hotel gave you exactly what you are paying for. Yes, prices will be higher for the weekends and during the summer. Can't imagine many people want a hotel room at the Shore in the middle of the winter. The hotel could use updating (i.e. carpeting) but by no means is it gross. Also, the shower in our room could have used a little TLC. It was one of those vinyl shower bodies and had a serious amount of caulking which has turned yellow over time. This may be a little excessive on my wish list, but there's just something about getting into a shower that could use upkeep.

So in summary, as other readers have said its an average hotel (it is a Holiday Inn after all), and the prices are commensurate with the location.

If you are an individual like myself who prefer hotel chains given the feeling you will have some sort of recourse if things are just horrendous than certainly stay here. I will definitely stay here again if need be as I still can't see myself staying in a Mom and Pop motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Paul C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Media, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spent three nights here for a job in nearby Ship Bottom. The commute was an easy, straight shot down Rt. 72, over the lovely bay. Vacationers looking to stay here and go to the beach will have a short drive. I'm not sure if the hotel has any outdoor shower facilities to wash off sand, though.

My room was more than adequate. Comfortable bed with a choice of soft or firm pillows. The wifi is free here. It was a little poky one day but fine otherwise. I wish more hotels offered the free or modestly priced wifi. Too often this seems lilke an opportunity to gouge.

The bathroom was a tad on the small side. One odd thing was the position of the toilet in relation to the sink. When standing at the sink, my left leg was almost touching the toilet. Bathroom sharers beware! Nice shower head. Sadly, the Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island sports the dreaded plastic cups. Great for beer out of the keg at a party,but in a hotel this announces, "Not so swanky."

The hotel bar was unimpressive. Very small--maybe 8 seats?--for a place with 116 rooms. Its two taps and the cafeteria ambience from the adjacent restaurant sent me elsewhere for food and drink.

Housekeeping staff here is friendly, I can't say the same for those at the front desk. Aside from the cordial check-in upon my arrival, the not exactly warm and welcoming Innkeepers said nary a word to me as I passed by, nor looked up from the desk. Mind you, often I was the only guest going through the attractive lobby. A simple "Howdy" goes a long way and requires little energy.

This property certainly meets the standards for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Keymcgrip,

Krysllin G.
New Milford, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Manahawkin, NJ and was actually quite pleased with our stay. It wasn't cheap, but what LBI hotel/motel is during peak season. The good thing was you didn't have to stay a minimum amount of days. You could stay just for one night if you want.

The beds were pretty comfortable, the room was spacious and clean, the bathroom was clean, but could use new grout around the tub. All in all it was a good experience for a Holiday Inn that I didn't expect much from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Joan M

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island? Share your experiences!