When I arrived at check-in, the teenager at the front desk told me the room I requested (high floor) was ready and handed me my room keys.
When I got to my room, I didn't need the keys because the door was open. The cleaning staff was still getting the room ready.
The front desk girl made some calls via walkie-talkie and rebooked me into a floor on the 2nd floor.
All was good until I tried going to sleep to the sound of people stomping on the floor above and seemingly pacing around their room.
Either the people above were very overweight or the floors are flimsy and not up to hotel standard.
I was exhausted so I stayed in the room but when I advised the new front desk person that the people above were noisy, she gave a courtesy smile and said "sorry."
How about some Hilton points since I am a Hilton Honors member or some other acknowledgement to make things right?
I could have held them to their "satisfaction" pledge after all!
Not a do over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal among hotels in Mahwah, our promise to you includes a clean, comfortable hotel room. In fact, we have 111 of them! If you're traveling with your family, you may opt for a room with two beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah Hotel Mahwah
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mahwah