“Wait for it.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Prospect Tavern Beef & Ale

Prospect Tavern Beef & Ale
14 Prospect St., Madison, NJ 07940 (Formerly Prospect Tavern)
973-295-6255
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 51 restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: In the late 19th century, the Prospect Tavern housed a coal company, part of the bustling railroad industry located just yards away. Today the 1880's Tudor building comfortably seats 50 patrons in the dining room, while the 60-foot bar and outdoor patio make the tavern the preferred place for a casual dinner or to enjoy the perfect pint.The Prospect Tavern offers classic American comfort food like our thinly sliced prime rib sandwich with au jus sauce or our slowly-braised home-style pot roast. Our superior-cut Prime Rib has distinct marbling and is served and seasoned to perfection. Available only on the weekends, this excellent Prime Rib includes a salad, vegetable, and any-style potato.The Prospect Tavern is situated in the central business district of Madison N.J., steps away from the train station, movie theater and great local shopping, making it the perfect place to enjoy a delectable meal before a movie, or to have a relaxing drink on the outdoor patio. Come visit us soon!
Roxbury, New Jersey
“Wait for it.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

It definitely has the feel of an old tavern that has been around for a while. The place was half full. We waited 10 minutes for someone to seat us. We waited another 10 minutes for menus another for are order to be taken. 10 more for our drinks to come. 15 for crappy-tizer nachos. 20 minutes later our dinner came. We both really liked our meals. I had a buffalo chicken wrap and the wife had Chicken Murphy. We skipped dessert. It seemed like it took forever to get our check and get out. Will not be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Belleville, New Jersey
“Horrible Service,,,,Actually No Service....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Purchased a discount voucher on Amazon...Before the purchase I called and spoke to a manager to ask if I could use it at the bar. I was told yes as long as I purchased food with my drink. So I purchased these vouchers...I went there and was told by the owner that they stopped allowing it at the bar two weeks ago. I said I wouldn't have purchased them since we come to eat at the bar in a large group. (There were 10 of us)could she make an exception tonight...she looked away and ignored me...Did not care about my business and the 10 people that would add up to a nice amount of business....I did not want to go in the back room by myself, eat and then go back to the bar area...since she was rude, nasty and did not care about my business....she will NOT be getting mine...You die of old age trying to get a drink anyway...

Visited June 2013