“Food was great and they totally worked with ALL my food issues” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Food was great and they totally worked with ALL my food issues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My co-worker and I showed up here based on a recommendation by a CSA at the airport. I gave the CSA the spiel about having food issues/sensitivities/intolerances and she thought (being a regular herself), that Herbie's could work with me. Let me just say that my "diet" is a complete pain even when I cook at home. Herbie's was able to dumb down every portion of my meal, leave everything food clean and unseasoned, and even managed to provide me with a full 3-coarse meal. That NEVER happens! I had a steak with simply-sautéed onions, a baked sweet potato and steamed broccoli. I brought my own avocado, olive oil, and lime wedges just because. (Strange, but when I never know if I'm going to eat.... The staff thought it was funny.) Anyway, the co-worker's food looked wonderful and mine hit the spot. I'd give the food 4 stars but the staff and restaurant definitely get 5 stars for going above and beyond.

Visited April 2014

New Jersey
“Great Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great for burgers, wings, draft beer and more-very friendly bar with lots of locals hanging out all the time.
The service is fast and friendly everyone there is so nice it makes it special. Lots of interesting things to see behind the bar.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Morris Plains, NJ
“Jersey Gin Mill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I didn't have any food here as I just stopped in for a short business meeting and a beer, but if you want a genuine Jersey gin mill of old, I would guess this is your place. A simple bar with all the locals nursing their Buds and a bar maid who knows all their names.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Budd Lake, New Jersey
“Pub Restaurant Well Worth Visiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I enjoy eating at Poor Herbie's because of the variety of items on the menu including the blackboard specials. The service is excellent; I was asked several times if I would like more coffee, if my meal was fine, would I like anything else, etc. The waiter knew many of the customers and there was a very relaxed atmosphere at lunch.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maplewood, New Jersey
“its a pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice atmosphere and local laid back crowd. The bar is small. I had the duck for dinner and was surprised that it was actually good, it was moist and not dry. My wife had the broiled fish both the fish, the mash and the grilled veggies were very good. It can get crowded on weekends at peak hrs.

Its not fine dining. Its fun and its fine

• Visited October 2013