After choosing this hotel as a reference from Nanina's in the Park in Belleville, NJ I have DEEP regrets. Here is the e-mail that my mother (mother of the groom) wrote to their management:
I thought you'd like to know that we were very unhappy with the quality of our stay at the Lyndhurst Courtyard for our son's wedding.
First...the good part...our room was OK...somewhat clean and comfortable...but it was when we left our room that the problems occurred.
For the entire time of our stay, elevator #2 was "acting up"...it would stop unexpectedly between floors...we were afraid to get on it in case it got stuck.
That in itself would have been annoying but not a major complaint except that MANY MEMBERS OF THE LARGE GROUP of people staying at your hotel COMPLAINED, BUT NOTHING WAS DONE TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION!
This went on for ALL THREE DAYS of our stay!!!
Our daughter-in-law rented a conference room for make-up and hair the morning of the wedding. We had problems in that room too!
Half the outlets did not work when we got to the room a big problem when you need curling irons and hair dryers to work...AGAIN, that in itself would have been annoying but not a major complaint except that WE HAD TO GO DOWN TO THE FRONT DESK SEVERAL TIMES TO GET THE PROBLEM FIXED - AND THERE WAS NO RESPONSE - AND LITTLE CONCERN - FOR MORE THAN HALF AN HOUR...UNACCEPTABLE!
Not only that...but a leak developed in a ceiling light right in front of the food table...again the complaint...and the response was a BUCKET! This was definitely not the atmosphere we expected in that room! UNACCEPTABLE!
If that wasn't enough, my son & daughter-in-law hired extra buses from your hotel to make sure that people would be transported from Nanina's in the Park to and from the hotel...BUT something went wrong there too! THE BRIDE, GROOM, PARENTS OF BOTH THE BRIDE AND GROOM, PLUS OTHER MEMBERS OF THE WEDDING PARTY AND GUESTS WERE STRANDED AT NANINAS! Lyndhurst Courtyard DID NOT FULFILL ITS PROMISE TO HAVE AN ADEQUATE NUMBER OF BUSES to transport us that day...WE HAD TO WAIT ALMOST 40 MINUTES FOR THE BUS TO COME...and this was after phone calls from Nanina’s and the bride and groom...again...UNACCEPTABLE! (PS...if you are planning to strand people, you surely should not strand the bride and groom!)
So...NO...WE DID NOT HAVE AN EXCELLENT STAY...
I am making it my business to ensure that Nanina's in the Park no longer suggests this HORRIBLE hotel as a suggestions - Riches to Rags...
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands Hotel Lyndhurst
- Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands Hotel
- Courtyard Lyndhurst
- Lyndhurst Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Lyndhurst/Meadowlands hotel offers stylish guest rooms with Marriott's luxury bedding, 32" LCD flat screen TV's, mini-fridge and FREE High Speed Internet. Begin your day with a reasonably priced, hot breakfast buffet and return for a delicious dinner at Reeds Restaurant. Unwind in our lounge, indoor pool or in the on-site Fitness Center. Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands hotel is perfectly located close to exciting Meadowlands attractions such as the IZOD Center, Giants Stadium, Teterboro Airport (TEB), Meadowlands Racetrack, Medieval Times and just minutes to the Prudential Center in Newark. This Meadowlands hotel is also just six miles to the Lincoln Tunnel and New York City. For business or social events, our meeting rooms are ideal for your group accommodating up to 100 people. After experiencing our first class customer service, you will feel you have made the best choice at the Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands hotel, one of the finest among Meadowlands hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.