“Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at the Ocean Place for a business meeting for 1 night in January. It has a great location, right on the beach. The service was great, the rooms were clean, and the lobby was beautiful. The staff was very helpful and friendly. When I checked in, they warned me that they are working on some parts of the hotel, and the work begins at 8am. Sure enough, the banging started at 8. It was hard to concentrate on preparing my presentation with all of the noise above my head. I think that the room was way overpriced for the off season, and having to deal with the construction.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Cape Cod, Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you are planning to stay in this area, Ocean Place is THE place to stay. The incredible view takes second place only to the service.... and the view is fantastic!! You see the ocean everywhere!
The management at this hotel is top notch, very attentive to your needs. I stayed here in January, and I cannot wait to return in warmer weather. From the gym that overlooks the ocean, the beautiful lobby, and the fantastic Happy Hour prices, you cannot beat the value. I am sure that the warmer weather with the tiki bar open and palm trees on the beach will make the stay here even more enjoyable!! I heard that the hotel is under new ownership and whatever they are doing, keep doing it, they certainly have chosen an incredible,positive management team striving to make this hotel the best it can be...which they are certainly accomplishing with their actions.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is always my preference!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Beautiful location,on the Jersey Shore. Hotel lobby impressive .Staff from the front desk,Director of rooms to maids were friendly and helpful,always pleasant and concerned if accommodations and stay were ok and asking if there was anything that we needed. Rooms were extreamly clean and I was suprised to learn that they are going to be totally renovated . I have worked in a large hotel so I am very critical and look at things different than the average guest. Hotel room was on the 5 th floor and had a fabulous view ,I do not think any room has a bad view. Location is great board walk outside the hotel is fabulous for a walk or run every day and the shops steps away make the experience even better. My stay was in December yet the boardwalk was active and walks on the beach could not have been better. Hotel food great and Sunday brunch should not be missed. Bar/Lounge were impressive with and added feature of a pool table .Loved the couches and cushioned chairs. Hotel is pet friendly yet you don't really hear any dogs barking all seemed friendly with there pets. Spa was great and clean and indoor pool was nice. Covered garage made the entrence on one of the rainy day easy. Ended up using the entrence every day. Elevators were fast and you never had any wait for them despite the hotel being full.

Room Tip: Depending on your budget hotel rooms on the east side had best view (direct) but all rooms have grea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference event for several days, after the Sandy storm that has hit the beautiful Jersey Shore very hard. The hotel appears to have not suffered any damage, though outside painting was under way at the time of my stay. The room all have lovely views of the beach and ocean. My room was at the end of the building with also a view looking out to the west. It was quite spacious. The room has beach-style furnishings - it is all that pale beachy pastels, looks very tired and dated, and the rooms need considerable refreshment to take on a new inviting and contemporary feel. They key problem that I experienced was that in the room opposite, and also in the adjoining room, there were dogs that barked for hours on end, and into the evening. The incessant yapping from the smaller dog particularly went on for hours, even after the hotel reception was called to deal with this. This went on for two days, and made rest in the room quite unpleasant. Walls are thin. The hotel provides free internet which worked effectively. The conference facilities are also with free internet, although the rooms provide so few power outlets for working on a lap top as part of conference. There is a modern village within a few minutes walk of the hotel providing a range of lovely cafes and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask if there are dogs checked in in nearby rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

When I walked in to the Resort it was a WOW, When I checked in the staff was great, if I called down to the Front Desk they were on to of it! The Lobby, Guest Room, SPA as well as the Resort so so clean.
In the future I have Three Grandaughters that will be getting married and I will let them how well I was taken care.
I will be back again!

Room Tip: Higher Floors on the Ocean
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Being a local on Jersey Shore I hadn't put much thought into this property prior to Hurricane Sandy but I was fortunate enough to get shelter in the hotel after I wasn't able to stay in my own home. Of course nothing can compare to your own home but the staff here did a good job making me feel welcomed and at home with a smile and a good morning when I passed in the hallway. My stay wasn't as long as others affected by the storm so my heart goes out to those families still living there in a single room!

I'll admit I was nervous after reading other reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. There are obvious improvements that need to be made to the property such as updating the sleeping rooms but I see they are doing renovations so I am excited to see what will be done. I'll definitely be checking back on this place especially this summer; a drink at that Tiki Bar sounds great after a fall/winter like this already!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
OceanPlace, Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were so fortunate as the resort was virtually untouched by Hurricane Sandy and happy to become a safe haven for so many affected. It was our pleasure having you and we wish you the best of luck to you in your recovery.

We thank you again for your review and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was at Ocean Place the weekend before Sandy. My stay was very nice. The lobby beautiful, food was good with a great ocean view. There was renovation going on both outside and in. Some things are dated, so it's good to see the improvements taking place. I saw that the hotel withstood Sandy so am glad for that. Many others were certainly not as fortunate. I see from other reviews that the hotel is housing Sandy victims. I'm sure this has been a challenging time for all in the area. I hope that the 12/12/12 fundraiser today for Sandy victims is a big success!

Room Tip: Room with an ocean view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We're please to know your stay this fall was enjoyable. We are very excited about the $15 million renovation currently taking place. We invite you to 'like' us on Facebook and join our email list via our website for renovation updates, as well as special offers and promotions.

Thank you for your well wishes & support of the area in Sandy recovery. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Been to Ocean Place Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!