“Crisp, Clean and Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Bungalow Hotel
50 Laird Street, Long Branch, NJ 07740   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
New Jersey
“Crisp, Clean and Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

All I can say is WOW. Perfect room. Clean, crisp, and cozy. Comfortable bed with a romantic fireplace. Great location close to so many restaurant options...especially Avenue Restaurant which was beyond delicious! Great trip...cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Love the Lil Pipeline!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is our passion to provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Rochelle, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We loved this place - the people working there were awesome and took excellent care of us. Our room was fun and hip and had a fireplace and other cite little touches. Easy parking in an area where parking can be tough and a 1 minute walk to the beach, great shops, awesome restaurants. We will be back for sure!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Butler, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed at the Bungalow for a work conference. Cool little hotel a block or so off the beach and near the pier. Reminded me of a "W" hotel. Initial thoughts were the place was pricey but really nice.

Front Desk receptionist was a nice young woman, friendly but maybe a little inexperienced (coming from someone whose brother was in management at the W in NYC). Room was very nice but quickly started to notice the little things - clocks weren't set to right time, light bulbs burned out, q-tip on the window sill (didn't look used at least), no wireless info included in my check in info. Biggest bummer was the gas fireplace not working. Was a cold fall night and the web site touted the fact that there was a fireplace which my wife and I had been looking forward to, so wasn't happy with that.

Called the front desk and they told me it was broken and scheduled to be fixed the following week (wait... a week later???). Needless to say I wasn't happy but only learned the next day that they took $50 off of the nightly rate - would have been smarter to tell me that right away to keep me from stewing about it night before, amazed that they wouldn't do something about it. I was actually so upset at the perceived lack of doing something I wrote a TA review that night, only to have it removed once I learned the discount had been applied. As I mentioned earlier "inexperienced".

Came back from dinner and learned they had decided not to open the lounge bar, even though there was a convention in town that a lot of us were attending. Another bummer, went next door to the Wine Loft which was great (see that review separately)

In the end the place is probably awesome in July but I can't imagine the price. It was $350 a night in October for a room that was nice but disappointing. Near the beach so

Room Tip: Note right on the beach and beach views probably available higher up (i was second floor) so not sur...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a drop in stay together with my son early October. Was informed at the time of check in that we could choose between a room with a king size bed and a roll in bed for approx USD 180 or a room with a king size bed and a sofabed for approx USD 250. We chose the latter.

Wanting to go to bed at around 10 pm we called the reception to request someone to make the bed. We were informed that housekeeping left at 3 pm so that would be a problem. We were asked if we could do the bed ourselves or if we were missing pillows. After having informed the reception that we did not have any linens we asked if someone could bring wat was needed and do it for us, the receptionist said she could come up and "do it myself". She arrived the room without saying a word, did the sofa bed like a child and left the room without closing the door.

The room was extremely warm and it was no way to turn the heating down or open the windows wide enough to have a normal room temperature. A terrible night.

Be advised; - life is too short to waste time and money on a hotel like this !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here for one night in August for a much needed girls (moms) weekend. We paid $1200 for a suite for one night. Upon check in we were told that it would cost an additional $35 per car to park (there were 6 of us) because the hotel only gets one spot per room in the garage.
The very young and inexperienced girls running the front desk acted as if they had no clue what was going on and it took us over a half hour to get parking straightened out (and an additional $140 more later just to park).

The hotel does a horrible job describing it's location and amenities. The hotel itself sits on a busy street corner and you have to walk to the Avenue restaurant at the beach to enjoy the pool or beach club. It is NOT part of the physical hotel. And it is an additional $25 per person to access their pool and private beach club. Oh yeah, and the "Pool" is three feet deep and about 10 feet long. This is not an exageration.

Upon check out the next day I forgot my very expensive camera in the closet of the hotel.
I called the hotel within 6 hours of checking out to let them know that I would be right back (from delaware) to get it. They told me they do not have it. With no apology, no remorse, or no consideration they told me they would look into it with housekeeping and get back to me. They never called me back that day so I called and asked for the manager stating that I would be back in the morning to either retrieve the camera or file a report with the police. The next day the manager "Victoria" hid in the back office and never came out to address the situation until I called the police to come file a report and watch tapes. She then came out and the first thing she said to me was "you can't watch the tapes, only he can". My thoughts were, OK, nice to meet you too, and thanks for your concern on my major hit here. I'm sorry, how old are you again? So long story short, the camera is gone. Thanks guys. Hope you are enjoying looking at pictures of my son, if you can even turn it on with a dead battery.

The hotel could care less about those that stay there and I would never ever stay there again or recommend it to anyone. For a "boutique" hotel, they are CLASSLESS. Spend your money elsewhere. Because I was ROBBED in more ways than one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a wedding the weekend after labor day and found out upon arrival that "le club" is closed. The beach is still charging in september although its not strictly enforced-we walked on.

The nicest person was their cleaning staff, girls at the front desk could care less about service. Rooms are big but couch was uncomfortable with an equally uncomfortable table and chairs. Fireplace is cool-

If you need to be in long branch then its a good location however ocean place (even though its more expensive) seems like the better hotel option (nice private beach, lounge chairs, tiki bar & pool).

• Stayed September 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Bungalow. We stay two nights, and it was the perfect romantic getaway. The room was really nice..super comfortable bed, cute decor, upscale amenities. Flat screen TV above the fireplace, double sinks, rain shower. I liked the modern style of the hotel, and the small touches to the room like the chalkboard on the other side of the mirrors above the sink. I found my room to be very clean. We had a view of the parking lot and garage, oh well, but to be honest, the ocean is a five minute walk outside, so I didn't need a view, I could walk to it! I think this is the perfect stay for couples. If you're staying as a family note that the bathroom area is open to the room, meaning you step out of the shower, and you can be seen in the other room. The toilet was private though. I loved the vicinity to the shops in Pier Village. I especially loved the Beach Club access. For $25/person, you get to use the private beach and rooftop pool. Excellent waiter service. If you want to feel like a VIP, definitely take advantage of that. The pool was 3 ft deep, open 12-5, but we enjoyed it, took in the sun and the amazing view. I also enjoyed drinking a frozen drink on one of the beds on the private beach. Exactly what I wanted on my getaway. I found the staff at the hotel to be very laid back and unattentive. There was no room service, but you're close to restaurants, etc., so I'd recommend bringing water bottles, snacks for the room since the mini bar is empty. I really liked the pool table and foosball table, made for a fun little break in the day. The bar was nice, as well as comfy outdoor couches and fireplace. We made use of the hotel amenities and really enjoyed ourselves. Definitely a laid-back romantic getaway for couples in a beautiful beach area. I would recommend it!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bungalow Hotel? Share your experiences!