“Nice hotel near the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant

Save Saved
You added Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4401 Long Beach Blvd, Brany Beach, Long Beach Township, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice hotel near the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Daddy O the second weekend it had reopened after Hurricane Sandy.
There were some 'bugs' that they were still trying to fix, but the staff could not have been nicer.
Our room was very nice and the bathroom was large and modern.
We were in Long Beach Island for a wedding, so we did not have the opportunity to try out the bar...but when I peeked in, it was very busy and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for wedding. Would avoid second floor. When the washing machine spins the entire room shakes violently. This went on all day. So could not rest whatsoever. Place isn't cheap so I would expect more.

After third time I knocked on housekeeping service door and housekeeping manager lectured me saying the only reason I was complaining was because she was Spanish and not from the country. She also went on a tirade about me being so young (I'm nearly 40 btw with kids). Most ridiculous display of service I've ever experienced.

Hotel is nice and maybe on for drinks or dinner but never stay here. In fact the holiday inn not too far away is a much better value with a nicer staff.

• Stayed August 2013
petepalladino, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I was personally involved with this guests issue and, after viewing security camera footage, determined that he burst into our housekeeping office and started to curse and yell at the girls working there at the time. We are obviously in the hospitality industry but we do expect a certain level of maturity and class from our guests. We have a wonderful staff here and are very proud of the job they do. Being someone’s punching bag is just not in their job description.

Pete Palladino
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel and restaurant are very nicely decorated. The Bar staff was very good. With that said we where surprised the food was so bad which in turn ruined our night. The menu selection is horrible and expensive for such poor quality. We spent the night at the bar talking to other patrons complaining about the food. We have eaten here every summer about 5 times a year and until this year we where always happy. They took there vegan selections off the menu. We complained to the staff about the menu and they said the Chef is horrible and he came up with the losey menu. I will not return to Daddy o's as long has this chef and menu remain.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and well presented front desk and rooms. Think hamptons/Miami vibe but at a cost. My pregnant wife and I just stayed and if you are looking for a relaxing place especially if you have kids forget it. Music and noise till 10-11 pm from restaurant and up stairs bar. Room was small but the staff was great and very accommodating. Also a lot of attractions are in beach haven about 10-15 minute ride ie buckalloo, chicken or egg, amusement park, show place ice cream parlor etc...

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Good location near the beach. Rooms are clean and basic... Happening bar on the roof. Bar off the lobby serves excellent burgers, wings and other bar food. Rooms pricy for what it is, but the nicest available in LBI

Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here during the Fourth of July holiday, and paid what I think is a high rate, regardless of date, for a NJ hotel. It seems to be essentially the nicest on LBI, so I would likely stay again. However, it did seem to miss the mark repeatedly in the small ways that a property can set itself apart.
The room was tiny, but very nice. I am the type of person who recognizes that I am not planning on staying in the room the whole time, so I don't need some massive expanse of space. However, there are some things which would be nice. For example, a floor length mirror. I think this is pretty standard in all hotels, and generally necessary, but this room just didn't have one. There were multiple locations where it would have been extremely simple to hang one. I just found it strange that they didn't have one. Also, some sort of chair in the room. There was a bed with some small ottomans at the foot of it. There was definitely space for a small chair. I just think these pieces show that real thought goes into the functionality of a property, and that was lacking.
I had drinks at both the rooftop bar and the bar inside downstairs. On the roof the service was rather lacking. For a cocktail that is close to the price of NYC, I expect some level of service. It took forever to get a drink, when the bar wasn't busy, and the waitress just didn't seem interested. Downstairs provided much better service though.
In the middle of the night during my stay, the fire alarms went off. It was an awful experience that left me exhausted. No one from the hotel really seemed to know what was going on, which I found quite strange. Based on the reaction of the firefighters, they were also unimpressed with the hospital staff. Ultimately, I'm assuming it was some sort of electrical glitch. Plenty of people would probably be really pissed and give a terrible review, but I am maintaining an average review. These things happen. I doubt it was anyone's fault. But there wasn't even an apology from anyone on the staff. For a hotel that projects itself of this caliber, I would expect at least an apology, or possibly a free drink or appetizer or something. It was just odd for everyone to seem to not care at all that this happened in the middle of the night.
Overall: I would stay again, because it's better than all the other options on LBI, but it was disappointing and I think it was overpriced for the ultimate service that was provided.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Cape May, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at Daddy o' s Hotel for three days the first night went to the bar great bartenders had a good time, went to my room very interesting and very nice I give them A+ just down the street from one of the best beaches in New Jersey. Next morning spoke to the clerk at the desk very helpful and sweet... Ask her to book a party for me that night for 50 people on the roof top deck said she would take care of it....I invited people to join me for a sundown party on the deck for drinks and dinner my treat.....So what would think this would cost...Did Not Ask Did Not Care
When the time came to start the party meeting some of my friends in the bar I was told that the party was not on the roof top deck they shoved us in a dinning room.....Not What I requested and Not how I want to take care of my quest and clients....
We sucked it up and sat down the food was excellent, the service was outstanding never ask the price of the party or the rooms mind you I actually never received a copy of my bill.....What's Up with that?
One the third morning I went for a walk on the beach when I came back I was basically treated very bad by the day clerk or manager I really don't know who she was, but she told me she was going to my room to get my stuff out of the room and leave because the Hotel was closed... Do you think there is a proper way to give notice to a good Customer who just gave you payment for a party, food, drinks, and two rooms a little better than this and mind you I never ask the price.

I would request they train the staff especially on Customer Service and Customer Care & Value
Do not try to the manager of the place Andy he is rude

Room Tip: Don't ask for special items they will not pay attention to your request no matter how much you s...