“Clean, but loud and not central location.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy O Hotel

You added Daddy O Hotel to your Saves list
Daddy O Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4401 Long Beach Blvd, Brant Beach, Long Beach Township, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
“Clean, but loud and not central location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and well presented front desk and rooms. Think hamptons/Miami vibe but at a cost. My pregnant wife and I just stayed and if you are looking for a relaxing place especially if you have kids forget it. Music and noise till 10-11 pm from restaurant and up stairs bar. Room was small but the staff was great and very accommodating. Also a lot of attractions are in beach haven about 10-15 minute ride ie buckalloo, chicken or egg, amusement park, show place ice cream parlor etc...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Nyfbp

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Good location near the beach. Rooms are clean and basic... Happening bar on the roof. Bar off the lobby serves excellent burgers, wings and other bar food. Rooms pricy for what it is, but the nicest available in LBI

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Richard J
Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here during the Fourth of July holiday, and paid what I think is a high rate, regardless of date, for a NJ hotel. It seems to be essentially the nicest on LBI, so I would likely stay again. However, it did seem to miss the mark repeatedly in the small ways that a property can set itself apart.
The room was tiny, but very nice. I am the type of person who recognizes that I am not planning on staying in the room the whole time, so I don't need some massive expanse of space. However, there are some things which would be nice. For example, a floor length mirror. I think this is pretty standard in all hotels, and generally necessary, but this room just didn't have one. There were multiple locations where it would have been extremely simple to hang one. I just found it strange that they didn't have one. Also, some sort of chair in the room. There was a bed with some small ottomans at the foot of it. There was definitely space for a small chair. I just think these pieces show that real thought goes into the functionality of a property, and that was lacking.
I had drinks at both the rooftop bar and the bar inside downstairs. On the roof the service was rather lacking. For a cocktail that is close to the price of NYC, I expect some level of service. It took forever to get a drink, when the bar wasn't busy, and the waitress just didn't seem interested. Downstairs provided much better service though.
In the middle of the night during my stay, the fire alarms went off. It was an awful experience that left me exhausted. No one from the hotel really seemed to know what was going on, which I found quite strange. Based on the reaction of the firefighters, they were also unimpressed with the hospital staff. Ultimately, I'm assuming it was some sort of electrical glitch. Plenty of people would probably be really pissed and give a terrible review, but I am maintaining an average review. These things happen. I doubt it was anyone's fault. But there wasn't even an apology from anyone on the staff. For a hotel that projects itself of this caliber, I would expect at least an apology, or possibly a free drink or appetizer or something. It was just odd for everyone to seem to not care at all that this happened in the middle of the night.
Overall: I would stay again, because it's better than all the other options on LBI, but it was disappointing and I think it was overpriced for the ultimate service that was provided.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank NEWise
Cape May, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at Daddy o' s Hotel for three days the first night went to the bar great bartenders had a good time, went to my room very interesting and very nice I give them A+ just down the street from one of the best beaches in New Jersey. Next morning spoke to the clerk at the desk very helpful and sweet... Ask her to book a party for me that night for 50 people on the roof top deck said she would take care of it....I invited people to join me for a sundown party on the deck for drinks and dinner my treat.....So what would think this would cost...Did Not Ask Did Not Care
When the time came to start the party meeting some of my friends in the bar I was told that the party was not on the roof top deck they shoved us in a dinning room.....Not What I requested and Not how I want to take care of my quest and clients....
We sucked it up and sat down the food was excellent, the service was outstanding never ask the price of the party or the rooms mind you I actually never received a copy of my bill.....What's Up with that?
One the third morning I went for a walk on the beach when I came back I was basically treated very bad by the day clerk or manager I really don't know who she was, but she told me she was going to my room to get my stuff out of the room and leave because the Hotel was closed... Do you think there is a proper way to give notice to a good Customer who just gave you payment for a party, food, drinks, and two rooms a little better than this and mind you I never ask the price.

I would request they train the staff especially on Customer Service and Customer Care & Value
Do not try to the manager of the place Andy he is rude

Room Tip: Don't ask for special items they will not pay attention to your request no matter how much you s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim R
Hoboken, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Spent two nights here while in town for a wedding on the island.

PROS : Clean, modern rooms with a "cool" retro vibe. Staff was very friendly and personal -- really nice people. Free use of beach chairs in good condition. Short walk to the beautiful beach. Restaurant top notch. Our bathroom had a large walk-in shower and a toilet with a privacy door (love that). Convenient parking.

CONS : Not ON the beach. No Balconies. No pool. No mini-bar. Finishings/Decor looked only superficially nice -- as in they look ok because it's new, but will probably look tired quickly as it's not high quality materials.

Other Observations: Our room was a decent size, but my brother had a super tiny room and my parents had a very large room. So it varies quite a bit. I thought the prices were a bit high for not having a pool and other amenities.

Summary : We enjoyed our stay, and if in town for a weekend without kids, would definitely stay here again. With our kids, or for a longer period of time, would stay somewhere with a pool, kitchenette, and balconies for drying bathing suits, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank laurendell
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Overall we enjoyed our stay here. The location is great and so is the restaurant and rooftop bar. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We loved that they provided beach chairs and the outdoor shower was so nice to have after checking out but spending the day at the beach. My only complaint about the room itself is that the walls are a bit thin. There were some other bumps (see below) but we would come back again.

Now for the bumps...
When we arrived there was no one at the front desk - there was a sign saying they would be right back but when the room rates are this high I feel like there should always be someone at the desk. One hotel employee walked in, saw us standing there and then just kept walking. He may or may not have gone to find the girl at the front desk as she arrived back a few minutes later and was very apologetic that we had had to wait. She explained that she had been in a guest room fixing their A/C. She then went on to tell us that a pipe had burst right outside of our room earlier that day so the hallway would be a mess as the repairman was working to fix the problem. OK, so these things happen and they working to fix it as quickly as possible but still a bit of a damper especially as those repairs meant that the water for the shower was off and we had to call down to have it turned back on so that we could shower. They did have the water on quickly. The next morning we headed out for some breakfast and came back to find that our keys didn't work. My husband went down to have the cards re-keyed and came back up - still not working so back down he went. He came up again and although the light did not turn green the door opened - now the electronic lock on our door was de-activated and we could not lock the door at all! We called down to the desk and manager came up to see the problem - he had to give us an actual key (rather than a keycard) to the door so that we could lock it. At this point we explained all of the issues we had encountered in the past 16 hours at the hotel (which taken one a time weren't a big deal but all together were getting to be a bit much.) The manager was gracious enough to comp one night for us due to these issues. The staff were gracious under pressure and did seem genuinely concerned that you were enjoying yourself and the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LiveToEat-DC
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My only experience is at the roof top bar at Daddy O's. This was a really good alternative to the rather pricey restaurant. The atmosphere was sleek and and fun. I loved feeling the summer night's breeze while sipping a mojito! The selection of appetizers we had were pretty decent too. One warning is that the roof top isn't huge so maybe go with a smaller group of friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
The Sand Castle
The Sand Castle
#1 of 5 in Barnegat Light
5.0 of 5 stars 123 reviews

Been to Daddy O Hotel? Share your experiences!