“Fun and Hip Hotel at the Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Beach Township
Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant
You added Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4401 Long Beach Blvd, Brany Beach, Long Beach Township, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Hoboken, NJ
“Fun and Hip Hotel at the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Spent two nights here while in town for a wedding on the island.

PROS : Clean, modern rooms with a "cool" retro vibe. Staff was very friendly and personal -- really nice people. Free use of beach chairs in good condition. Short walk to the beautiful beach. Restaurant top notch. Our bathroom had a large walk-in shower and a toilet with a privacy door (love that). Convenient parking.

CONS : Not ON the beach. No Balconies. No pool. No mini-bar. Finishings/Decor looked only superficially nice -- as in they look ok because it's new, but will probably look tired quickly as it's not high quality materials.

Other Observations: Our room was a decent size, but my brother had a super tiny room and my parents had a very large room. So it varies quite a bit. I thought the prices were a bit high for not having a pool and other amenities.

Summary : We enjoyed our stay, and if in town for a weekend without kids, would definitely stay here again. With our kids, or for a longer period of time, would stay somewhere with a pool, kitchenette, and balconies for drying bathing suits, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Overall we enjoyed our stay here. The location is great and so is the restaurant and rooftop bar. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We loved that they provided beach chairs and the outdoor shower was so nice to have after checking out but spending the day at the beach. My only complaint about the room itself is that the walls are a bit thin. There were some other bumps (see below) but we would come back again.

Now for the bumps...
When we arrived there was no one at the front desk - there was a sign saying they would be right back but when the room rates are this high I feel like there should always be someone at the desk. One hotel employee walked in, saw us standing there and then just kept walking. He may or may not have gone to find the girl at the front desk as she arrived back a few minutes later and was very apologetic that we had had to wait. She explained that she had been in a guest room fixing their A/C. She then went on to tell us that a pipe had burst right outside of our room earlier that day so the hallway would be a mess as the repairman was working to fix the problem. OK, so these things happen and they working to fix it as quickly as possible but still a bit of a damper especially as those repairs meant that the water for the shower was off and we had to call down to have it turned back on so that we could shower. They did have the water on quickly. The next morning we headed out for some breakfast and came back to find that our keys didn't work. My husband went down to have the cards re-keyed and came back up - still not working so back down he went. He came up again and although the light did not turn green the door opened - now the electronic lock on our door was de-activated and we could not lock the door at all! We called down to the desk and manager came up to see the problem - he had to give us an actual key (rather than a keycard) to the door so that we could lock it. At this point we explained all of the issues we had encountered in the past 16 hours at the hotel (which taken one a time weren't a big deal but all together were getting to be a bit much.) The manager was gracious enough to comp one night for us due to these issues. The staff were gracious under pressure and did seem genuinely concerned that you were enjoying yourself and the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My only experience is at the roof top bar at Daddy O's. This was a really good alternative to the rather pricey restaurant. The atmosphere was sleek and and fun. I loved feeling the summer night's breeze while sipping a mojito! The selection of appetizers we had were pretty decent too. One warning is that the roof top isn't huge so maybe go with a smaller group of friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I will start off by saying all the 'bad' reviews I read about Daddy O's were either within the first year or 2 they were open, or just written by miserable people that wouldn't be satisfied staying at a hotel made for royalty. I will call these people 'I hate my life, so everyone else should hate theirs too' and if you're not one of those, then you should disregard their reviews.

We booked this vacation about a week before leaving, so I wasn't expecting much for it being last minute, however the Hotel does boast it's 'uniqueness' and 'boutique' like qualities, so I had really high hopes that it would live up to it. First of all, it's so adorable from the outside, I thought it would look out of place for the shore, but it didn't at all. From the moment we stepped in side, we were greeted by the nicest staff members I have ever dealt with. And better yet, they were young so I was expecting your usual 'i don't need to be here, my daddy is rich but forcing me to get a job'. Quite the contrary, from the receptionist to the bartenders to the room staff, they were all professional, hard working and constantly pleasant.

Everything on the inside of the hotel is tasteful, warm and inviting. There is a large restaurant, an outside lounge/bar/restaurant area and a roofdeck. My only complaint there was that they had to shut the music down early due to the 'i hate my life...' neighbors, but considering I've been staying in Jersey for almost 10 summers, that is to be expected. We ate and drank in each part of the hotel, and each meal was really good and their menu was plentiful.

The rooms (yes on the small side as other reviews mention) were cute, tasteful and perfect for what you need. I mean come on, there is only one reason to stay in a room on vacation, otherwise how much time do you spend there?? My only suggestion about the bathroom was that I prefer to have a shower bench, but that's just me :)

The beach really was only a block from the hotel, and absolutely gorgeous. We never had to wait to get a towel or beach chair, and it was a LOT easier than having to bring beach stuff from home. To paint the picture appropriately, I have been going to the shore for 10 years and have probably only been to the beach 10 times... I was sitting on the beach, almost all day, for 5 straight days on this vacation.

So I would highly recommend Daddy O's, unless of course you're one of 'those' people, but then again if you are, you really should just lock yourself in your house for the rest of your miserable life.

Oh, and we liked it so much we stayed 2 extra nights than originally planned :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

understand upfront what you are getting. We had stayed at Daddy Os several times a few summers ago when they initially opened and were there recently again.

Pros:
High- end look & feel- not something you normally find in a hotel on the Jersey shore.
The rooms with two queen beds (the only ones we sated in and they have only two of them) are very well designed and work great for a family, the furnishings are done very well and the bathroom is extremely well designed.
Food- just excellent, we had three meals here, all sitting out in their patio as the weather was wonderful and everything was great. Right up my alley.
Roof Bar- this has changed since my last visit and is now more than just the seating area it used to be (although I miss the sofas they had), but the place now has a buzz with a beach scene crowd.
Service- the last few times service was good but not great- this time it was great. Everyone we had contact with, especially the found lady at the front desk was extremely nice. Everything worked and request were handled efficiently and professionally.
Nice outdoor shower facility for using on your last day after checkout.
Beach chairs (no umbrellas) and passes provided.
Cons:
Its not on the beach- the beach is a block away and you have to cross a small road.
The view from the room is of a busy road. No balconies.
No pool.
Very expensive in season- this year around $450 all-in on weekends and $375 on weekends.

Requests to management:
You need to offer a peak-season "beach turn-down service". For example, 2/4 chairs set-up with an umbrella and a cooler with beverages, with pick-up included. Lugging chairs to the beach, remembering to bring an umbrella or having to go out and purchase one detracts from the high end experience. If this cannot work on an inclusive basis in the room charge, charge separately for it, but have it as an option.
Secondly, a minor nit, as you do not have a balcony, have swimsuit drying device (as they have in Gyms) installed in the bathrooms. Swimsuits don't dry inside the room and taking them outside on your property is not practical.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My daughter and I were at LBI for 2 days. We love good food and the pics online of Daddy O looked nice so we decided to try. We arrived very early due to afternoon rain and the bar had about 25 guests and we were the first to be seated in the restaurant. Our server was great and the food was very good. So good we actually went back for lunch the next day and eventhough the dish we loved the night before was not on the lunch menu the chef stll made it for us (Spicy grilled shrimp in a mango salsa and a amazing sauce) We will certainly go back there when in the area. ps also the decor of the restaurant is VERY nice. We did not sleep at the Hotel so I can;t write anything about that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The available hotels on LBI are pretty bad, so when I saw this place, I jumped at it. Yes, it's expensive, but not when you consider that a nice B&B on the island is even more per night, and the flea bag motels run only about 30% less in high season. The hotel is super clean and neatly furnished. I had a small room at the corner of the hotel for one night and it was more than sufficient for my needs. The bed was very comfortable and the room was fairly quiet (but it was a Monday night. I might be concerned staying over the weekend, with the bar above one's head.) The staff was friendly. My one complaint is the bathroom sink. For some reason, they installed these sinks that are 8 inches higher than the counter. While they look funky, they are impractical. I'm a woman of average height and in order to wash my face, I had to stand on my tiptoes. I would have liked a step stool, because I had to bend my arms at such an uncomfortable angle. Strange that no one thought of this, before going with that option. The one amenity that is worth the cost of admission: the ability to use their outdoor showers after you check out. I hate driving home full of salt and sand, but don't want to lose the beach day. Their showers make that drive and the day of check out so much nicer. They'll even give you a clean towel!

Room Tip: I'd suggest rooms 201, or 202 (corner rooms at the back of the hotel) or rooms closer to the fro...